Mayo getting no credit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Mayo getting no credit

While everyone is saying that we need a leader on defense, I believe we have one in Jarod Mayo

TACKFF 

100 solo tackles

BB obv believes this is true too he is already giving him the role by letting him call the plays . He is a great locker room guy. Besides the point the guy is a freak and young at that. We will be seeing a lot of Jarod Mayo over the years.

IN BB WE TRUST

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

Re: Mayo getting no credit

In Response to Mayo getting no credit:
    While everyone is saying that we need a leader on defense, I believe we have one in Jarod Mayo TACK FF   128 1  100 solo tackles BB obv believes this is true too he is already giving him the role by letting him call the plays . He is a great locker room guy. Besides the point the guy is a freak and young at that. We will be seeing a lot of Jarod Mayo over the years. IN BB WE TRUST
    Posted by xxcodyfxx

This sounds like the b.s. coming out of JEST Land after Vilma's rookie year. The guy is a nice sideline-to-sideline LB right now. Let's see what develops.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

I think a leader is a player who has played for awhile, played in big games and can show his teammates how to handle the pressure. Stats are nice but this is his second year, he has no playoff experience yet. With Tedy you had that and with Rodney you had that. I believe Mayo will become a true leader in the future but for now let's just let him get some experience under his belt.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Being a leader is not just experience. Sure, that helps. But being the leader of the defense means knowing the defense inside and out. Being able to read what the QB is doing at the line and letting your teammmates know. This is what I think Mayo brings to the table. He will get his experience in time. But it's his football smarts and mastery of the scheme which will make him a leader. Likewise I've heard Chung was that guy back in school. I believe he's projected to be the leader in the secondary. Of course, he needs to get up to NFL speed. But make no mistake, BB picked these guys for more than just their physical ability to make plays. This defense is now in transition, but I believe the leaders are already in place. They will grow with experience.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Mayo getting no credit:
    While everyone is saying that we need a leader on defense, I believe we have one in Jarod Mayo TACK FF   128 1  100 solo tackles BB obv believes this is true too he is already giving him the role by letting him call the plays . He is a great locker room guy. Besides the point the guy is a freak and young at that. We will be seeing a lot of Jarod Mayo over the years. IN BB WE TRUST
    Posted by xxcodyfxx

Mayo is getting his due, but the question is will he progress? He's learned the defensive schemes - now - can he make plays - and can he make plays that make a difference in a game (stolen from Bruschi's departing conference call).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Medic87. Show Medic87's posts

I live inTN and watched Mayo a lot playing for Tennessee.  Trust me, he will progress into 1 of the elite defensive players in the league,  this guy made so much improvement in just game to game not year to year. He is going to be a stud for us this year and hopefully for many more.  I was stoked when we drafted him.   look for him to exceed all expectations of him, including his ability to lead, very smart player, intelligent.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Re: Mayo getting no credit:
    I live inTN and watched Mayo a lot playing for Tennessee.  Trust me, he will progress into 1 of the elite defensive players in the league,  this guy made so much improvement in just game to game not year to year. He is going to be a stud for us this year and hopefully for many more.  I was stoked when we drafted him.   look for him to exceed all expectations of him, including his ability to lead, very smart player, intelligent.
    Posted by Medic87

Best picture on the blog.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SouthSt. Show SouthSt's posts

Here's his opportunity to take over . . . let's hope he does, we need it !!

In terms of experience, he's got a lot more than Tom did when took over the offense . . . having a young lead the way sounds great

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Give me a f*cking break, he gets no credit? really cause all I have seen for days is people swinging from this kids nut sack. I like him but he had one good year and in that year he had veteran LBs all around him. Now he has no Bruschi or Vrabel to teach him or to help him know what is going on. So I hope he is teh player we all think he is but I am not sold on him till he has another solid season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quahogger. Show Quahogger's posts

New leaders will emerge in the vaccum of Harrison, Bruschi and Seymour's departures.  Bellichick mentioned a few names but did not "annoint" them. Or did he?  He certainly laid down an expectation for the vets and the pups.

"Belichick cited young players such as linebackers Jerod Mayo and Gary Guyton, as well as safety Brandon Meriweather as potential leaders, along with more experienced players such as Adalius Thomas, Vince Wilfork, and Ty Warren."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

I'm not sure about no credit.  In fact, most of the offseason defensive makeover seems to be about building around Mayo.  Switching to heavy 4-3 front featuring huge DTs would seem to be done to mirror the old Ravens 4-3 when they won the superbowl.  Ray Lewis dominated the league with Siragusa and Adams controlling the front.  Pats coaches must think Mayo has similar potential, Wilfork and Brace would be 700 lbs of beef holding the center so Mayo can make plays.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Exactly, if anything Mayo is getting too much credit.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

In Response to Re: Mayo getting no credit:
    Give me a f*cking break, he gets no credit? really cause all I have seen for days is people swinging from this kids nut sack. I like him but he had one good year and in that year he had veteran LBs all around him. Now he has no Bruschi or Vrabel to teach him or to help him know what is going on. So I hope he is teh player we all think he is but I am not sold on him till he has another solid season.
    Posted by MVPkilla

Lol exactly he has gotton the coaching from Brushci and Vrabel already in the first year the guy the doest leaave the stadium he is always watching films and what not. Do u seriously BB would give up Vrabel if he didnt think Jerod was the man or ready cmon u just sound foolsih.

Sections
Shortcuts