Mayor Menino questions for you local folks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Mayor Menino questions for you local folks

I preface the follwoing questions by saying I mean no disrespct to your mayor)

1. Has he alwasy talked that way? Garbled, swollen tongue, marble mouthed. Do you remember him as a young state senator or rep or any other elected office. If so did he talk like that then.

2. Is he a very interlligent man? OR is he a very intelligent politician?

From an outsiders stand point he appears almost mildly mentally challanged at times. (again no disrespect)

3.Does he have a health condition that hampers his speech?

I ask the questions for two reasons. First his most recent flub can while READING CHEAT CARDS while having interraction with the medio about the pats and ravens game. Something to do with both mayors. He was a joke ---again.

Lastly, We up here in Maine are fortunate enough to have a chest thumping , blow hards, bully speaking , Govenor-paul lepage. He shoots from his mouth with no questions asked. its borders on insanity at times. It gets old-fast. How about your boy. Does his get old or is it a sense of pride by now?

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Re: Mayor Menino questions for you local folks

Guy is a disgrace, but oh wait the people here just dumped Scott Brown for Elizabeth Warren...Honestly, Osama Bin Laden could have run for office in this state as a Democrat and would have got 80% of the vote. Now the push is to put Barney Frank as interim Senator if Kerry is confirmed as Secretary of State...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

I would guess they keep electing him because he has been one of the more effective mayors (or any type of public official, for that matter) in the country.

He is an extremely active presence in the city; a promoter of neighborhood initiatives; a leader against gang-based violence; an advocate for police, fire and emergency rescue personnel; a vocal, successful lobbyist for businesses and conventions (including the 2004 Democratic National Convention) to locate in Boston; a voice for community based health care intiatives and nutrition for the poor; a preservationist for parks and shared public spaces; a proponent of environmentally conscious initiatives that have made Boston one of the greenest cities on the planet; a graduate of UMass who has met with youth groups twice a month without fail (except for illness) since the early 90s; and a guy who has no bigger aspirations than to be mayor of Boston, and as such, is the rare politician who does not take himself very seriously.

Of course, he mumbles and stutters. Guess Bostonians should get rid of the bum.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Gravelten4's comment:

I preface the follwoing questions by saying I mean no disrespct to your mayor)

1. Has he alwasy talked that way? Garbled, swollen tongue, marble mouthed. Do you remember him as a young state senator or rep or any other elected office. If so did he talk like that then.

Yes he's always been like that

2. Is he a very interlligent man? OR is he a very intelligent politician?

No he's actually very dumb and gets excited like a dog when he thinks he does something right. I'm not joking watch one of his press conferences when he makes an announced plan for the city to help the citizens like banning non-diet soda's from public buildings, his eyes grow wide and his mouth opens to the point where you think his tongue is going to fall out and it flies left and right looking for approval

From an outsiders stand point he appears almost mildly mentally challanged at times. (again no disrespect)

3.Does he have a health condition that hampers his speech?

Yep it's called tongue lapped. He is so busy licking the boots of the unions that continue to get him elected that he can no longer speak properly

I ask the questions for two reasons. First his most recent flub can while READING CHEAT CARDS while having interraction with the medio about the pats and ravens game. Something to do with both mayors. He was a joke ---again.

Lastly, We up here in Maine are fortunate enough to have a chest thumping , blow hards, bully speaking , Govenor-paul lepage. He shoots from his mouth with no questions asked. its borders on insanity at times. It gets old-fast. How about your boy. Does his get old or is it a sense of pride by now?

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would guess they keep electing him because he has been one of the more effective mayors (or any type of public official, for that matter) in the country.

He is an extremely active presence in the city; a promoter of neighborhood initiatives; a leader against gang-based violence; an advocate for police, fire and emergency rescue personnel; a vocal, successful lobbyist for businesses and conventions (including the 2004 Democratic National Convention) to locate in Boston; a voice for community based health care intiatives and nutrition for the poor; a preservationist for parks and shared public spaces; a proponent of environmentally conscious initiatives that have made Boston one of the greenest cities on the planet; a graduate of UMass who has met with youth groups twice a month without fail (except for illness) since the early 90s; and a guy who has no bigger aspirations than to be mayor of Boston, and as such, is the rare politician who does not take himself very seriously.

Of course, he mumbles and stutters. Guess Bostonians should get rid of the bum.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know if this was meant to be sarcastic or not but you have to be kidding me. The only thing he cares about is the hot topic of the day to get votes and giving back to the unions who continue to get him elected. The guy is the joke of the nation and we all know it. He had to ban non-diet soda's in public buildings because he went on a diet and everyone else had to too, he removed parking spaces in an already parking space straped Newbury street to create parking space patio's in the street for people to sit in?, he pushed for the zipbikes which most of them were stolen using stolen credit cards and the rest are rusting away in the winter because we live in an area where 8 months of the year people don't want to use bikes. That's just some of the comical errors Menino has made but thought they were great ideas, don't even get started all the benefits he gave away to the unions which are now bankrupting the city or how long that gapping hole was in downtown Boston because he wanted outragous fees and permits on the developer to build anything but what he wanted. This guy has been horrible for the city as a whole and only helps out those who are his voting base to keep him in power

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Say what you will about mumbles, but this city has done some good things under his watch.  Don't put too much stock in outward appearances. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Say what you will about mumbles, but this city has done some good things under his watch.  Don't put too much stock in outward appearances.   If you've lived in Boston for a long time you probably know what I mean.  You don't survive and thrive as long as he has without being crazy like a fox.   

However, his butchering of all things Boston sports is coffee spewing hilarious to me.  I was sitting in my office the other day with some coworkers when we heard Hizonnah on the radio and the three of us were uncontrollably laughing when the Wilcock story let loose.  You could make a compilation of all the names he's butchered over the years and make a recording and I think I would die from laughter.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

It's a perfect affectation for a politician.

Nobody can understand anything he says, so he always has plausible deniability.

"That's not what I said!"

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seymonster. Show seymonster's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

"only helps out those who are his voting base to keep him in power"

otherwise known as doing his job?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to seymonster's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

"only helps out those who are his voting base to keep him in power"

otherwise known as doing his job?

His job is the help the commonwealth as a whole. Last time I check politicians are for the people not for themselves. Only helping those who keep him in power at the expense of the city as a whole is not his job

Sections
Shortcuts