Mayo Thinks Revis is Faking

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Mayo Thinks Revis is Faking

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/17/jerod-mayo-thinks-revis-is-faking/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Mayo Thinks Revis is Faking

Yep, I didn't think it could be the case yesterday because I was told that players that skip camp are much more prone to get injured like this. He may be experiencing some tightness and he may also not be in game condition, which makes this the perfect excuse. If he gets torched, the media will give him a free pass until December's matchup.

Revis doesn't matter anyway because there's only one of him and numerous offensive weapons for them to cover AS A TEAM.

Still, I'd love to see Brady target Revis like he did Anthony Smith in 2007. That was awesome.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

I'm not a conspiracy theorist so i do believe to a certain degree that MEvis is telling the truth. But it's really not important because Moss has been on a mission to take a beachhead on MEvis island since last year.

The part I find interesting is if MEvis IS hurt.. As the best player on the #1 defense in the league, wouldn't you caution against getting him further hurt and jeopardize the rest of your season. it's only week 2.. This speaks to the importance and desperation of this game for the jets. It also confirms what I think about FatRex, I'm 99.999% sure he is a functioning Psychopath. Seriously.. Not joking at all.. The man has major issues.. Don't know if it's Mommy or Daddy or his priest or what. But he's is definitely damaged goods. Easily capable or telling one of his players to make sure Brady or Welker doesn't walk off the field..  Just sayin...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

The only thing Revis is pulling is pulling a BB...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

You mean that Recis is pulling a Jeter?  No way!  Nobody who plays for NY does that!

LOL!  I woulnd't put it past them....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Mayo Thinks Revis is Faking:
    [QUOTE]The only thing Revis is pulling is pulling a BB...
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]
    Think you're right there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

I love how they left out the other part of that interview. Its on the Pats website and Jerod is talking and one of the guys asks well couldnt it be a decoy. He responds with well yeah next thing you know Toms holding the ball longer trying to hit Moss and they get a shot at him. I loved how he said Bill does it too lol. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

Why would Raveis be faking?  What good would that do?  He's back at practice today anyway - fully participating. 

I watched the Jets/Ravens game and was waiting for Raveis to pull his hammy.  He didn't practice all summer and then was immediatly thrown into the game.  There's a huge difference between "in shape" and "in football shape"! 

I noticed him tweak something along the sideline and watched him limp a bit.  I knew at that moment it will likely affect his play all season long and the Pats are gonna have a field day on him this Sunday! 

Pats 28 / Jets 2

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

I thought the same thing myself. I think he is faking it too. Some scheme or Rex just to make Patriots think either Revis won't play or they won't pay much attention to things on the field cause Revis is hurt. News flash Rex the Patriots DON"T miss a thing. They may not always comment on it like you but they take note.

Yep: Revis is faking it. Oh yeah.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

[QUOTE]Why would Raveis be faking?  What good would that do?  He's back at practice today anyway - fully participating.  I watched the Jets/Ravens game and was waiting for Raveis to pull his hammy.  He didn't practice all summer and then was immediatly thrown into the game.  There's a huge difference between "in shape" and "in football shape"!  I noticed him tweak something along the sideline and watched him limp a bit.  I knew at that moment it will likely affect his play all season long and the Pats are gonna have a field day on him this Sunday!  Pats 28 / Jets 2
    Posted by deluxbury[/QUOTE]

Jets only get a Safety? Pretty optimistic...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]Why would Raveis be faking?  What good would that do?  He's back at practice today anyway - fully participating....

It could just possibly, maybe effect a players preparation.  I could imagine the slightest bit of uncertainty tempting an inexperienced player to watch a little less tape on the guy, or causing an experienced player to devote some time preparing for whoever else he may have to face in place of the guy should it happen.  Do I think it's a big advantage?  No.  I just assumed that BB is somewhat famous for his injury reports for that exact reason though.  It places a seed of doubt in the other team that might temp some of their coaches and players to do what I described.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

In Response to Mayo Thinks Revis is Faking:
    [QUOTE]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/17/jerod-mayo-thinks-revis-is-faking/
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

faking or not belichicks team will play their hardest against whoever they line up against. all this media hype about moss vs revis is a joke. its a team game and the best team wins. go pats

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/17/jerod-mayo-thinks-revis-is-faking/

They are just getting set for the loss, "Hey we would have killed the Pats but Revis, man he was hurt. Remember, we talked about it before the game...

Be smarter if the said Sanchez was hurt..That we would believe!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

If i were BB i would line Mayo up with Moss and have mayo smash revis into the ground on every down.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE] Be smarter if the said Sanchez was hurt..That we would believe!
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

Dropped on his head as an infant?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I can see them playing the excuse route if they lose but Im not believing it. I think he might actually be hurt but its obviously not serious. Its a win/win for the Jests though. If Revis gets burned, he has an excuse lined up, if they win and Revis shuts Moss down, he will brag about how he did it with an injury.

Either way, the media will be pro Revis no matter what the outcome. I just hope we crush the Jests, allowing the fans and NY media to eat them alive. I still think they will run their mouths if we don't win by more then 7. It will be a giant list of excuses. " sanchez is in his sophmore slump" " Revis pulled a hammy" yada yada yada...

Assentially Revis is getting a free ticket from the media no matter what happens in the game. Is it a fake injury just for this purpose? I sincerely doubt it. He looked awfully good in the Ravens game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

[QUOTE]That is cause he is smart...Revis is faking. You know the Jets are scared when they pull this kind of smoke screen crap.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Test Revis early and often...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

It's the NFL...If Revis isn't 100%, Moss and Brady shouldn't have much of a problem exposing him. Bottom line is, if Revis is on the field, once the ball get snapped you can't fake it and you have to strap up your helmet and go play football. The guys the best corner in the game, if his legs fail him, Moss will get open, if Moss gets open Brady will find him.

Let's remember that Revis missed all of training camp and all eyes are on him due the fear that his absense from camp will lead to an injury...Ryan stated in his press conference, that Revis is fine, felt a little tightness and the Jets are just being cautious. Much ado about nothing. My guess is that Revis Island will get tested and hopefully bombed!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

I don't like the smack I'm heaqring from Tom Brady, Bruschi, and Mayo about the Jets. The "old" championship Patriots used to shut their mouths, and do their talking on the field.

Cut the smack talk Pats...at least until you go into NY and get it done!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I've been listening to Brady and really haven't heard anything over the top. He gives compliments and says he has respects them but the Mayo comment I'm surprised about. I bet he got drilled for that from BB.

Tedy's an analyst, he can say whatever he wants.

If he takes the field it's game on just like it is for Moss.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Why would Raveis be faking?  What good would that do?  He's back at practice today anyway - fully participating.  I watched the Jets/Ravens game and was waiting for Raveis to pull his hammy.  He didn't practice all summer and then was immediatly thrown into the game.  There's a huge difference between "in shape" and "in football shape"!  I noticed him tweak something along the sideline and watched him limp a bit.  I knew at that moment it will likely affect his play all season long and the Pats are gonna have a field day on him this Sunday!  Pats 28 / Jets 2
    affect his play all season long? since you have that crystal ball, I need to know if TB will make it through the season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]I thought the same thing myself. I think he is faking it too. Some scheme or Rex just to make Patriots think either Revis won't play or they won't pay much attention to things on the field cause Revis is hurt. News flash Rex the Patriots DON"T miss a thing. They may not always comment on it like you but they take note. Yep: Revis is faking it. Oh yeah.
    Posted by WelkerRules[/QUOTE]
    So I guess when TB was on his behind 23 times in the Pats' last SB that the coaching staff didn't miss a thing. Right. Infallibility wasn't handed out to the Pats.
    Anyone else for that matter.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]     I don't like the smack I'm heaqring from Tom Brady, Bruschi, and Mayo about the Jets. The "old" championship Patriots used to shut their mouths, and do their talking on the field.      Cut the smack talk Pats...at least until you go into NY and get it done!!
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    I've seen this before right before the Pats' last SB. People were leaving my place of business wearing 19-0 tee shirts and much too confident. Previous to my coaching experience, I kept it buttoned and it has carried over until now. Not even after my teams win. I agree that players especially should keep their pie holes clammed up (at least off the field). This forum is entitled to all opinions. It's our right. I'd save myself the embarrassment if the Pats would lose. As far as excuses, I heard my share of them with that last SB loss. They still ring out today. When we lost, we had one thing on our minds. Nexttttttt. Good luck to the Pats this weekend.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Everyone is going to be ready for this one and it would be downright  silly to think otherwise...

Strap yourselves in 'cause it's gonna be a bumpy ride...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

I don't see what the point would be unless Rex thinks the Pats are so stupid that they would design the entire game plan around Revis being slowed up by a bad hamstring. That's not going to happen. Besides you'll know the first time he runs long with Moss. Seems like a lot of trouble to go through to get an advantage on a single play in the 1st quarter.

Sections
Shortcuts