Mayo and absolute FORCE.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Mayo and absolute FORCE.

That is all. Took the game over tonight. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: Mayo and absolute FORCE.

Absolutely.  Guy doesn't get near enough credit, and anybody who says he isn't a huge part of our defense simply doesn't know what they're talking about.  Great Game!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Unfortunatley mayo just isn't very good.

Neither is McCourty, or those problem guys Dennard and Talib.

VW is slowing down too, and hightower looked lost as usual.

Tom Brady showed he doesn't need a running game ever and if McD is smart he will employ a heavy dose of the shotgun spread in the playoffs and keep that bum running game off the field.

But he isn't smart and he suks as an offensive co.

Our O-line is also garbage and we have no talent on offense.

We desperately need a deep threat but our bum GM Bill Belichick has failed at the team building concept and inherited all of his Super Bowl rosters.

Oh yeah and those red white and blue uniforms that represent the United States of America are ugly and should be burned.

In short....this team suks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Agree ZB. Been waiting for the LB blitz pacakges for awhile. Can't wait to see what Hightower can do.....must of been about twenty passes defensed. Just a sound victory. D played great O played great......very close to peak time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Are you serious Z? Get out of here and learn the game!!!! Haven't you heard? MAYO SUX!  He can't blitz, can't cover, can't tackle,  and his 'leadership' is negated from the fact that our D SUX!  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Tom Brady showed he doesn't need a running game ever and if McD is smart he will employ a heavy dose of the shotgun spread in the playoffs and keep that bum running game off the field.

We desperately need a deep threat but our bum GM Bill Belichick has failed at the team building concept and inherited all of his Super Bowl rosters.

Oh yeah and those red white and blue uniforms that represent the United States of America are ugly and should be burned.

McCourty wasn't a very good corner. HE has been a pretty durned good Safety, even in the short stint last season. 

And in case you missed it ... McD and Brady killed it tonight putting on a pass clinic, against the #2 defense, in what amounts to an in season playoff game. 

So I'll add....

"You can't win without running your lead back and balance." to the "Myths" propogated on the board?

33 passes, just 10 runs by Ridley through 3 and a half quarters. 

That is just 10 runs by the lead back. 

35 points. 

#2 defense. 

What happened?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Defense defenders enjoy your night - well deserved - and they don't come around very often. Hopefully this is the way it's going to be, if it is this team will win the Super Bowl this year when we get Gronk back. Avoid injuries the rest of the way (not that there is anything you can do), get a little bit of luck...get the bye...home field and rip it. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

But in all seriousness, I love watching Mayo play.  He does all the little things right.  The armchair GMs don't see gaudy stats like double digit blitzes, interceptions, etc. but in reality, BB uses him in a variety of different ways.  He's always making plays across the field and when he actually IS used to blitz, he's extremely disruptive.  I love his versatility and leadership.  He's a classic Patriot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Defense defenders enjoy your night - well deserved - and they don't come around very often. Hopefully this is the way it's going to be, if it is this team will win the Super Bowl this year when we get Gronk back. Avoid injuries the rest of the way (not that there is anything you can do), get a little bit of luck...get the bye...home field and rip it. 

Not a defender ... not really a detractor. 

The defense has been what it has been. 

But Mayo is a very durned good player. 

The fact that DMC couldn't play corner, and the defensive backfield was a mess for so long had little to do with him. This team has been an abysmal PASS defense. Mayo plays little part in that. 

Dennard + Talib + DMC at safety = something that is starting to look like an NFL caliber pass defense. 

Mayo took the game over tonight. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

As I have said, Mayo is the least of our problems on D. And with the dramatic changes BB has made this year to the D, problems are getting harder and harder to find.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Why is it just the D defenders who can enjoy 'their' night?  Why can't everybody that is involved within this fanbase just be satisfied and realize how good we have it?  I don't understand why it's either you pick Brady and the O or you pick the D. It's not an ultimatum; MOST fans enjoy, support and root for both sides of the ball no matter the performance.

My God. It's sickening to see the divide of our fanbase here on BDC.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Why is it just the D defenders who can enjoy 'their' night?  Why can't everybody that is involved within this fanbase just be satisfied and realize how good we have it?  I don't understand why it's either you pick Brady and the O or you pick the D. It's not an ultimatum; MOST fans enjoy, support and root for both sides of the ball no matter the performance.

i agree its pathetic.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Not a defender ... not really a detractor. 

The defense has been what it has been. 

But Mayo is a very durned good player. 

The fact that DMC couldn't play corner, and the defensive backfield was a mess for so long had little to do with him. This team has been an abysmal PASS defense. Mayo plays little part in that. 

Dennard + Talib + DMC at safety = something that is starting to look like an NFL caliber pass defense. 

Mayo took the game over tonight. 

He has played real well the last three weeks. I thought he had a real solid game - I don't think I'd consider it as good as you're considering it, but for the most part I tend to agree with most things you say.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Exactly what I was hoping would happen. BB has been a man on a mission with this D since last year's SB collapse.

Spent nearly his whole draft on it, and when that didn't work, he pulled the trigger on a bad boy with talent.

I think he is realizing not only Brady, but he as well may not have that many years left to taste the glory again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

It is disturbing. But when people say absurd things constantly, others are going to call them on it. C'est la vie.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

McCourty wasn't a very good corner. HE has been a pretty durned good Safety, even in the short stint last season. 

And in case you missed it ... McD and Brady killed it tonight putting on a pass clinic, against the #2 defense, in what amounts to an in season playoff game. 

So I'll add....

"You can't win without running your lead back and balance." to the "Myths" propogated on the board?

35 points. 

#2 defense. 

What happened?

Why are you choosing to leave out the fact that Houston has only let up 1 100 yard rushing game and 1 game with a rushing td all year. Why would we run at them? You trying to say that our pass heavy game plan against a weak pass defense means we don't need balance is a puzzling statement.

Oh and DMC was a good corner who had zero safety help in his career here. But being a former coach you probably wouldn't realize the impact solid safety play has on a CB's ability to cover. DMC is our best player in the secondary, he is right place right time, has amazing range and is one of the best tackling D-backs in the NFL....sounds like moving him to safety makes sense and shouldn't be viewed as an indictment of his ability to play CB.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

So I'll add....

35 points. 

#2 defense. 

What happened?

Why are you choosing to leave out the fact that Houston has only let up 1 100 yard rushing game and 1 game with a rushing td all year. Why would we run at them? You trying to say that our pass heavy game plan against a weak pass defense means we don't need balance is a puzzling statement.

Oh and DMC was a good corner who had zero safety help in his career here. But being a former coach you probably wouldn't realize the impact solid safety play has on a CB's ability to cover. DMC is our best player in the secondary, he is right place right time, has amazing range and is one of the best tackling D-backs in the NFL....sounds like moving him to safety makes sense and shouldn't be viewed as an indictment of his ability to play CB.

Dmc is much better at safety, nice to have dennard, dmc and talib on the field at the same time

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

So I'll add....

35 points. 

#2 defense. 

What happened?

I think McCourty is just better suited to S. Watching him at CB, his biggest problem was looking back for the ball. As a safety his angles are much different and that part of his technique is less crucial. Coming out of college he was touted as a good safety prospect as well. The overall poor play of Chung, the emergence of Dennard and the snagging of Talib allowed BB to create something much better than we saw last season in the secondary. His all in on D for the draft gave us two studs for the front 7 and a couple others that contribute. So far this D looks VERY different than last year's model, at this point.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Tom Brady in response to his 2nd question of the post game regarding how effective the play ation was...

{It was great. When your running the ball you can use that play action. We scored on the play to Brandon, and had a few other really critical plays trying to fake the run, and you can get some great seperation of the defense when it happens.}

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I thought Hightower out played him.  But unlike Rusty who hates Brady I want Mayo to live up to that top 10 pick and I will root for him and the Defense.  I do think your creaming a bit hard though.  Vince was an unstoppable force that lead this awesome defense tonight.....period.    Anyone else notice how Spikes disappeared tonight?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

So I'll add....

35 points. 

#2 defense. 

What happened?

I think McCourty is just better suited to S. Watching him at CB, his biggest problem was looking back for the ball. As a safety his angles are much different and that part of his technique is less crucial. Coming out of college he was touted as a good safety prospect as well. The overall poor play of Chung, the emergence of Dennard and the snagging of Talib allowed BB to create something much better than we saw last season in the secondary. His all in on D for the draft gave us two studs for the front 7 and a couple others that contribute. So far this D looks VERY different than last year's model, at this point.

+1

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

So I'll add....

35 points. 

#2 defense. 

What happened?

One ... false. DMC has lots of help, more than Talib has had. One of the MAJOR structural changes (if you had been actually watching football these past few seasons or tonght) was the amount of single deep/cover one they are playing. Talib + Dennard has allowed them to play a safety closer to the line, which has allowed them to blitz more often. Football blitzing is a zero sum game ... you need to replace the blitzer with another pass defender ... and usually he comes from the back end forcing cover one. 

YES, that has been MY POINT TO YOU. You don't run for the sake of running. Running isn't a cure all, and UNLIKE YOU SAID BEFORE THE GAME ... NE didn't have to run aganst this #2 ranked defense. They had the matchups elsewhere. Balance for balance's sake is silly. 

You are the one that says NE can't win without balance ... this is about the 30th game they have decimated an opponent without "balance" in the last few years alone. 

What is hard about admitting that there is no magic game plan dude? It's easy ... just type it in.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Tom Brady in response to his 2nd question of the post game regarding how effective the play ation was...

{It was great. When your running the ball you can use that play action. We scored on the play to Brandon, and had a few other really critical plays trying to fake the run, and you can get some great seperation of the defense when it happens.}

Do you expect Tom to say it sucked?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

McCourty will be a pro bowl safety. Should've resigned him when he was sucking at cb, he and spikes are gonna come at a hefty price (bye welker)

As for Mayo, I had my doubts on him as a special player. Always just considered him just a solid player, not great, but solid. He's been a different man since Talib came in. He's an underrated blitzer. Talib has completely changed the dynamic of this team

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Do you expect Tom to say it sucked?

Did it suck?

Sections
Shortcuts