Maybe we need to draft better

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from funinCA. Show funinCA's posts

Maybe we need to draft better

Yes I know we drafted Hernandez in the forth. Good valve, but instead of drafting players who should be taken higher but slide down due to character issues, maybe Bill needs to do more homework on the drafting. We seem to draft players early like this year with Collins, could have been drafted in the third and Harman could have been drafted anytime later or free agent. Or trade down when we have a bunch of 2nd round picks. We need to do a better job. 

Hernandez is a shock, two great years and this. There are misses. Cory had a great year when he came over, Albert didn't have the drive or motor anymore but he wasn't a problem. Everyone deserves second chances. Ray Lewis was guilty but received a second chance and was a model for teammates. Drafting better would eleminate these types of signings. I think we need to draft better, but only give one year contracts to second chances. Randy had a monster first year before his ego got in the way. 

Hopefully the police catch the murderer and we can here the whole story. When this happens we can decide ourselfs. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Maybe we need to draft better

The draft is utterly important in any cap situation.  Having players at minimal salaries perform like 8 year vets is a big part of domination.  Constant drafting failures lead to plugging holes with overpriced free agents and to re-signing current players at bloated prices.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NedBraden's comment:

Umm, not one franchise has turned in a better yield in the draft in the last 3 drafts (2010-2012) than NE. Go look at the names yourselves.

Who did the drafting between 2000-2009?

Number of Superbowls won between 2010 and 2012:  Zilch.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from funinCA. Show funinCA's posts

Umm, not one franchise has turned in a better yield in the draft in the last 3 drafts (2010-2012) than NE. Go look at the names yourselves.

Even if you take Hernadez off the 2010 draft, the yield is still very strong. And the fleece job deluxe BB pulled on New Orleans into the 2011 draft might be his ultimate coup of his entire career as GM.

NE ended up with Solder (for Seymour 2009), then BB took Vereen and Ridley as RB prospects, and then NOs took Mark Ingram, RB from Alabama.  Ridley on his own has outperformed Ingram by a mile.

Solder has emerged into an elite LT, easily in line for 2nd best in the AFC behind Joe Thomas.   I suspect he'll take another step this year.

But, wait...the coup isn't over:

In 2012, BB took Chandler Jones with the 1st of his two 1st rd picks with the 1st rder coming from BB fleecing Mickey Loomis the year beofre.  (The other is DOnta Hightower). Barring a sprained ankle in 2012, Jones was well on his way to DROY.  Some now see him as another Willie McGinest type projection from BB in the elephant role in the 3-4. Yeah, sure, BB doesn't know what he is doing.  He also must now seek out a crystal ball so Kraft will keep him around. iol 

Please do your homework before saying REALLY, REALLY stupid things. I suspect this will be the last of the handwringing, short sighted, knee jerk, 10 year old paper boy logic about how BB is mysteriously not a good GM.

My god, people. Go drink a beer.  Call a friend.  Go to a movie!  Phat Rex wil be there to take your ticket at his standing desk.  bawhaah

Homework should be done by all. Two years doesn't make up for plenty of other misses. BB is a great coach but needs improvement on drafting. Solder is not an elite. Maybe some day.   Vereen has not done a thing yet, but shows a lot of injuries. Ridley is good but shows fumbering issues. Jones has potential but was hurt, so we will see in two years.  Ned I want all theses guys to work out, but BB is not a great gm. Maybe in your eyes but not in others. Be open minded not a close minded hero worshiping teenager. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well . . .   yes . . .    of course the Pats need to draft better. No matter how well any team might do in the draft, drafting "better" would certainly be . . .   ummmmm . . .   you know . . .
    better.

I guess if general managers had crystal balls (heh, heh) they would be able to see the Jamarcus Russels and the Tony Mandarichs and the Aaron Hernandezes of the world and every team would pick the exact right guy at the exact right spot and give him the exact right contract and everything would be . . .  you know . . .   all rainbows and lollipops and stuff.

And wouldn't that be fun?

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Who did the drafting between 2000-2009?

Number of Superbowls won between 2010 and 2012:  Zilch.

[/QUOTE]

NUmber of SBs since Brady wanted to use more shotgun spreads? Zilch.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah dumbkoff, because Brady is really the HC. LMAO@U

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'm aware that Belichick has been the GM since he arrived, Rusty.  I apologize for the rhetorical question that you thought was a real question.

Let's try this:  You state that Belichick did a great job the last three drafts.  What happened with the rest of them? 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

NUmber of SBs since Brady wanted to use more shotgun spreads? Zilch.

Doesn't the head coach have final say on what happens on the field?  Is Belichick so soft that he gets pushed around by one of his players to such an extreme that bad plays are constantly run to the detriment of the overall success of the franchise?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

No one mentioned Pioli but you, and then suddenly you're talking about Flacco. So weird.

Anyway, you're lauding the GM for his drafting over the past three years.

What happened in the drafts from 2000-2009?

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

No one mentioned Pioli but you, and then suddenly you're talking about Flacco. So weird.

4 SB appearances, 3 SBs, 5 AFC title games.

[/QUOTE]

And how many of those did BB have before Brady dumbkoff?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

FuninCA, the newest member of the handwringer's union, local BDC 1. Don't forget, they have spaghetti dinner at the lodge in Dedham Wednesdays at 6, and bingo all day Saturday.  See any of your stewards if you have any questions. I wouldn't bother with your chief Parilli though, he tends to be a little gruff.

So you don't like some of B's picks, what do you expect to happen? It's a moot point and a pointless debate. He's picking the players his way, there's not going to be any changes, deal with it.

By the way, I don't think you should make fun of Ridley's fumbering. It can happen to anyone and it's kind of private, don't you think? I understand he's on medication anyway.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

4 SB appearances, 3 SBs, 5 AFC title games. That's what happened.  It;s weird that you tried to get cute implying that Pioli was the GM here, you tried to use it to challenge my premise, you got caught and I pointed it out?

THat's "weird"?   lol

I call it you being a phony and me pointing it out.  That's what everyone else reading this would call it too.

[/QUOTE]

How many of the players in the 2001 Superbowl victory were drafted by Belichick? 

No one mentioned Pioli but you.  So, so, so odd.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

The drakest kept secret of why we have no SBs from SB 42 or SB 46 is one guy. ONE guy. Tom Brady.

His postseason play since 2007 in particular has been substandard.  Period. FACT.  Any troll trying to transpose that fact and then create a premise of it being because of BB the GM, will be summarily trounced here WITH ease.

The last things I remember of the last two Super Bowls were the last drives in each game of 88 and 83 yards that the Patriots defenses gave up to lose both of the Super Bowls.  Epic defensive failures.  All they needed was to make one last stop in each of the games and they couldn't do it. 

You like to point out the lucky Tyree catch in 07, okay but still they allowed the Giants to score at the end of the game to lose the SB.  No excuses in 2011, that defense was terrible, they couldn't stop a BB nosebleed if they had to. 

The last several years the D couldn't get off the field.  They have been near the top of the list in yards allowed the past several seasons.  When you get in the playoffs and the Super Bowl you will be playing teams that are much more effecient in scoring td's in the redzone then the teams they face in the regular season.  If you have a defense that is allowing teams to move the ball down the field like the Pats allowed during the regular season then they are in trouble when they are facing the more effecient redzone teams in the playoffs and Super Bowl.  And the Pats couldn't stop the Giants from moving 88 yards on the final drive in 2011, and they couldn't do it last year against the Ravens.

The Pats have to get much better at stopping teams and getting off the field.  Hopefully this season they will be better, much better at doing so. 

Sections
Shortcuts