Mayo Smokescreen????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: Mayo Smokescreen????

No smokescreen. I think BB has been historically quiet about injuries (unless season ending), but I have not seen a time (please keep me honest) where he has openly deceived as to put someone on crutches and a brace. I bit far fetched, but of course, I hope it is true!....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MudCityManglers. Show MudCityManglers's posts

WEll, I'me not a Doctor, but I have told many women that I was just so we could play Doctor!  Now in my Professional opinion, I would say to Hold the Mayo on Saturday if he cant cut the Mustard by Sunday. He cant be the Big Cheese until we play the Tuna, and by Gawd if I'me right then it's chips and dip for everyone!
    Now...with that being said it's time for Braodway Joe to fall off the wagon since Sunday he may need to play QB after the Pat's knock the Rookie out! Drink's anyone?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J109. Show J109's posts

In Response to Re: Mayo Smokescreen????:
    WEll, I'me not a Doctor, but I have told many women that I was just so we could play Doctor!  Now in my Professional opinion, I would say to Hold the Mayo on Saturday if he cant cut the Mustard by Sunday. He cant be the Big Cheese until we play the Tuna, and by Gawd if I'me right then it's chips and dip for everyone! Now...with that being said it's time for Braodway Joe to fall off the wagon since Sunday he may need to play QB after the Pat's knock the Rookie out! Drink's anyone?
    Posted by MudCityManglers

WELL SAID

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

But here is where it gets somewhat weird. Mayo is spotted in the locker room with crutches and a brace. From years of following the Patriots

Sorry Doc, but its not at all weird. Just because he was seen walking, albeit gingerly, on the side line has nothing to do with Jerod on crutches days after. The medical staff probably directed Jerod to use them so that all presurre is removed from the damaged knee and thereby helping the knee to repair.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

In Response to Mayo Smokescreen????:
    Okay, before I get a million people telling me how I'm an idiot, I do acknowledge that this is a long shot, but here goes. 1. We all saw the Mayo injury. It really didn't look bad. Certainly nowhere near as bad as Polamlu's (sp?). Then he gets up, limps for a bit, and then walks off the field without a limp. According to the Herald (which is suspect, but let's give the new guy some slack) he tells a teammate that it is nothing serious. 2. The next day we hear a report that it is a Grade III MCL sprain, which is basically a tear and puts him out half the season. Another report says its not as bad as that. 3. We all know how tightlipped the Pats are with reporting injuries. So it's suspicious that this comes out at all. Is it a plant? At this point, it seems like a leak. 4. But here is where it gets somewhat weird. Mayo is spotted in the locker room with crutches and a brace. From years of following the Patriots religiously, guys that are out are out. They are not in the locker room. They are ghosts. Now Brady was a different story because everyone knew he was out for the year, but it was always my impression that guys who were going to miss games would never show up in the locker room as it takes away from the whole "we are the team we put on the field" attitude that the Pats have had over the years. 5. My theory? The grade III MCL sprain diagnosis is BS. It is a grade I or II. Mayo will be listed as not having participated in any practices this week, but will be listed as doubtful on Friday. Sunday they test him and he likely won't play. But I think there is a 10% that I am right and, if so, this will tell me that the injury is not as serious as we think and he may only miss 2-4 weeks.
    Posted by Caesar1177
    Ok, but for what purpose?? It certainly will not have any baring on this game and if he's out 4-6 weeks so what?? They must go on without him until the medical staff says he's ok to resume playing.  I'm sorry I just missed the point, please explain.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: Mayo Smokescreen???? : Very true. Anthony Gonzalez on the Colts tore his PCL and he wasn't even touched. The guy just dropped to the ground. There are some reports saying that it isn't as bad as initially thought (6-8 weeks), but I wouldn't be surprised if he's out 3 - 6 weeks. At this point all we can really do is hope you are right.
    Posted by magicalhobo

I have not seen it noted that Gonzalez tore his PCL.  Can you provide a link.  If so, I would think they would have stuck him on IR. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Unless anyone is on speaking terms with the Pats trainors or doctors (bloody unlikely) than all this talk about the extent and severity of Mayo's injury and the time he'll miss is really just speculation. Personally I could see 4-6 weeks. Quick time healing for a young player; as stated this is speculation and some might say I am an unduly optimistic fan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plastics017. Show Plastics017's posts

Tearing your PCL is a MUCH more serious injury than your MCL or even your LCL.  PCL requires surgery.  Your PCL is the other ligament inside your knee that crosses over the ACL - its basically just like an ACL tear, but posterior instead of anterior...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 19andNo. Show 19andNo's posts

It's a loose conjecture based on shoddy evidence, but if your guesses are correct, then the logic holds up. I'd love to see Mayo fully capable of playing this Sunday, and see him crush Leon Washington (and possibly Sanchez, if Wright, Banta-Cain, and company haven't already). But if he really is injured, I'd prefer to see him fully healed than see him back in 3-6 weeks, then out for the season.   As always, the Patriots will have to find a way.  I remember 2003 & 2004 when we couldn't keep guys healthy for more than 4wks at a time, and we won a Super Bowl with Earthwind Moreland at cornerback.  You could do worse than an inexperienced Gary Guyton.  Hopefully Guyton will rise to the occasion.  At least it's a rookie quarterback.
    Posted by NickC1188

Videotape my friend, videotape.  2003 & 2004 were during the cheating years you could have won with a mannequin in the backfield. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Plastics - Exactly. 

I didn't want to be an a*s, but I've had both of my ACL's reconstructed and the PCL runs across that just behind it.  Tear your PCL and you're out. 

Now maybe you just need some rehab time if there is a minor partial tear or sprain to your medial collateral or lateral collateral.  Possibly take some time to let the swelling and trauma to dissolve and then do some restrengthening of the muscles around the knee. 

I don't know if minor partial tears for these ligaments can be played on after some rehab, but not a tear to the PCL. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Vindicated. Mayo back at practice two weeks after the injury. Grade II MCL sprain.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

A quicker return could just mean it was misdiagnosed up front and they're just not correcting it. 
    I agree with a couple of you, if they aren't bringing anyone else in it can't be that bad and they just aren't going to risk causing long term damage to the future.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Vindicated. Mayo back at practice two weeks after the injury. Grade II MCL sprain.
    Posted by Caesar1177

I like the conspiracy thoery angle. Love to see him play against Ravens. If he is healthy!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

In Response to Re: Mayo Smokescreen???? : I like the conspiracy thoery angle. Love to see him play against Ravens. If he is healthy!
    Posted by TrueChamp

I just think that Belichick knows that teams scout their opponents weeks in advance. Knowing that, if they leak that the Mayo injury is serious, team may just assume he won't be out there. And when he is, holy smokes (Boston.com is the profanity nazi), now we have to adjust.

Sections
Shortcuts