Mayo Bashers Exposed

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: Mayo Bashers Exposed

Great post.... huge mayo believer here...  aside from these mental elements and play calling, I just love the way he tackles.   he's just a great defensive player who fly's a little under the radar.  Spikes' more flashy style is a great compliment to him , as are the other " chess pieces" referred to in the artical...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

Boy Rusty, you truly are in love with yourself. Pathetic 

ESPN analyst Tedy Bruschi, who used to play Mayo's position in the Patriots' scheme, has noticed a breakthrough in Mayo's play of late 

Yeah, he's been awesome the last couple games.

Now in his fifth season, Mayo has broken through to the point that new opportunities are opening for him.

I guess after FIVE years he finally gets it & BB feels comfortable enough to send him on an occasional blitz

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to hang3xc's comment:

ESPN analyst Tedy Bruschi, who used to play Mayo's position in the Patriots' scheme, has noticed a breakthrough in Mayo's play of late 

Now in his fifth season, Mayo has broken through to the point that new opportunities are opening for him.

I guess after FIVE years he finally gets it & BB feels comfortable enough to send him on an occasional blitz

Well, you are witnessing him rise from being a very good pro-bowl ILB to being elite.

Sometimes that does take five years. It wasn't like the dude was benchwarming his first three seasons. Why is his play a problem .... this is as silly as people who bash Brady. Without the few superstars this team has they'd be sunk ... Mayo is one of them. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Best LB Belichcik has ever had in New England, including Tedy Bruschi. 

I love Tedy, but Mayo plays better in a weaker defense than Tedy ever played in. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Well, you are witnessing him rise from being a very good pro-bowl ILB to being elite.

Sometimes that does take five years. It wasn't like the dude was benchwarming his first three seasons. Why is his play a problem .... this is as silly as people who bash Brady. Without the few superstars this team has they'd be sunk ... Mayo is one of them. 

+1

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

Beat me to it...this is a good read...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Wilfork and everybody else are wrong. The only reason mayo is playing well is because we signed Talib. It's obvious.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Give Mayo his due.  He is a team leader and a very good LB.  I don't understand the bashing!  Everything is better with Mayo!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Nice crock. Just because Teddy played linebacker doesn't make him privy to BB's defensive plans. Mayo has been more visible because they've started letting him blitz. If anything he's been unleashed because the coaching staff has more confidence in the secondary.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Give Mayo his due.  He is a team leader and a very good LB.  I don't understand the bashing!  Everything is better with Mayo!!

Mayo gets bashed because he doesn't make 'impact plays' that score points in fantasy football.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Wilfork and everybody else are wrong. The only reason mayo is playing well is because we signed Talib. It's obvious.

It certainly helps. 

Mayo was great before, and is stepping his game up. 

But the re-shuffle of the defensive backfield has been a true watershed. 

I mean, it IS really obvious. Mayo has more help underneath. He is free to blitz, and make plays on the ball. All because NE can run more cover-1 type arrangments. 

Football (and most sports) are really about talent that way. 

The Mayo v Bruschi argument, for this very reason, is crazy. 

Mayo never had the players around him like Bruschi had. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

So, Bruschi wasn't as talented as Mayo?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

This just in...tedy Bruschi still holds the NCAA division 1 all time career sack record.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tedy_Bruschi

Anyway, I'm not sure what your point was/is? Some here say Mayo wasn't getting to the passer before the talib trade, but we also know as a fact that BB sends extra pass rushers a LG low through the 1st half of the season. He increases the pass rush as his defense gels. 

This probably has a lot to do with why our defense has been near the bottom of the LG in opposing QB passer rating for the 1st half of the year, and 2nd in the LG over the 2nd half of the year for the past 3 years. Talib is a good player who helps our defense, but our defense was going to get pressure and play better with or without him...just like it has every year.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/8735498/new-england-patriots-defense-comes-age-counts

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I think the complaints about Mayo were evidence of a frustration with the D in general and that his early season seemed not quite up to his usual standard.

As I stated, any shortfall on his part compared to the norm was the least of our problems on defense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Rusty you are truly a clown.  Did you actually read the article?  Bruschi, like me and a few others on this board have also noticed "IMPROVEMENT" in Mayo's game "RECENTLY" and posted about it.  Those of us on this board who have noticed this improvement see it correlates to the arrive of Talib.

Unlike your hatred for Brady I do not dislike Mayo in anyway, I have never said anything bad about him or called for his replacement or benching......ever.  In fact unlike you and your twisted hatred for Brady I want Mayo to be successful.

I'm not sure what the whole "Exposed" thing means Rusty or why you and your accounts are so hateful and spiteful?  Maybe it's an age or income level thing, I don't really get it but try to understand that this is an Internet Forum for Patriots fans.  Yes there are trolls out there but pretty much the rest of us are fans discussing Patriot football and interjecting our opinions.  Right or Wrong nobody wins or loses Rusty, especially since most of the time player evaluations are subjective anyway.

Good Day.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Oh....and by the way, Reiss is an azz kissing 98 lb. Tool Bag.  You might as well quote Rosie O'Donnell for all I care.   The guy has never been critical of any palyer or anyone in the organization.  He's never even voiced a strong opinion on anything....ever.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts