Mayo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Mayo

I got on this guy's case last year. Kept giving him some slack due to perhaps injuries were holding him back.

If Mayo is a "star" linebacker then I'm sorry, he ain't playing like one and hasn't for sometime.

I watched him twice get knocked back on his azz by Seattle's running back when the two made contact at the line.

When Spikes makes contact he stops the player straight up.

Is Mayo a "star" or simply a serviceable linebacker?

He makes very few plays that make a difference in a game so right now he's very over rated. Wilfork needs help and Mayo should be someone stepping up and he ain't.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Mayo

I think Mayo falls into the "least of the defenses problems" category. He isn't a big playmaker, but he is a tackling machine.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Sorry, don't see it. He got knocked on his azz more than once yesterday.

Ray Lewis doesn't get knocked on his azz even at his age.

So, Mayo ain't Ray Lewis but he did get his contract re-done so he's making decent pay.

He has been very under whelming at best.

Say what you want but Hightower steps in as a Rookie and has played better than Mayo.

I refuse to drink the purple kool Aid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I sometimes think the Patriots vanilla "system" focuses so much on discipline and technique that it can take away from the player's instinct and talent.

Spikes is much less disciplined than Mayo - and, as good as he is a hitter when he picks the correct hole to shoot thru - he is often out of position - and chooses the wrong hole where he thinks the RB is gonna be....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Who cares. The front 7 on defense have been rockstars as far as I'm concerned. As if they are the problem. 

It's the secondary that needs to be fixed. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to murghkhor's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who cares. The front 7 on defense have been rockstars as far as I'm concerned. As if they are the problem. 

It's the secondary that needs to be fixed. 

[/QUOTE]

Except they put zero pressure on opposing QBs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Mayo's been a very solid LB who if not for the missed tackle against Wilson I doubt you would have even made this post. 1 missed play that looks extremely bad doesn't break his performance all year. He's be a very good player all year

Sections
Shortcuts