Mayo the Glue

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

Mayo the Glue

Very good article on Mayo.

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/belichick-patriots-revolve-around-mayo?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo" rel="nofollow">http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/belichick-patriots-revolve-around-mayo?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

Well put on how his position is played and some of the bad rap some folks try to give him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Re: Mayo the Glue

Tcal on the watch.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I said after the 2nd preseason game last year that I would not make any more negative comments about Mayo.....and I haven't.  Hopefully he has a monster year and leads us to another Super Bowl

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Nice article, pretty informative, I think it also sheds some light on how the team was "built" in 08...not very good. It's nice to hear Mayo is a leader, but if you've ever heard him talk it's no surprise. I'm very very curious to see how Mayo performs with better players around him - I'm expecting greatness - because that's the light that he is viewed in.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I've been on here many times before praising Mayo.

He's my favorite defensive player on the team, well was but Revis and Browner and Collins are guys I love too, but you get the point.

He just does it all. Nothing amazing and flashy. Hard nosed and gets it done. and he's the QB of this defense.

Love me some Mayo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nice article, pretty informative, I think it also sheds some light on how the team was "built" in 08...not very good. It's nice to hear Mayo is a leader, but if you've ever heard him talk it's no surprise. I'm very very curious to see how Mayo performs with better players around him - I'm expecting greatness - because that's the light that he is viewed in.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what your definition of greatness is in relationship to Mayo but I think BB expects him to be a steadying force on the field and a leader in the locker room. He is one of the best tacklers in the league and can hold his own in coverage. He will never be the "dynamic player" people expect but he will be a just a cut below that for his entire career. I think at the end of his career we will be talking about a Patriot HOF player.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

A lot of people here ragged on Mayo a lot. ANd most of those folks bash BB as a GM. Good thing BB is the GM and not those folks!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A lot of people here ragged on Mayo a lot. ANd most of those folks bash BB as a GM. Good thing BB is the GM and not those folks!

[/QUOTE]

BB exposes the Brady BallWasher dorks here annually.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BB exposes the Brady BallWasher dorks here annually.

[/QUOTE]

How, by having Brady take every snap?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what your definition of greatness is in relationship to Mayo but I think BB expects him to be a steadying force on the field and a leader in the locker room. He is one of the best tacklers in the league and can hold his own in coverage. He will never be the "dynamic player" people expect but he will be a just a cut below that for his entire career. I think at the end of his career we will be talking about a Patriot HOF player.

[/QUOTE]

I'm expecting him to be a top ten linebacker in the league and a difference maker...a guy that will make that third down stop at the goal line on Ray Rice with the game on the line...a guy that will play sideline to sideline...a guy that when he walks out on that field the other team says, "uh oh". That's what I want.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm expecting him to be a top ten linebacker in the league and a difference maker...a guy that will make that third down stop at the goal line on Ray Rice with the game on the line...a guy that will play sideline to sideline...a guy that when he walks out on that field the other team says, "uh oh". That's what I want.

[/QUOTE]

You are one of the dumbest people I've ever seen.  Bruschi had McGinest and vice versa, and then there was Ted Johnson with Phifer in there.

Please wake up.  Mayo is like McGinest in that he was the first guy drafted to be part of the new regime.

McGinest was a borderline disappointment for the first 5 years of his career. 

Please check out footage of the Pats in the mid/late 1990s. Some of us lived it and saw it.   The board knows you didn't.  McGinest was a good player, but somewhat disappointing being picked that high. He was either hurt or not the star he could have been for whatever reason.

Meanwhile, Mayo won DROY and has been a quiet star for years, while being the model of consistency anywhere in the conference.

Maybe Hightower and Collins, maybe a guy like Nink can be names you someday respect, as long as Brady does not muck it up like has done in recent postseasons.

It is disturbing watching Brady be so awful in title games and fans like you demand Mayo do other-wordly things to bail out Brady.

Brady's smart play earlier in his career used to help Bruschi and McGinest. It's hurt Mayo in recent years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Fact is, like Rusty and Mthurl have previously pointed out, this could easily be Mayo's best season which is saying something.

Last year the 6 games he played, he was looking some of the best I have seen because of the improved defense around him and that was without the emergence of Collins.

Mayo gets Collins next to him and hopefully and probably an improved Hightower too, also the secondary will make coverage for the LBs even easier.

With all of the personnel around him this season, we could see Mayo do more than just lead this defense make tackles and be a solid player that people never appreciate, he may be used on blitzes (saw some last year), and could get some INTs as well which can finally open some eyes around here and give Mayo the respect he has already earned IMO.

Big prediction: Mayo adds onto his 08 DROY, 2-time ProBowler and a 1st team All-Pro with another pro bowl and an All Pro selection... (first OR second)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Mayo sux.

So does Nink

And Hightower

BB sux.

Boom.

[object HTMLDivElement]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He has made and will continue to be a tackling machine ….He does play sideline to sideline…. He is the leader and the most consistent player on the D… I don't think BB was blowing smoke up our azzes this time I think he is being genuine that Mayo was the biggest loss on D last year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I'm blind as an f ing bat apparently!

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/492653477211164672"; rel="nofollow">https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/492653477211164672

Raporeporting on it, as usual.

A lot of people like to underestimate this guy. No, he's not flashy. Yes, I would like a few more 'impact plays' out of him (forced fumbles/recoveries, ints, sacks). But he is the general on the field. He gets the front 7 in position to do the right thing. He's RARELY out of position. He RARELY misses tackles. He's basically solid in everything he does. In the middle of the field, that's invaluable. His loss hurt more than Vince's, but the 2 together were truly crippling. I hope they can get some luck on the health front because this defense could be extremely good. They were to start the year last season before the cascade of injuries starting Week 4. They carried a struggling offense.

That takes care of that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are one of the dumbest people I've ever seen.  Bruschi had McGinest and vice versa, and then there was Ted Johnson with Phifer in there.

Please wake up.  Mayo is like McGinest in that he was the first guy drafted to be part of the new regime.

McGinest was a borderline disappointment for the first 5 years of his career. 

Please check out footage of the Pats in the mid/late 1990s. Some of us lived it and saw it.   The board knows you didn't.  McGinest was a good player, but somewhat disappointing being picked that high. He was either hurt or not the star he could have been for whatever reason.

Meanwhile, Mayo won DROY and has been a quiet star for years, while being the model of consistency anywhere in the conference.

Maybe Hightower and Collins, maybe a guy like Nink can be names you someday respect, as long as Brady does not muck it up like has done in recent postseasons.

It is disturbing watching Brady be so awful in title games and fans like you demand Mayo do other-wordly things to bail out Brady.

Brady's smart play earlier in his career used to help Bruschi and McGinest. It's hurt Mayo in recent years.

[/QUOTE]

I didn't watch the Patriots in the mid to late 90's? News to me, especially seeing how I had season tickets. That thing you claim your uncle had. And I fully understand how McGinnest's career went, he was injured a lot with that back, then groin until he had a procedure that corrected it. I actually stood right next to McGinnest during training camp at Bryant College - you probably don't know what that is because you never went - hell you haven't even been to Patriot Place, which means you've never been to a game. Bryant College was an awesome place to watch training camp, you were able to get so close to the players that it made it an awesome experience. I was able to stand next to McGinnest because he was rehabbing his groin injury - per usual - and was right along the sidelines where us fans were. The guy looked like one mean SOB - I'm a pretty big guy - but I've got nothing on McGinnest.

As for Mayo I'm hoping that he will be a better player with better players around him. I know that he has struggled in coverage and didn't help us from being one of the worst 3rd down defenses in football (or defenses overall for that matter). So I am curious to see what the improvements on defense will do for a guy like him, and quite frankly anything less than dominance would be disappointing to me because he is paid as such and was drafted as such. McGinnest improved and made a huge difference to our team as he aged/got healthy, I'm hoping Mayo will do the same with better players around him.

By the way, I wouldn't go around calling people "stupid" or "dumb" - you made a complete fool of yourself two days ago on the Pat Bowlen thread, kicking a guy when he is down and just had been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. And lets not forget the general rule of thumb with you...that there are 6 billion people on the internet and you are the biggest moron amongst them. And I also loved how patseng schooled you on your IQ score the other day, that was pretty damn funny. Hey, do you still go around bragging about owning a Galaxy s3 phone and how you are "very technologically advanced"? LOL! I'm just glad you are around, dumbo:)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm blind as an f ing bat apparently!

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/492653477211164672";" rel="nofollow">https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/492653477211164672";; rel="nofollow">https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/492653477211164672" rel="nofollow">https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/492653477211164672

Raporeporting on it, as usual.

A lot of people like to underestimate this guy. No, he's not flashy. Yes, I would like a few more 'impact plays' out of him (forced fumbles/recoveries, ints, sacks). But he is the general on the field. He gets the front 7 in position to do the right thing. He's RARELY out of position. He RARELY misses tackles. He's basically solid in everything he does. In the middle of the field, that's invaluable. His loss hurt more than Vince's, but the 2 together were truly crippling. I hope they can get some luck on the health front because this defense could be extremely good. They were to start the year last season before the cascade of injuries starting Week 4. They carried a struggling offense.

That takes care of that.

[/QUOTE]

I'm real interested in seeing the type of player he is with better players around him, because let's face it, he was played with some very marginal talent around him. He has played with some horrible safeties. He has played with some terrible corners. And aside from Vince - and later Chandler Jones - he hasn't exactly had all pros lining up in front of him either. So with Revis, Browner and McCourty behind him...with Jaime Collins to his right...Hightower next to him and Vinve, Kelly, Easley, Jones, Smith and Nink in front of him...he should make some of those impact plays you speak of. I understand he has a hard job, he has been asked to cover a lot of ground for players that shouldn't be playing in the NFL (and who now aren't), so I really am looking forward to watching the boost this guy should give the defense.

Honestly this guy should be the story and focus of camp - we got our 40 million dollar linebacker back - the guy who was our top ten pick. He is still in his prime - this should be HUGE for this defense. And I hope it is.