Maybe next season we can cheer for THREE undefeated teams

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Maybe next season we can cheer for THREE undefeated teams

While I certainly don't want teams to match the Patriots' accomplishment in 2007, I thought it would have been fantastic for COLLEGE football if THREE NFL teams went undefeated this year.

I still can't believe that three undefeated teams WON'T be playing for the college national championship this January.

That TCU and Boise State didn't make more of a ruckus for being exiled together in the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl without getting a chance to embarrass one of the many major programs that are afraid to schedule them only tells me that they got paid some serious money to keep their mouths shut.

I was wondering what all of you thought of the BCS and college ball.

I personally can't stand it.  It's a scam in my mind, and the quality of play isn't good enough for me to justify watching a system that's rigged to help a handful of major programs maintain the status quo by playing teams like Chattanooga.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: Maybe next season we can cheer for THREE undefeated teams

One of the reasons I won't start watching is because they dont have a real playoff system.  Its a frickin beauty contest, as far as i can see.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In Response to Maybe next season we can cheer for THREE undefeated teams:
    [QUOTE]While I certainly don't want teams to match the Patriots' accomplishment in 2007, I thought it would have been fantastic for COLLEGE football if THREE NFL teams went undefeated this year. I still can't believe that three undefeated teams WON'T be playing for the college national championship this January. That TCU and Boise State didn't make more of a ruckus for being exiled together in the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl without getting a chance to embarrass one of the many major programs that are afraid to schedule them only tells me that they got paid some serious money to keep their mouths shut. I was wondering what all of you thought of the BCS and college ball. I personally can't stand it.  It's a scam in my mind, and the quality of play isn't good enough for me to justify watching a system that's rigged to help a handful of major programs maintain the status quo by playing teams like Chattanooga.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Let's give Cincinatti (12-0) some love too.  The NCAA is system is nuts.  Schools are ranked on reputations that were earned when their present players were in diapers. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Maybe next season we can cheer for THREE undefeated teams:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Maybe next season we can cheer for THREE undefeated teams : Let's give Cincinatti (12-0) some love too.  The NCAA is system is nuts.  Schools are ranked on reputations that were earned when their present players were in diapers. 
    Posted by bostatewarrior[/QUOTE]

Yes, I should have also shown love to Cincy beyond saying that there are three undefeated teams that WON'T get to play for a championship.

At least Cincinnati gets to play Florida without their head coach, who left in large part because Cincinnati will never overcome the status quo to play for a championship.  If there was a playoff system and virtually every undefeated team got a chance to play for a championship, I doubt Brian Kelly leaves Cincy because the job and program would have legitimacy.

Until they change the system, "major" programs will poach coaching talent from "mid-major" schools because said "mid-major's" will only play second fiddle as a side-show to the BCS plutocracy.

It's a fancy way of saying that Boise State, TCU, Cincy, and Utah will never get to play for a championship because college football is b*llsh*t.

I for one will not be watching any bowls, except maybe the Sugar Bowl to root for Cincy against Florida and the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl to see if anyone on air or in the stands has the balls to speak up against The Man.  I'm pretty confident in hypothesizing that the coaches kept their mouths shut on being put in the Exile Bowl because the NCAA and the Tostitos Bowl directors paid them off.  I wonder how long they can line the inside with money before the consumers finally make a stand.

But I also won't watch for the most part because, although I haven't tried it and I'm no zoologist or anything, I'm 99% certain you could train monkeys to run the option.  Just sayin'.... The NFL is light years more interesting.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I can't watch meaningless games and all games in college ball are meaningless without a playoff to decide a clear winner.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maybe next season we can cheer for THREE undefeated teams : Yes, I should have also shown love to Cincy beyond saying that there are three undefeated teams that WON'T get to play for a championship. At least Cincinnati gets to play Florida without their head coach, who left in large part because Cincinnati will never overcome the status quo to play for a championship.  If there was a playoff system and virtually every undefeated team got a chance to play for a championship, I doubt Brian Kelly leaves Cincy because the job and program would have legitimacy. Until they change the system, "major" programs will poach coaching talent from "mid-major" schools because said "mid-major's" will only play second fiddle as a side-show to the BCS plutocracy. It's a fancy way of saying that Boise State, TCU, Cincy, and Utah will never get to play for a championship because college football is b*llsh*t. I for one will not be watching any bowls, except maybe the Sugar Bowl to root for Cincy against Florida and the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl to see if anyone on air or in the stands has the balls to speak up against The Man.  I'm pretty confident in hypothesizing that the coaches kept their mouths shut on being put in the Exile Bowl because the NCAA and the Tostitos Bowl directors paid them off.  I wonder how long they can line the inside with money before the consumers finally make a stand. But I also won't watch for the most part because, although I haven't tried it and I'm no zoologist or anything, I'm 99% certain you could train monkeys to run the option.  Just sayin'.... The NFL is light years more interesting.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

I'm not a college football fan either but I do know that the Big East is the only conference with a winning record against the SEC. 
    http://www.secsportsfan.com/sec-vs-big-east-football.html

I may feel worse for Bearcat fans if they win their game against Florida (not a prediction) than if they lose it.  They may never have a team this good again and they don't get to compete for a BCS championship. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]I can't watch meaningless games and all games in college ball are meaningless without a playoff to decide a clear winner.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

My sentiments are exactly coupled here with the poster who mentioned that The BCS hasn't changed their biases for The top-major college programs (AND Conferences, I might add), since the present college players were "in diapers."  Say what you will regarding mid-major schools, But THAT Big East College Football in Cincinatti isn't getting ANY respect, is simply absurd. 

Sections
Shortcuts