Mayo to play sunday?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

Mayo to play sunday?

according to espn boston, mayo has been upgraded to questionable and will likely play sunday. i'm really excited about this. i think that we will really see our defense take shape this week, now that he's back and a lot of the younger players are starting to excel. guyton and mayo give us a lot of flexibility and i think we will see some exciting things out there. 
    i just hope AD can play; not sure why he's been out of practice. i know he has been taking a lot of heat on here, but i still think he's been playing well. with mayo back he should be freed up to do flashier things like rush the passer, rather than always dropping into coverage or plugging holes on the strong side. and i'd still like to see him get some reps at DE in the 4-3...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHILZONE686. Show PHILZONE686's posts

Re: Mayo to play sunday?

I think I read somewhere on BDC that AD's absence from practice was not injury related.  I'm excited to have Mayo back as he's been the missing piece for all but three plays this season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

Mayo is listed as questionable. That means he is 50-50. I'd like to see him on the field only if he is healthy and ready to go. Coming back in 4 weeks from an injury thats supposed to take 6-8 weeks worries me. I think he sits this one out. Maybe plays the following week.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

In Response to Re: Mayo to play sunday?:
    Mayo is listed as questionable. That means he is 50-50. I'd like to see him on the field only if he is healthy and ready to go. Coming back in 4 weeks from an injury thats supposed to take 6-8 weeks worries me. I think he sits this one out. Maybe plays the following week.
    Posted by MaritimePatsFan

Agree 100%. I think this is all smokescreen given Pats are playing McDaniels and don't want to tip a hand about 4-3 vs. 3-4.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

I think it will be a game time decision.  Sounds like he's getting better every day.  Maybe weather factors into it.  But I think it will be similar to the Welker deal. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Mayo's fine. He wasn't that badly injured. He had the same injury that Polamalu had, and Polamalu was suppose to be out for 3-4 weeks. 

He'll play. 

If you want to make a sandwich and defense that is already good better, all you have to do is add some Mayo! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In Belichick's book, "Doubtful" means the player (Mayo) was on the practice field but can't run at full speed and certainly won't play.  "Probable" means Brady's shoulder still has a first degree separation from four years ago and he'll play of course.  Absolutely every other Patriots injury is always "questionable" or "50-50".  In practice, one player's 95% chance of playing and another's 5% chance of playing will sort of average out to 50%, and so the NFL league office doesn't have grounds to complain. 

Mayo is on the field because he could run last week and can run at full speed this week.  If it could damage his knee, he would have stayed off his feet last week.  He's probably closer to the 95% side of playing than the 5% side.  Expect him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I don't think it's a good idea to bring back a player who hasn't played in three weeks in Denver.  The high altitude will only amplify the effect of his loss of conditioning, and I think fatigue would expose him to injury.  Then again, so would playing against Kevin Mawae and his dirty "cut" blocks in a week at home against Tennessee, so I think I'll just trust the Patriots training staff's judgment.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skadude22. Show Skadude22's posts

I have full confidence that they aren't going to rush their stud linebacker back from an injury if he's not ready, especially because they have been able to go 3-1 so far, so it's not like they are in a desperate situation at the moment.  But the way the media is talking (I saw 3 or 4 shows on ESPN today that said basically the same thing), Mayo playing is almost a given.  I don't know where they are getting this information, but I would be more than happy to have a ready to go Mayo back.  It also lets them give JR some time to get up to speed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaacee. Show jaacee's posts

And, status of Seau? signed?, took a physical? What???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Mayo to play sunday?:
    And, status of Seau? signed?, took a physical? What???
    Posted by jaacee

He took a physical:

But his signing has been delayed by one week:

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

I believe there is not a reason why they should rush Mayo´s return. The "D" is doing well and the team is 4-1, the team is far from being that desperate to bring a guy back early.

If as you say, this is similar to Troy P. Injury, then he may play 1 or 2 series.

I really really do not miss him a lot, and that´s why his comeback is going to be a total success for the Pats...

Sections
Shortcuts