Maybe it’s time for Mr. Kraft to ask for BB for his resignation.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: Maybe it’s time for Mr. Kraft to ask for BB for his resignation.

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Agree with this.  I would seriously look to replace bb as GM so we can at least establish a balance of power. 

I don't understand this point of view.  It is fantasy.  Belichick will leave if Kraft attempts to strip him of GM duties and there are a number of organizations that would have no problem giving him both GM and HC responsibilities.  Personally I think replacing Belichick as GM is crazy, but if you are going to propose it I think you need to be honest about what the full implications are.

Perhaps not stripping him but putting in a system of checks and balances is key. I am not referring in this case to Hernandez. No one including Kraft so this coming. I am referring to the strict value philosophy coupled with the results of this philosophy through FA and the draft. The results have been mixed with lots and lots of wasted cash and picks. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

Why shouldn't a decision maker be held accountable for the outcomes of his decisions?

GM's are every day.

BB took a big, known, risk with Hernandez.   He chooses to take these risks, probably, because the deck is stacked against him (and other successful teams).   Year in, year out, the Pats play deep into the playoffs and BB gets his share of credit for that, as he should.  

But when one of his decisions has a bad outcome, he's immune to any judgement or accountablity?

It's not just Hernandez.  It's bringing in Tebow and almost any ex-Jet, so he can poke the Jets in the eye.  Drafting guys just because they went to Rutgers.  Many poor draft choices, especially at skilled positions.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Your absolutely right mike.  Rusty and all his fake accounts have to come on this thread and wash BB extra hard.  This allows all his account the ability to continue to rag on Brady with every post since (his logic) BB is the greatest and the sole reason for any team success since 2001.

The dude is so transparent it's laughable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

BB had an amazing early run with the Patriot’s thanks in large part to the greatness of Tom Brady.  But all good things come to an end.  I am embarrassed to be a fan and Kraft should be ashamed of what’s going on in his house. 

We have all witnessed poor coaching and horrible personal decisions over the past ½ decade.  We have now become thug central and the landing spot for low character players.

BB has used up the last of his House Money with me and now I believe it’s time to move in a different direction.   Bring on the Haters

I agree Tcal. BB needs to re-evaluate what is more important - character or talent. A good mix of both is the desire.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

The ONLY thing BB (or anybody in the NFL) is judged on is wins and losses. As long as he keeps winning a whole lot more than he's losing and as long as Mr. Kraft continues to rake in cash, all this stuff is just noise.

A failed draft pick here and there, a bad free agent signing. Those things might matter a whole lot more if they went 7-9 or thereabouts for a few years, but when you win year after year, nobody cares. Well, some folks on here care, but Bob Kraft doesn't much care.

Other than the haters, nobody is going to hold the fact that one of his players murdered someone against BB.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The dude is a serial killer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seajere. Show seajere's posts

Well Tcal2 not so sure you're right but I'm sure ol' BB is going to be a bit more cautious going forward along with each GM of every other organization in the league. Yeah Aaron turned out to be a real bad dude. His dark side was totally hidden though until the events of the last few days came to light. A man who apparently had turned his life aound, winner of the Latino Role Model in February has fooled many.
    Yet despite these horrible revelations re Aarom, I hope that BB and Kraft will cotinue to try to help those who may need a second chance.

So Tcal2 in sum I hope BB and Kraft continue the course and fight onward.

Now as to your picture. and I apologize for not having one, which are you, the Musolini chin up guy on the left or the grumpy smokerdoodle on the right. Or are you as one, in which case I congratulate you on your joy with the recent Supreme Court ruling on the subject

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

but Bob Kraft doesn't much care.

i think you're wrong.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Why shouldn't a decision maker be held accountable for the outcomes of his decisions?

GM's are every day."

IMO this is already happening. I'm sure Kraft will ask to be briefed when they are drafting someone with character questions from now on. If Belichick ends up leaving under bad terms with Kraft, it will trace back to Hernandez. 

But it all depends on how Bill responds, I have no doubt Kraft will (rightly) tighten the leash. 

Anyone who thinks Belichick should have no consequence for this draft pick is clueless and wrong. 

That's not the same as saying it's Belichick's fault. But in a business you are judged on results. If you bring shame on an organization through someone you bring into an organization,, it falls on you. It's part of your legacy whether you like it or not. In thi case it's not fair but it will be part of the mix. 

I think most folks with common sense will admit that no one could have foreseen he would be this kind of monster. There is a difference between a troubled kid (what we expected) and a flat out assasin. 

p.s. only a true troll would find a way to turn this thread on Brady. This thread has nothing to do with Brady's role. Brady doesn't pick the groceries. 

It is, however, connected to Belichick's struggle to construct a good team around Brady. That's not to say he deserves an F. But he doesn't get an A either. We're lucky we have been in such a pathetic division the last few years. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

In response to Muzwell's comment:

but Bob Kraft doesn't much care.

i think you're wrong.

Every fan should care how long it has been since we won it all. This winning divisions and posting double digit wins being satisfying is pure BS. And Kraft is fan #1.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"Why shouldn't a decision maker be held accountable for the outcomes of his decisions?

GM's are every day."

IMO this is already happening. I'm sure Kraft will ask to be briefed when they are drafting someone with character questions from now on. If Belichick ends up leaving under bad terms with Kraft, it will trace back to Hernandez. 

But it all depends on how Bill responds, I have no doubt Kraft will (rightly) tighten the leash. 

Anyone who thinks Belichick should have no consequence for this draft pick is clueless and wrong. 

That's not the same as saying it's Belichick's fault. But in a business you are judged on results. If you bring shame on an organization through someone you bring into an organization,, it falls on you. It's part of your legacy whether you like it or not. In thi case it's not fair but it will be part of the mix. 

I think most folks with common sense will admit that no one could have foreseen he would be this kind of monster. There is a difference between a troubled kid (what we expected) and a flat out assasin. 

p.s. only a true troll would find a way to turn this thread on Brady. This thread has nothing to do with Brady's role. Brady doesn't pick the groceries. 

It is, however, connected to Belichick's struggle to construct a good team around Brady. That's not to say he deserves an F. But he doesn't get an A either. We're lucky we have been in such a pathetic division the last few years. 

I buy what you say here. I think Kraft trusted BB's connections with Florida that were likely saying AH was distancing himself from his punk life. From here on I suspect Kraft will weild a large cleaver regarding BBand his college buddies assurances.

I have been preaching BB is not all that great as a GM for many years. It is gratifying that finally more and more people are seeing the light.

Another thing to ponder: If a true GM was in place and BB only did what he does greatly, coach, would the stigma of spygate have soiled our beloved team?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

GM's are every day."

I agree 100%. I think the future of Bill Belichick here will depend on how he handles the conversation Kraft will be having with him real soon (if he hasn't already). You can bet the players on this team knew exactly what Aaron Hernandez "stood for" as Light pointed out. And if the players knew, the positional coaches knew....and if the positional coaches knew, you can bet Bill heard something. And that's where I think it stopped - I don't think Kraft had a clue - I don't think he has a clue about much going on that team...I think that is going to be changing. Don't forget Kraft got a reputation as a owner that perhaps was a little too hands on early in his days as owner, I think he has worked hard to get away from that. It will be very interesting to see what happens going forward between him and Belichick now, I hope it goes smoothly because I don't want to see Belichick go the road of a Parcells.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to NedBraden's comment:

GM's are every day."

That makes zero sense. Kraft signed off on the Hernandez deal after knowing Hernandez's past.

Get off your goofy high horse. It's incredibly annoying. Anyone pretending Kraft is removed from any huge second contract is a moron.  Hernandez ran into Kraft's office, not BB's.

You're a disgrace. Brady has had incredible talent on offense around him for years, minus 2009.  Years.   6 TDs and 7 INTs in AFC title games since then is a joke.  I'll bet anyone right now Brady will be a better QB this year than in any year since 2010. 

What he does in the postseason is up to Brady and his ego.

If you want to see a true disgrace, look in the mirror dumbkoff. You are the poster child for annoying more so than any I have ever beheld on a sports board. And your 25+ bannings attest to that.

BTS is 100 times the fan and poster you will ever be.

Your warped hero worship of BB is sick. If BB was charged with murder one instead of AH you would be claiming it was all some kind of conspiracy against him. Get help.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

GM's are every day."

I agree 100%. I think the future of Bill Belichick here will depend on how he handles the conversation Kraft will be having with him real soon (if he hasn't already). You can bet the players on this team knew exactly what Aaron Hernandez "stood for" as Light pointed out. And if the players knew, the positional coaches knew....and if the positional coaches knew, you can bet Bill heard something. And that's where I think it stopped - I don't think Kraft had a clue - I don't think he has a clue about much going on that team...I think that is going to be changing. Don't forget Kraft got a reputation as a owner that perhaps was a little too hands on early in his days as owner, I think he has worked hard to get away from that. It will be very interesting to see what happens going forward between him and Belichick now, I hope it goes smoothly because I don't want to see Belichick go the road of a Parcells.

I don't blame BB for drafting AH. I do blame him for over-reliance on the word of his college "buddies" though. I have lamented that approach by him in the past as well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Another great pick about to get cut. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

7th RD, what a loss. 7th rounders not expected to make team. Got one year out of him. better than most.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

7th RD, what a loss. 7th rounders not expected to make team. Got one year out of him. better than most.

It goes a lot deeper then just a 7th round pick getting arrested.  Again, this is a guy every other team passed on 7 times because he assaulted a Freaking Police Officer.  That's way he was available.

This is a huge Public Affairs Nightmare for the team and the league.  We just went from one of the most respected and highly ranked Sports franchise valued at over $1 Billion to a freaking laughing Stock. 

Watch the team value and ranking drop now.  Kraft is going to *hit.  The Patriot Brand is more valuable to the Kraft's than any Coach.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

You are not only wrong, you are wrong headed. The franchise value has not dropped a dime!!!!!

It goes a lot deeper then just a 7th round pick getting arrested.  Again, this is a guy every other team passed on 7 times because he assaulted a Freaking Police Officer.  That's way he was available.

This is a huge Public Affairs Nightmare for the team and the league.  We just went from one of the most respected and highly ranked Sports franchise valued at over $1 Billion to a freaking laughing Stock. 

Watch the team value and ranking drop now.  Kraft is going to *hit.  The Patriot Brand is more valuable to the Kraft's than any Coach.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Question:What is the "Patriot Brand" without three SBs?

Answer: The Foxborough Bengals

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

What a simple solution.

Why didn't someone think of this before?

Get rid of Belichick. Genious!

He done nothing but bring shame to the NE Patriots.

Oh, except for the 3 Lombardi's, 5 Superbowl appearances and how many division titles?

I know, I know, that was all done by Brady.  I forgot.  Sorry.

Speaking of shame,  I remember going to games at Sullivan Stadium and people had bags over their heads.

Not ready for those days again just yet so I think I'll stick with Belichick as the Head Coach and I'm still fine with him as GM.

Feel free to jump off the bandwagon though.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

What a simple solution.

Oh, except for the 3 Lombardi's, 5 Superbowl appearances and how many division titles?

Speaking of shame,  I remember going to games at Sullivan Stadium and people had bags over their heads.

Not ready for those days again just yet so I think I'll stick with Belichick as the Head Coach and I'm still fine with him as GM.

Oh that's right, I forgot it was BB that lead that brilliant last minute drive against the Rams in Super Bowl 36 capping it off with a great 24 yard strike to Troy Brown (Welker would of chit his pants and dropped it).

Stop the BB ball washing.  We won 3 Super Bowls thanks to Tom Brady and players selected during Bill Parcell and Pete Carroll coaching years and lost 2 with Belichick defenses.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

What a simple solution.

Oh that's right, I forgot it was BB that lead that brilliant last minute drive against the Rams in Super Bowl 36 capping it off with a great 24 yard strike to Troy Brown (Welker would of chit his pants and dropped it).

Stop the BB ball washing.  We won 3 Super Bowls thanks to Tom Brady and players selected during Bill Parcell and Pete Carroll coaching years and lost 2 with Belichick defenses.

Please follow another team.

You are not a fan of the Patriots.

You're a fan of Tom Brady.  I am as well but the Pats are my first love.  I was a fan before Brady and I'll be one after Brady.  

You're just another bandwagoner that jumped on back in 2001 now please jump back off.

You may as well.  Brady is almost done and when he's gone and retired you'll have to find another love anyway.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

BB had an amazing early run with the Patriot’s thanks in large part to the greatness of Tom Brady.  But all good things come to an end.  I am embarrassed to be a fan and Kraft should be ashamed of what’s going on in his house. 

We have all witnessed poor coaching and horrible personal decisions over the past ½ decade.  We have now become thug central and the landing spot for low character players.

BB has used up the last of his House Money with me and now I believe it’s time to move in a different direction.   Bring on the Haters

You brought 'em on. That's what you get for being an idiot with a knee jerk reponse. 

This isn't a problem so much with the NFL as it is with the colleges who let kids that seem to be on a troubled path continue on it. After all, they gave out the football scholarships, they should hold these kids accountable.

They are not. Don't blame BB. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

What a simple solution.

Players from Parcells and Pete Carroll?  Really?

You are so delusional.

Again, have fun rooting for another team when Brady is gone.  

I'll stick with this one.

Sections
Shortcuts