Maybe it’s time for Mr. Kraft to ask for BB for his resignation.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: Maybe it’s time for Mr. Kraft to ask for BB for his resignation.

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Well Tex and everyone this is how I look at it.  It's like the brand new 75 story glass and metal skyscraper we all ooh and aah at when it first opened.   It's beautiful to look at and admire from afar.

What we didn't see is the construction forman had the foundation cement mixed with too much sand, the beams were joined with 2 instead of 4 bolts and the welds all substandard.

So when that 75 story building we all loved and ooh and ahh at comes crashing down 13 years later then yes I feel the Forman needs to be held accountable.

There are a lot of posters jumping on me for believing in accountability but that's how the world I live in revolves.  Also I'm a firm believer that the players win Championships not the coaches.

RESPONSE: And you're forming this opinion because BB risked his 113th overall pick in the 2010 draft to select a guy with first round talent, who had slipped due to character issues? Where was this condemnation of BB when Hernandez was tearing up the league, from 2010-12?

Why not blame Bob Kraft, too? After the 23 year old AH was signed to that $40mil. deal with a $12.5mil. signing bonus, Kraft stated the following, "I just think he's (AH) a super player and really a first-class guy. Some people might see all the tattoos on him and think...maybe 10 years ago I was in that class. (Now) I think...Wow, this guy's a good guy...and we made a big commitment to him.": http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9411208/risk-vs-reward-aaron-hernandez-case 

Sorry...but you're way off base here.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The greatest fault of some New England fans is that they cannot see that BB -- who set the bar so historically high with the Pats' success -- cannot forever be held to that standard.  Despite being in 5 superbowls and having a chance to win them all, he cannot do enough to meet some of your illogical expectations that he set.  And Hernandez?  After sliding in the draft  he managed to keep out of the papers and perform on the field -- and when he was was re-signed the consensus was that BB "had done it again".  Now we're blaming BB for taking a chance on him and looking to hate the player before the truth becomes public?  "He threatened Welker", "he smoked weed", "he looks like a thug".  Please!  Some of you change opinions so quickly your heads are still spinning.  If you feel the Pats have lost their way and you don't approve of their personnel methods, then please, jump off the bandwagon and go cheer for the team with 50 something choir boys.  I'd prefer to look at the past decade + in the big picture sense rather than cherry pick all the things I don't like.        

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

if only we could get your resignation from this board...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

More 20/20 hindsight from the media...as they do everything that they can to take pot-shots at BB and the Patriots: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/25/florida-a-d-takes-issue-with-reports-on-aaron-hernandezs-past/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

- Once and for all anyone connected to the Pats needs to stop it with the "Patriot Way" and winning the right way. We take a chance on questionable character players and we're not the only franchise that does so by any means. The issue is not so much that we do some of that, but it's irrtating and hypocritical when we claim that we are above that. Kraft's comments about Tebow's spirituality look especially comical and absurd now. We're out to win like everyone else. No shame in that, just don't dress it up in the Patriot Way. Yes, Belichick does generally need smarter players to run his schemes, but smartness and character are two different things. If Kraft and BB want to brag about how "our team can beat your team in chess," that's fine. Just don't brag about how our guys have more character and more spirituality and all that phony junk.

Well, I don't look at the "Patriot Way" as having to do with individual player character or background so much as I do with a team first philosophy, commitment to winning, next man up and all of that. I don't know if I've ever heard anybody connected to the team say they have more character or are more spiritual than any other teams (but I could be wrong?).  

I personally like the idea that they can take a guy with a checkered past and get him to buy in to their way, like Dillon or Moss. It seems to work for the most part, guys like Ocho come here and mind their business - even if they don't work out on the field.

The Hern thing is just something crazy that happened. It's easy to armchair and say they screwed up, but nobdoy could have seen something like this coming. I don't think it changes the way they approach running the team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE]

BB had an amazing early run with the Patriot’s thanks in large part to the greatness of Tom Brady.  But all good things come to an end.  I am embarrassed to be a fan and Kraft should be ashamed of what’s going on in his house. 

We have all witnessed poor coaching and horrible personal decisions over the past ½ decade.  We have now become thug central and the landing spot for low character players.

BB has used up the last of his House Money with me and now I believe it’s time to move in a different direction.   Bring on the Haters

[/QUO

No, it is time for you to go away and "like" some other team. You might as well blame Tom Brady for Aaron for crying out loud.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to raptor64d's comment:

[QUOTE]

BB had an amazing early run with the Patriot’s thanks in large part to the greatness of Tom Brady.  But all good things come to an end.  I am embarrassed to be a fan and Kraft should be ashamed of what’s going on in his house. 

We have all witnessed poor coaching and horrible personal decisions over the past ½ decade.  We have now become thug central and the landing spot for low character players.

BB has used up the last of his House Money with me and now I believe it’s time to move in a different direction.   Bring on the Haters

[/QUO

No, it is time for you to go away and "like" some other team. You might as well blame Tom Brady for Aaron for crying out loud.

Thanks for the reply, very insightful.  Like Rusty and his mini me's.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jayco. Show Jayco's posts

Who do you Hire?  Maybe you hire some sub .500 coach and hope you Draft another Tom Brady to lead them to greatness.

Hope is not a strategy!

You thinking they'll hire you instead?

This thread, and it's initial post, are as dumb as they come. You should be dying of embarrasment at this moment in time.

Unless you can get Kraft to hire Jesus Christ himself for the job, I'd just forget about going down this road if I were you.

This "conversation" brings absolutely nothing to the table.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I wonder if the Hernandez situation, and to a point the Gronk situation,  will change how the Patriots go about signing players who are getting ready to come off their rookie contracts.  Will they still gamble with trying to save money by locking players up so early before their rookie contract expires or will they be a bit more patient knowing that if they wait it possible will cost them a bit more but could also save them in the long run?

While there is no crystal ball to see if these situations will ever happen but there certainly was enough evidence with Hernandez past to know something bad could happen with him. And even so with Gonk and his missing all of his senior year due to injury.

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to Jayco's comment:

Who do you Hire?  Maybe you hire some sub .500 coach and hope you Draft another Tom Brady to lead them to greatness.

Hope is not a strategy!

You thinking they'll hire you instead?

This thread, and it's initial post, are as dumb as they come. You should be dying of embarrasment at this moment in time.

Unless you can get Kraft to hire Jesus Christ himself for the job, I'd just forget about going down this road if I were you.

This "conversation" brings absolutely nothing to the table.

Well it brought you to the table and allowed you to profess your man love for BB.  Good for you.  What was BB record before Brady?  You do realize he has a record before Brady...right?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

BB has used up the last of his House Money with me and now I believe it’s time to move in a different direction.   

RESPONSE: BB is not to blame for the idiotic actions of Hernandez. If BB is to blame, than so is Bob Kraft...as I have stated in a previous post. Kraft surely approved Hernandez being drafted, as well as the $40mil. extension AH received.

Here's a decent article on the subject of whether the Patriots are to blame: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/aaron-hernandez-murder-charge-new-england-patriots-cut-tight-end-062613

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

[QUOTE]

BB has used up the last of his House Money with me and now I believe it’s time to move in a different direction.   

RESPONSE: BB is not to blame for the idiotic actions of Hernandez. If BB is to blame, than so is Bob Kraft...as I have stated in a previous post. Kraft surely approved Hernandez being drafted, as well as the $40mil. extension AH received.

Here's a decent article on the subject of whether the Patriots are to blame: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/aaron-hernandez-murder-charge-new-england-patriots-cut-tight-end-062613

[/QUOTE]

This one incident isn't my reason for wanting a management change Tex.  It's just the final piece.  The "value" philosophy doesn't work.  It's probably cost us 3 Super Bowls (06, 07 and 11).  I strongly feel Brady's great play has masked a very weak foundation that will be exposed in a few short years.  Hope I'm wrong.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

The most disturbing thing I think is the look on AH face when taking out of his house and in the court,looks to me that he does'tunderstand what is happing and no concern what is happening No remorse.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"RESPONSE: BB is not to blame for the idiotic actions of Hernandez. If BB is to blame, than so is Bob Kraft...as I have stated in a previous post. Kraft surely approved Hernandez being drafted, as well as the $40mil. extension AH received."

Step out of the fishbowl. Kraft doesn't create Bill's draft philosophy. Bill loves bargains (for various reasons) and when you get talent at a discount, there is always a catch. I am not personally arguing Belichick should be fired or even abandon his philospohy. But this last stretch of botching the Sanders offer, losing Welker due to an insanely rigid negotiation, the Gronk injury discount coming back to haunt, the Hernandez character discount coming back to haunt, and the absurdity of wasting time with Tebow, all tie back into that same rigid adherence to a value philosophy which has now been exposed  - at least when it is taken to extremes. Combine this with often trading down from high picks (where you are forced to pay a premium for premium talent). and it's more than fair for fans to ask for a bit less arrogance and a bit more humility and openness to changing or tweaking the personnel approach. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

"RESPONSE: BB is not to blame for the idiotic actions of Hernandez. If BB is to blame, than so is Bob Kraft...as I have stated in a previous post. Kraft surely approved Hernandez being drafted, as well as the $40mil. extension AH received."

Step out of the fishbowl. Kraft doesn't create Bill's draft philosophy. Bill loves bargains (for various reasons) and when you get talent at a discount, there is always a catch. I am not personally arguing Belichick should be fired or even abandon his philospohy. But this last stretch of botching the Sanders offer, losing Welker due to an insanely rigid negotiation, the Gronk injury discount coming back to haunt, the Hernandez character discount coming back to haunt, and the absurdity of wasting time with Tebow, all tie back into that same rigid adherence to a value philosophy which has now been exposed  - at least when it is taken to extremes. Combine this with often trading down from high picks (where you are forced to pay a premium for premium talent). and it's more than fair for fans to ask for a bit less arrogance and a bit more humility and openness to changing or tweaking the personnel approach. 

Agree with this.  I would seriously look to replace bb as GM so we can at least establish a balance of power. Changing or accepting different points of view depends on who surrounds you. From what I read, it doesn't look like he has surrounded himself with strong leaders since Charlie and Romeo. Something has to change. I think Tcal is right on the point about what this team will look like after Brady. Mediocre. Don't tell rusty that. The greatest GM ever makes no mistakes and he made Brady and his success. There is a reason that haven't won a SB since their defenses started to stink. And, that is not bradys fault. Blame the architect. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Amendola. Show Brady2Amendola's posts

No... just NO

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I wonder if the Hernandez situation, and to a point the Gronk situation,  will change how the Patriots go about signing players who are getting ready to come off their rookie contracts.  Will they still gamble with trying to save money by locking players up so early before their rookie contract expires or will they be a bit more patient knowing that if they wait it possible will cost them a bit more but could also save them in the long run?

While there is no crystal ball to see if these situations will ever happen but there certainly was enough evidence with Hernandez past to know something bad could happen with him. And even so with Gonk and his missing all of his senior year due to injury.

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

i think this will absolutely change the pats way of looking at things in future drafts ans free agents they bring in....the 'hints' were there for the pats as you said TFB, but BB im sure had to run this by/convince kraft and his son, when they drafted ahern.  This is why he fell to 4th rd, not b/c he smoked some dope.....we'll see of course, but cant see how they continue to bring something similar like ahern's character going forward....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Agree with this.  I would seriously look to replace bb as GM so we can at least establish a balance of power. 

I don't understand this point of view.  It is fantasy.  Belichick will leave if Kraft attempts to strip him of GM duties and there are a number of organizations that would have no problem giving him both GM and HC responsibilities.  Personally I think replacing Belichick as GM is crazy, but if you are going to propose it I think you need to be honest about what the full implications are.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

While there is no crystal ball to see if these situations will ever happen but there certainly was enough evidence with Hernandez past to know something bad could happen with him.

Photobucket

I don't think you realize the number of players in the NFL with questionable backgrounds.  If every player that had a background like Hernandez's ended up getting popped for murder there would be no NFL.  I guarantee you there are numerous players in the NFL with similar backgrounds to Hern that never got into any serious legal trouble (even if they are total dbags off the field).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Step out of the fishbowl. Kraft doesn't create Bill's draft philosophy. Bill loves bargains (for various reasons) and when you get talent at a discount, there is always a catch.

RESPONSE: Step out of the fishbowl??? What the hell does that mean??

Your post is a classic example of illogical, 20/20 hindsight thinking. Absolutely ridiculous!! You're blaming BB for spending a mid fourth round pick to take a chance on guy? So...a guy who smokes some weed, and knows some gang members should automatiocally be scratched off the list? I dare say that the majority on NFL players know gang-bangers. The majority of NFL player smoke, or smoked weed. So...I guess that BB should only draft players studying to become priests, right?? 

Kraft signed off on Hernandez. He authorized BB to offer him that huge extension. Kraft himself said that AH had turned the corner...and was a good guy, despite all his tattoos. So...both Kraft and BB should have envisioned that AH would become a murderer? I wonder what you would be saying about AH if this never happened, and Hernandez went on to play in 5 straight pro-bowls?   

I am not personally arguing Belichick should be fired or even abandon his philospohy. But this last stretch of botching the Sanders offer, losing Welker due to an insanely rigid negotiation, the Gronk injury discount coming back to haunt, the Hernandez character discount coming back to haunt, and the absurdity of wasting time with Tebow, all tie back into that same rigid adherence to a value philosophy which has now been exposed  - at least when it is taken to extremes. Combine this with often trading down from high picks (where you are forced to pay a premium for premium talent). and it's more than fair for fans to ask for a bit less arrogance and a bit more humility and openness to changing or tweaking the personnel approach. 

RESPONSE: No one has been more critical of BB the GM than I. Some of what you stated above has some merit. But, blaming BB for Hernandez is way over the top. NO ONE saw this coming. Also, blaming BB's decision to draft Gronk is silly. A freak injury in which Gronk broke his arm had nothing to do with his back condition. Now, you could make a case, as I have, that BB rushed Gronk back before he was ready...leading to his arm being broken again. But that aside, how was Gronk a mistake? While healthy, he was the best TE in the game.

You are seriously over-reacting here.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

[QUOTE]

While there is no crystal ball to see if these situations will ever happen but there certainly was enough evidence with Hernandez past to know something bad could happen with him.

Photobucket

I don't think you realize the number of players in the NFL with questionable backgrounds.  If every player that had a background like Hernandez's ended up getting popped for murder there would be no NFL.  I guarantee you there are numerous players in the NFL with similar backgrounds to Hern that never got into any serious legal trouble (even if they are total dbags off the field).

[/QUOTE]

No, I understand that.  But you gotta understand many other teams took a pass on him and you have to wonder why they did and the Pats didn't.  With all the grading teams give to players I am pretty sure they grade a players past,  NO?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to NedBraden's comment:

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

[QUOTE]

if only we could get your resignation from this board...

Best post in the thread. TCal and his buddies are trolls. Always have been.  Only interested in Brady's stats for fantasy football, apparently.

[/QUOTE]

Replying to yourself is a sign of insanity nutcase.

Sections
Shortcuts