Mayo and absolute FORCE.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Re: Mayo and absolute FORCE.

I always shake my head in disbelief when I hear him get slammed around here for not doing more.  He "does more" when asked and put in position to.  When he's not "doing more", all he does is make tackles and is rock steady reliable.  He racks up tackles like few others do in the NFL.  How can anyone be mad at that? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

The guys who are arguing with me about the statements I made below are the very same guys who actually made these statements. Hold yourselves accountable and take a long look.

Balance has been instrumental in leading us to 1 of the best offense's in NFL history(might be the best ever by years end), the O-line in fact does not suk, we do in fact have talent because we do in fact have a great GM, DMC does not suk, Mayo does not suk, our defense does not suk....oh and we do not need a deep threat.

We just needed to no longer be a finesse pass heavy offense and we are not. We need to keep defense's guessing and we are. There is no magic ratio for winning, but Zbo trying to say the game plan has nothing to do with executiion is wrong and is a result of him being backed into a corner.

The chances of executing are increased significantly by having an offense that can beat you in different ways. A one dimensional offense has a lesser chance of succeeding and especially in the post season. If you deny this then you might as well sell off all your belongings, strap on a piece of cardboard that says "the end is near" and wait for December 21st to hit because there is absolutely no hope for you.

Unfortunatley mayo just isn't very good.

Neither is McCourty, or those problem guys Dennard and Talib.

VW is slowing down too, and hightower looked lost as usual.

Tom Brady showed he doesn't need a running game ever and if McD is smart he will employ a heavy dose of the shotgun spread in the playoffs and keep that bum running game off the field.

But he isn't smart and he suks as an offensive co.

Our O-line is also garbage and we have no talent on offense.

We desperately need a deep threat but our bum GM Bill Belichick has failed at the team building concept and inherited all of his Super Bowl rosters.

Oh yeah and those red white and blue uniforms that represent the United States of America are ugly and should be burned.

In short....this team suks.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tom Brady showed he doesn't need a running game ever and if McD is smart he will employ a heavy dose of the shotgun spread in the playoffs and keep that bum running game off the field.

We desperately need a deep threat but our bum GM Bill Belichick has failed at the team building concept and inherited all of his Super Bowl rosters.

Oh yeah and those red white and blue uniforms that represent the United States of America are ugly and should be burned.

[/QUOTE]

McCourty wasn't a very good corner. HE has been a pretty durned good Safety, even in the short stint last season. 

And in case you missed it ... McD and Brady killed it tonight putting on a pass clinic, against the #2 defense, in what amounts to an in season playoff game. 

So I'll add....

"You can't win without running your lead back and balance." to the "Myths" propogated on the board?

33 passes, just 10 runs by Ridley through 3 and a half quarters. 

That is just 10 runs by the lead back. 

35 points. 

#2 defense. 

What happened?

[/QUOTE]

houston played man to man in the secondary happened.

brady did his magic

if you dont use the run, the pass can be stopped. 

07 proved that if anyone was watching. 

same as eaerlier losses this year.

[/QUOTE]

Except tonight ... and numerous other games .... where they don't run ... and they pass well. 

Sorry man. No magic formula. 

If football were as simple as "run it 50% of the time and you win," everyone would run it 50% of the time ... and every game would end in a tie?

The Jets play man aggressive ... the Jets come at teams with exotic blitz packages. In fact, it's almost identical run/pass ratios through 3.5 quarters, almost identical game plans by the defense. Totally different results. 

The difference, for "anyone watching" was that Brady was sharp tonight, he was just decent in that Jets game, the defense was amazing tonight, they were abysmal in that Jets game. 

The difference, as it is the vast majority of the time in football, is execition. 

[/QUOTE]

i'll give you execution is important, however im sorry z,

i can watch football like  a chess match, and i do. and i can see when a game plan, a sequence, or tendencies cause a less than optimum result. and i acknowledge that i value having the threat of a run and a pass on virtually every play and you do not. i can live with that. its a big world, filled with lots of different opinons.

peace man, and congrats to the pats and teh fans or at least the fans who support one another.

[/QUOTE]

SO instead of explaining the difference in ther "chess match" like I asked you move on?

Ok.

But that's not what I call seeing football like a chess match.

Sorry B. 

The spread was amazing tonight, as it has been on other nights. And sometimes it's not, because nothing is amazing every single night ... including games where they are balanced  ... like that Jets playoff loss, where balance produced very few points.

Nothing works 100% of the time in football ... that is the chess match. No magic game plan that beats every team .... asserting otherwise is ... well ... naive. 

People on this internet forum talk about football in absolutes and it, in the end, has nothing to do with what football actually is on the field, how it is played, how it works strategically, and how it works tactically. 

[/QUOTE]

z,  you give little credit that someone with a different opinon knows much about football. "nothing works 100% of the time", "magic gameplan" (as if differing game plans, differing play calls/sequences, etc have no effect), and the insulting,  "naive".

you know, apparently you may not be able to peacable agree to disagree today, or that it might be possible that someone sees something that you dont. i will not carry a torch for a fight. i can accept that you and i disagree on this matter. enjoy your day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

That is all. Took the game over tonight. 

[/QUOTE]

I thought he had  a great game blitzing and im not sure why its taken THIS long for them to unleash him. To this point, I thought it was because he was just mediocre at it, but I do believe he turned a corner and got coached up by someone on the staff, fiilm study or something.., Maybe it was something they discussed during the bye week but the few times he has blitzed before this year, he never showed that, when he waits for the back to commit to pass protect in a delayed sort of blitz and then accelerates like a porshe to the Qb!

Most times before, we would come off the edge and be mostly inneffective but in a matter of a few weeks, this guy is a very good blitzer and I want to see more of it, just timely and dont abuse or teams will catch on. He had one  bad play early where he let the RB get to the sideline when he hesistated on the swing route, but more than made up for it and for those "I told you so" guys from last week, remember he NEVER did this before and I was just waiting for more plays, so blame the coaching staff for not realizing sooner but he hasnt done this in 4 years!?!?!?  WHYYYYY?????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I thought he had  a great game blitzing and im not sure why its taken THIS long for them to unleash him. To this point, I thought it was because he was just mediocre at it, but I do believe he turned a corner and got coached up by someone on the staff, fiilm study or something.., Maybe it was something they discussed during the bye week but the few times he has blitzed before this year, he never showed that, when he waits for the back to commit to pass protect in a delayed sort of blitz and then accelerates like a porshe to the Qb!

Most times before, we would come off the edge and be mostly inneffective but in a matter of a few weeks, this guy is a very good blitzer and I want to see more of it, just timely and dont abuse or teams will catch on. He had one  bad play early where he let the RB get to the sideline when he hesistated on the swing route, but more than made up for it and for those "I told you so" guys from last week, remember he NEVER did this before and I was just waiting for more plays, so blame the coaching staff for not realizing sooner but he hasnt done this in 4 years!?!?!?  WHYYYYY?????

[/QUOTE]

Maybe because of the stability and talent in the backfield?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

What's interesting is that a lot of peeps were questioning whether Mayo was an all-pro type LB who could make plays.  I think BB's "system" typically places constraints on personal stats for the good of team play.  Isn't that what folks like Seymour have said in the past?

Mayo was finally unleashed. What I saw was good!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What's interesting is that a lot of peeps were questioning whether Mayo was an all-pro type LB who could make plays.  I think BB's "system" typically places constraints on personal stats for the good of team play.  Isn't that what folks like Seymour have said in the past?

[/QUOTE]

bubba, og, of course i agree and have wantged bb to go more agressive for quite a while even if we dont have good corners (talib/dennard)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So, you're saying BB was in "hold the Mayo" mode heretofore?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Dennard + Talib + DMC at safety = something that is starting to look like an NFL caliber pass defense. 

[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was hoping would happen. BB has been a man on a mission with this D since last year's SB collapse.

Spent nearly his whole draft on it, and when that didn't work, he pulled the trigger on a bad boy with talent.

and switched dennard to starting cb on other side and to a more man defense and pressuring the qb (all of which i have written about sinice after last pre-season)

I think he is realizing not only Brady, but he as well may not have that many years left to taste the glory again.

agreed it seems so, hes changing many patterns finally that werent working. the making moves to  do everything possible to capitalize on bradys last years. ive been hoping for this appraoch for a couple years, writing this since being on the board; so happy this year that bb is going all in for bradys last years ....finally. its awesome. steal one this year and one of next 2. after that, we'll see.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So, you're saying BB was in "hold the Mayo" mode heretofore?

[/QUOTE]

yup

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to gogogopats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe because of the stability and talent in the backfield?

[/QUOTE]

yes i thnk that gave him the confidence to do so, however i would have doen so with even the weaker talent, as we were gettgin burned at will playing passive. sure we would have gotten beat some with teh weak cbs, but we also would preent the easy passes at "lunchtime" for the qb (back there taking a lunch break).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

McCourty wasn't a very good corner. HE has been a pretty durned good Safety, even in the short stint last season. 

And in case you missed it ... McD and Brady killed it tonight putting on a pass clinic, against the #2 defense, in what amounts to an in season playoff game. 

So I'll add....

"You can't win without running your lead back and balance." to the "Myths" propogated on the board?

33 passes, just 10 runs by Ridley through 3 and a half quarters. 

That is just 10 runs by the lead back. 

35 points. 

#2 defense. 

What happened?

[/QUOTE]

houston played man to man in the secondary happened.

brady did his magic

if you dont use the run, the pass can be stopped. 

07 proved that if anyone was watching. 

same as eaerlier losses this year.

[/QUOTE]

Except tonight ... and numerous other games .... where they don't run ... and they pass well. 

Sorry man. No magic formula. 

If football were as simple as "run it 50% of the time and you win," everyone would run it 50% of the time ... and every game would end in a tie?

The Jets play man aggressive ... the Jets come at teams with exotic blitz packages. In fact, it's almost identical run/pass ratios through 3.5 quarters, almost identical game plans by the defense. Totally different results. 

The difference, for "anyone watching" was that Brady was sharp tonight, he was just decent in that Jets game, the defense was amazing tonight, they were abysmal in that Jets game. 

The difference, as it is the vast majority of the time in football, is execition. 

[/QUOTE]

Umm, it's EASIER to execute when you have balance on offense.  We've seen us lose SBs thinking matchups equate to good execution in the shotgun spread, but that ideology is a failure.

It's not JUST execution, it;s how you approach the game with your offense. We just a perfect example last night.  You RUN at good defenses to keep them honest, so your strength (passing) can take over for 4 qtrs.

Case closed. Been begging for that all year. All year!  We saw it in Week 1 and we didn't see it at all last week.

It's night and day!

[/QUOTE]

This is the key that some people on this board fail to understand. The Patriots made a statement when they opened the game with 3 straight run plays. The commitment to the run is also why that play action pass (that Brady is so good at) worked so well.

[/QUOTE]

unlike some who focus on "balance" my cous is on the threat of a dangerous run game. you cannot demonstaartate that with 3 runs, then ignore the run as josh did much of the game. ie only incidentally going to the run, a 2 yard run every 5 or 6 downs to be MOST AFFECTIVE agaisnt the best pass rushing teams. im tlaking about the de being afraid to be gashed for a run if they focus on stopping the pass and vice versa. cant pin their ears back and just go for the qb. it was a good game plan. good design and execution on pass plays. too many hits for my liking, often every play, on brady. for that and to play agaisnt nyg, sf, etc id like to see more unpredictability between pass and run for the defense, to have us at optimal offense through the sb and obviously to keep brady upright and healthy throughout. i'll take a win any way we get it. i jsu tdotn want to reapeat the feeling of last year and 07. running with effectiveness adn passing with effectiveness (and even when not, some committment to the run; as opposed to necessary 'balance'. the #s of pass vs run are less critical.) i feel will make that most likely. 

Sections
Shortcuts