Mayo is just not that good.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Mayo is just not that good.

In response to ricky12684's comment:
    [QUOTE]

answer me this... the patriots had the #10 pick.. did they make the right choice? name me one defensive player drafted in 2008 who would have met your expectations for a #10 pick... please someone... 

[/QUOTE]

Leotis McKelvin would have been decent at that spot.

And hey...we ended up with the # 20 pick in that draft!

Anyway, you are insinuating, as some, that there is unhappiness with Mayo. Certainly not.

I think he needs to step it up to be considered one of the great ones. Yes he's good but nothing wrong in hoping he plays a bit bigger.

Tackles, for me, can be like many stats, meaningless.

I think he's weak in coverage.

He has great instincts.

He gets knocked on his azz too many times at the line of scrimmage, he needs to gain some power.

Overall, fairly solid, but not great, yet anyway.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

answer me this... the patriots had the #10 pick.. did they make the right choice? name me one defensive player drafted in 2008 who would have met your expectations for a #10 pick... please someone... 

[/QUOTE]

leodis mckelvin would have met your expectations for a #10 pick but mayo doesn't?? wow.... there is a big difference between hoping a pro bowl player does even better and thinking he just isn't that good...

Ahhhh...yes Ricky my boy...there ya go with the hyperbole and reading things that ain't there.

You asked if another defensive player at # 10 would have been a good choice. I simply stated Leodis Mckelvin would have been OK at that spot.

Ummmm,,,back when I learned to read in the sixties I am pretty sure my post doesn't say that Leodis would have met my expectations but was simply presented to you as someone who may have been interesting at that spot as you were implying that there were no other defensive players available worthy of consideration.

See how simple that was?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Anyway, you are insinuating, as some, that there is unhappiness with Mayo. Certainly not.

I think he needs to step it up to be considered one of the great ones. Yes he's good but nothing wrong in hoping he plays a bit bigger.

He has great instincts.

He gets knocked on his azz too many times at the line of scrimmage, he needs to gain some power.

[/QUOTE]

Why do all the, "Mayo is not that good" folks fail to see that Mayo is the Vince Wilfork of the LB corp? And as such, his responsibilities keep him from making "impact" plays. Next they'll be saying big Vince is not that good cause he doesn't have enough sacks!

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He has great instincts.

[/QUOTE]

Why do all the, "Mayo is not that good" folks fail to see that Mayo is the Vince Wilfork of the LB corp? And as such, his responsibilities keep him from making "impact" plays. Next they'll be saying big Vince is not that good cause he doesn't have enough sacks!

[/QUOTE]

Wow, this has got to stop....really. Time for me to watch some football.

Vince Wilfork controls the line of scrimmage 2 or 3 men at a time.

The best nose Tackle we have ever had.

The best nose Tackle in football.

A position that is hard to find.

Vince is so much better than Mayo it's actually silly to even say that, It's a given fact you knuckle head (sorry, had to say it)

Vince is second on this team only to Tom Brady.

Learn that please and then come back for some really serious football discussions.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

May be pushing 60 but I'm talking about good versus great.

Mayo...good, not great IMHO

Vince...great...1st rd ballot HOF

Ted B....great...1st rd ballot HOF

For Mayo to elevate himself (to me) he needs to

Improve his pass covering ability

Get stronger at the point of attack

Revisionist history is useless

No one knows how draft picks will pan out

Mayo was fine at # 10

Leotis McKelvin would have been fine at #10 (in 2008 time not 2012 time)

I'm happy with Mayo but will not consider him great at this point.

Just my 2 cents........

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

"I sort of know the answer and it's just sick, to be honest. Look no further than #12 last February as to why these players on defense don't have SB rings in their homes"

"Jerod Mayo didn't make Brady do what he did in SB 46."

Here's the Rusty money shot......Mayo great, Brady shlub.

This is why Rusty and his deciples will never have any respect on the board.  They turn a simple thread about Mayo not being that good, as many more posters seem to agree then Rusty's accounts that don't, into a full out Brady bash.

Tom Brady is the Greatest QB, and probably football player in general, to ever play the game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I love Tedy B. but he won't be a NFL hall of famer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]

thread is moot, mayo is the best defensive player drafted in 2008 great pick by BB.. bye bye trolls... move along patriots haters

[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't you be out bashing Catholic's somewhere as they leave Church like you did in the ND thread.

You make a great Rusty deciple.  You are exposed and moot.

Re: ND vs USC

posted at 11/25/2012 12:00:56 EST

• ricky12684
    • First: 08/02/2005
    • Last: 11/25/2012

sandusky should have been head coach of ND he would have fit in well with the catholics...

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

thread is moot, mayo is the best defensive player drafted in 2008 great pick by BB.. bye bye trolls... move along patriots haters

[/QUOTE]

Wow...what a child...you will struggle in life my friend with that level of maturity, that is if you are even old enough to be out in the work force.

Is that Accutane messin' with your head? That stuff is dangerous.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

"I sort of know the answer and it's just sick, to be honest. Look no further than #12 last February as to why these players on defense don't have SB rings in their homes"

"Jerod Mayo didn't make Brady do what he did in SB 46."

Here's the Rusty money shot......Mayo great, Brady shlub.

This is why Rusty and his deciples will never have any respect on the board.  They turn a simple thread about Mayo not being that good, as many more posters seem to agree then Rusty's accounts that don't, into a full out Brady bash.

Tom Brady is the Greatest QB, and probably football player in general, to ever play the game.

[/QUOTE]

No, no, no. You're a spoiled, whiny pink hat. So, because Mayo doesn't walk around Gillette with a SB ring on his finger, it forces you to start a thread like this.

Anyone saying "Mayo just isn't that good" is a moron.

He's arguably the best MLB in the AFC, so how he can be "just not that good" is beyond stupid to say.

2008 DROY, part of a rebuilt D by BB, and a key cog down the middle.   Mayo's presence and responsibilities allows Spikes to be Spikes.

You just don't get it, so you lash out as a pink hat looking to deflect any accountability away from why the reason it is that Mayo doesn't have a ring as a Patriot.

In your world, Mayo isn't cutting it because he doesn't have a ring.    You're shortsighted, know little about the game and I can see your agenda from a mile away.

So, can others.  All you Irrationals all do the same thing. You bash different players on D from week to week based on when you think the getting is good. If the player doesn't have a great game, he "stinks" or "isn't that good".

You clearly have no friends who are fans of other teams, too, TCal. I do and there are MANY players on this D they wish their team had.

[/QUOTE]

Love the Pink hat thing, seems you and glenr, I mean you love to use that term if somehow it's bothersome.  By the way I live in New York and all my friends hate the Patriots so I've been fighting the battle for 34 years.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:

I actually have said here before, that he is a HOF.  As much as I can't stand that he works for ESPN and holds their flag so high as  company guy there, his playing career here is actually HOF-worthy. Compare his stats and resume to someone like Nick Buonoconti.  He was BETTER than Buonconti. That's my argument.

I hope you're right. Who else from the Super Bowl teams besides Brady and Tedy do you think is a HOF?

25. This post has been removed.