Maybe we need to draft better

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Maybe we need to draft better

Constant drafting failures lead to losing records. Oh that's right we have Superman at QB.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to NedBraden's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Umm, not one franchise has turned in a better yield in the draft in the last 3 drafts (2010-2012) than NE. Go look at the names yourselves.

Who did the drafting between 2000-2009?

Number of Superbowls won between 2010 and 2012:  Zilch.

[/QUOTE]

NUmber of SBs since Brady wanted to use more shotgun spreads? Zilch.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah dumbkoff, because Brady is really the HC. LMAO@U

[/QUOTE]

+1

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH......

All the Patriots had to do was make one last stop in each of the last 2 Super Bowl games.  The Giants drove 83 and 88 yards on their final drives to beat the Pats.  That is pathetice!  Doesn't matter how many points the Pats scored, they did enough to have the lead going into the final minutes of the game and had the Giants starting on their own 17 and 12 yard lines.  All the defense had to do is do what they are there to do... stop the other team from moving the ball and scoring.  They couldn't!  Lost both games.  Is this BB's defense? 

BTW, he almost blew the SB as a Giants DC against the Bills on the Bills final drive.  See a pattern here?  Maybe BB chokes in big games. 

Now it's very possible BB has finally put a better defense together for this season, I think he has, I like what I see for the defense going into this season... it's about damn time. 

Now we need to sit back and see if he made the right decisions this season for the offense.  At this point I don't feel as confident about the offense as I do about the defense for this season, even if you don't take into consideration the Hernandez situation.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Umm, last time, TROLL: It's not "odd" at all because I knew what you were doing. You tried to get cute, got caught.

The whole reason why you said "2000-2009" because you knew Pioli was BB's right hand, many of whom apparently thought he was the GM here from 2000-2009. He wasn't.  He was Dir of Player Personnel and mostly an administrator, which is an important part of the job. Caserio now does that here for BB.

So stop saying "it's odd". You caught trying to be sneaky, and I have you dead to rights, NAS. 

As for your presposterous contention about who BB "drafted" from the NCAA leve in 2000 or 2001, as if he had to mostly draft with part of his GM duties, you just walked into another door:

BB drafted Brady in 2000 and Seymour in 2001.  LOL!

Could you be any more dumb here?

I won't list the GREAT FA moves he made in 2000 and 2001 as GM which also contributed to that SB 36 title. It's the stuff of legend, or should be for all Pats fans, except for you, because you really aren't one.

Enjoy being bludgeoned over here today, NAS? bawhaha

The reason I said 2000-2009 was because you said the last three years were great (2010-2012).  No one mentioned Pioli but you.  I appreciate the credit, however.

53 guys on the team.  Tough to give Belichick's drafting as the reason for success there in XXXVI.  Brady (total luck) and Seymour (Top 10 picks are pretty tough to fail with) played very well.  Any other of the 53 that Belichick drafted that made a marked difference?

Thank you for not listing the great FA moves.  This discussion isn't about free agency.  It's about the draft.  But, if you want to talk about free agency, feel free to start a new thread.  I'll have the first reply with a picture of Fat Albert and a second reply with a picture of A. Thomas. A third one with Chad Johnson?  Keep in mind, that's Chad JOHNSON, not Chad Jackson, the failure of a second round pick that was taken after Laurence Maroney, the failure of a first round pick.

As for the rest of your statements about some sort of battle, trolling or whatever else you tack on to every reply...whatever.  Your stupidity doesn't bother me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

There it is again, folks.  Queenie is claiming that BB built the 2000 Ravens superbowl team.  It only took him EIGHT OUT OF NINE Losing seasons in Cleveland and Baltimore to do so. 

What an idiot you are.

Lewis was taken 26th in the '96 draft.  Obviously this was Belichick's doing.

I wish the Belichick defense first opinion was in full swing in 2002.  Sure would have been nice to have Ed Reed instead of Daniel Graham!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"All the Patriots had to do was make one last stop in each of the last 2 Super Bowl games.  "

TFB do not say that to Rusty. That fact is outside his comfort zone. He only likes certain facts, not other facts. He will troll on you hard for saying that.

Most of us agree with some of Rusty's criticisms of Brady, though we are confused as to why he won't hold the rest of the team accountable as well.. Oh, yeah, we know, because then Belichick would have some accountabiliy. And that is unacceptable because he is a God, one level above Lombardi, a football god I tell you!!!!

I always say never get into an argument with a religious person about their religion. For Rusty Belichick is a religion. Enjoy. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

I always say never get into an argument with a religious person about their religion. For Rusty Belichick is a religion. Enjoy. 

I think you'll find a heck of a lot more truth in religion than you will in Rusty's posts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

The draft is utterly important in any cap situation.  Having players at minimal salaries perform like 8 year vets is a big part of domination.  Constant drafting failures lead to plugging holes with overpriced free agents and to re-signing current players at bloated prices.

BINGO!! Great post!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

Umm, not one franchise has turned in a better yield in the draft in the last 3 drafts (2010-2012) than NE. Go look at the names yourselves.

Who did the drafting between 2000-2009?

Number of Superbowls won between 2010 and 2012:  Zilch.

The drakest kept secret of why we have no SBs from SB 42 or SB 46 is one guy. ONE guy. Tom Brady.

Your right it is the darkest secret!  It's so dark that your the only one who knows it.

Laughing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Did I say BB was "helpless" to stop him? No. I didn't. 

Then I guess you can get off your endless diatribe about Brady and put the blame where it belongs. If too much shotgun spread is the problem and BB refuses to correct the problem, then that's on BB, right dumbkoff?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"All the Patriots had to do was make one last stop in each of the last 2 Super Bowl games.  "

TFB do not say that to Rusty. That fact is outside his comfort zone. He only likes certain facts, not other facts. He will troll on you hard for saying that.

Believe me, I have told Rusty that several times, he continues to not recognize this or admit that there is a problem with the defense.  It's like talking to a pile of rocks.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'll simply say that all hindsight is 20-20.  One of the benefits of being a fan is you get to look back and pat yourself on the back over the picks that have 'succeeded' and condemn the attle-brained thinking that led to the drafting of players who didn't perform as hoped. 

It really is interesting to read threads like this, often amusing, rarely insightful.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

I'll simply say that all hindsight is 20-20.  One of the benefits of being a fan is you get to look back and pat yourself on the back over the picks that have 'succeeded' and condemn the attle-brained thinking that led to the drafting of players who didn't perform as hoped. 

It really is interesting to read threads like this, often amusing, rarely insightful.

The buck stops at BB with drafting and other personnel decisions. It matters not one whit if anybody here knew better than him at the time or not. As a matter of fact, I cannot recall a single person here claiming they are a better GM than BB, ever.

21. This post has been removed.