Mayo will be fined

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: Mayo will be fined

Well the announcers were complaining about a lot of alleged helmet-to-helmet hits by the Pats the whole game.  But the playoffs are here so the NFL can't take too much more of our players money.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Don't worry he will just write it off.  Its what all the big companies do... they just write it off.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stupideeediot. Show Stupideeediot's posts

In Response to Re: Mayo will be fined:
    [QUOTE]Well the announcers were complaining about a lot of alleged helmet-to-helmet hits by the Pats the whole game.  But the playoffs are here so the NFL can't take too much more of our players money.
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

Basically anytime you can 'hear' a hit the announcers in games are now calling it helmet to helmet.

i.e.
    "I could hear that hit up here !!!"

The problem is that helmets make contact with each other on most legal hits. The only contact that is not allowed is leading with your own helmet as you make a tackle.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

ArentIn Response to Re: Mayo will be fined:
    [QUOTE]Don't worry he will just write it off.  Its what all the big companies do... they just write it off.
    Posted by Patsman2[/QUOTE]

Dont all the monies paid by fines go to charity?  So yea, write off as charitable contribution.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Deport Goodell.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patfanfromfl. Show patfanfromfl's posts

Wow. i feel like a steelers fan now .seeing all these dang fines

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

[QUOTE]ArentIn Response to Re: Mayo will be fined : Dont all the monies paid by fines go to charity?  So yea, write off as charitable contribution.
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]
    business expense...  Like copy paper, for you and I.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

No way. I don't remember one play where Mayo led with his helmet. There was, however, one play where Page and Mayo really laid one on a WR (it was more Page but that was glossed over because Kevin Harlan announced the worst game possible) but I didn't see anything close to a helmet to helmet hit. 

I think Kevin Harlan (how awful was he?) just cost Mayo at least $10K in fines. And for all that Harlan won't even pronounce Mayo's name right (it's Jerod, not Gerard!!!). Very frustrating to say the least. Something needs to be done about this system of fining players. That hit by McC was perfect, yet a fine comes down. There's corruption or negligence (probably both) at play here. 

[QUOTE]I know that the flag thrown on DMC in that Packers game was BS so I just wanted to know if anyone actually thinks Mayo deserved a fine.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I can't believe he's doing such a terrible job. If I were one of these players being fined for illegal hits I would go to a lawyer and sue the crap out of the nfl. Put that McCourty hit on in front of a jury and have Goodell explain the penalty and fine. It's just pure garbage.

[QUOTE]Deport Goodell.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

The guys making the rules have not played football, well maybe flag football......

Those looked like clean hits to me....

I guess they should just let receivers catch the ball, make to footballmoves and then you can tackle the guy...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

This fine and hit craziness (as in going too far) is all about convincing the players the NFL wants to preserve their health for an 18 game season.  It could also be a fabricated bargaining chip by the NFL.  A lot of players have said the excessive and unfair fining needs to change.  So what do they give up to get it fixed...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I'm no lawyer but that sounds good to me. I mean, it's painfully obvious that some of these hits are okay yet fines still come down. Something doesn't add up. The only explanation is that Kevin Harlan in the fine czar. I closed my car door and I was flagged for a helmet to helmet hit!

[QUOTE]Yea Rockdog that would be great because Goodel wouldn't be able to defend his choices. What would they charge him with? Extortion?
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

Actually, the announcers were praising Mayo and saying THAT'S an example of how big hits can still be made legally blah blah blah. They said it and made it a point of how legal & well executed his hits were, well below the head area etc. Plus NO flags were thrown on his big hits.

The announcers said a lot about other hits, helmet to helmet, on almost every play, but I remember them praising Mayo on his 2 big over the middle hits that caused receivers to drop the ball.

Last week they fined SIXTEEN players. Basically if you got a 15 yarder, you got a 10k fine. Fines were supposed to be for particularly egregious hits, like intent to injure, dirty stuff etc...NOT EVERYONE WHO GETS A PENALTY

I hope the players union holds off on signing any new collective bargaining agreements until they can get a better system in place for fines. It is officially WAY past out of control. Just getting a flag should not automatically get you a fine. Now is the perfect time for the players to DO something about it

They care so much about safety, yet want to add more games to the schedule, which could mean more cancellations/rescheduling of games due to weather as they'll play later into the winter.

Also on safety, The Bears(?) protested officially about the college field TWICE before the game, complaining it was frozen solid and dangerously hard. They were worried about the possibilities of injuries. Whaddya know, it ended up being Favre who got hurt, knocked unconscious after his head only slightly hit the frozen ground after a routine sack But they are sooo worried about player safety.

I will prob stop watching this game when BB & Brady are gone. Being at the top each year will keep me watching, but if I lived in Carolina, this would be my last year. The rules are changing too quick and all for the worse. Games routinely end with a combined score of 50 - 60 points. Defense has it's hands tied, the running game is basically dead, and low scoring games are pretty much a thing of the past. I like TD's, but they shouldn't happen almost everytime a team gets the ball. The Bengals, 22nd in scoring, are putting up an average of 21 pts a game. That is ridiculous

PS: Stingley, the poster child for eliminating helmet to helmet hits, was an offensive player who lowered his head into the shoulder of a defender. EVERY offensive guy does that before they get hit There was no helmet to helmet and was not the defenders fault at all. Nothing in the rules or the way they are calling the hits would change what happened to Darryll Stingley.

Sections
Shortcuts