MAZZ nails it... Pats lack of SIZE at receiver has hurt them in the playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: MAZZ nails it... Pats lack of SIZE at receiver has hurt them in the playoffs

What is the frame of reference for "playoffs"?  I'm guessing we're talking post '07 -- you know, after 6'4" Randy Moss lead NE to victory over the Giants?!  (Oooops, scratch that one!)  If anything, the Pats' O line against the Giants D line in their last two Superbowl match ups has been the difference.  You can't hit any target if you're under duress all day.  We can blame Brady and everyone else, but to me, the Giants D line dominance was the difference in both SB losses.       

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Re: MAZZ nails it... Pats lack of SIZE at receiver has hurt them in the playoffs

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What is the frame of reference for "playoffs"?  I'm guessing we're talking post '07 -- you know, after 6'4" Randy Moss lead NE to victory over the Giants?!  (Oooops, scratch that one!)  If anything, the Pats' O line against the Giants D line in their last two Superbowl match ups has been the difference.  You can't hit any target if you're under duress all day.  We can blame Brady and everyone else, but to me, the Giants D line dominance was the difference in both SB losses.       

[/QUOTE]

There you go making sense again!! LOL

I don't care who the WR is, or the QB.....if your line can't pass protect or run block, you are screwed....plain & simple. Football games are always won in the trenches...always will be. If one didn't see that obvious flaw in our losses to the Giants in the last 2 SBs, then they can not be helped.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There you go making sense again!! LOL

I don't care who the WR is, or the QB.....if your line can't pass protect or run block, you are screwed....plain & simple. Football games are always won in the trenches...always will be. If one didn't see that obvious flaw in our losses to the Giants in the last 2 SBs, then they can not be helped.

[/QUOTE]

And yet, with all of that Giants D line dominance the Pats were in it 'til the end.  The last time, if I recall correctly, without an ablebodied receiver over 6 ft.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

2. If the shotgun is to "see the field better" why don't all QBs stand in the freaking formation at the same obsessive rate that Brady does?

[/QUOTE]

They do:

I'm sure it's gone up even more.

[/QUOTE]

DO you have individual numbers by chance? Ok, so that is directly reflective of the passing league, the Chuck Rule emphasis by Polian for the 2004 season and on, and obviously GOodell coming in 2005/2006 to drive ratings.

More points = More Revenue

So, the intelligent people could have simply drawn a graph like that without even having the numbers.  

But, I'd like to see which QBs are in the shotgun the most per play. I'd be money Brady has been in the top 3 every year.

[/QUOTE]

You are right. Brady is probably in the top 3 because BB and McD want it so.

"I am BB and I approve this message"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Being predictably one dimentional has killed us for 10 years....then a simple but effective match up puts you in deep trouble.....

[/QUOTE]

If the Colts are smart they will play the Patriots just like the Jets played the Pats a couple years ago in the playoffs....  Stack the box.  I am a bit worried not having that deep threat receiver could cause big problems for the Pats again.  If the Pats can't get the Colts to spread the field then I see big problems for the offense.  Not having Dobson hurts.  Hopefully Thompkins can get deep and help spread the field but Dobson would have been better for this.

[/QUOTE]
    They will  stack the box. I  just DON't think the colts are as physical as the jets.  Okay for the sake of bringing it up,  I will think the colts will try to jam edelman you would have to think Amendola can break loose a handful of times.. If this dude can'T BEAT PRESS COVERAGE or Jamming in the slot why did we sign him, and if Butler is on him even more.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, the Colts aren't as physical as the Jets, thankfully.  Amendola has problems when he get pressed and jammed at the line, Edelman is a bit better at it but no where near as good as a bigger WR is, like Thompkins.  Thompkins will be key in this game. If he can get deep and make the Colts defense respect him then the Pats won't have many problems.  If they take Thompkins out and stack the box then it could be a long day for the us Pats fans.

[/QUOTE]

Possibly, but a key difference maker in this game will be Vereen. Line up like we will run, they split Vereen out wide. Instant mismatch on a lb or safety and Vereen can go deep. There are ways to keep the colts guessing and honest. We need to make they pay a play or two and they won't be stacking for long.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bingo, we never would have won any of those super bowls without donald hayes and his 6'2 frame cheering on Troy, Patton, Branch and Givens.

[/QUOTE]

Lol!

[/QUOTE]

um david givens was 6-0 and 212#...    Plus he played bigger.   he was physical and had the pipes.   He was strong.    

Sorry he doesn't support your argument.

[/QUOTE]

So, 5'11 or 6'0 makes a huge difference in your argumant? Edelman is easily as big, plays as big, is as strong, blocks well, like Givens did.

Sorry, but the premise is a massive reach to squirm for another excuse as to why Brady struggles or has struggled leading our team in recent postsseason.

This is a pre-emptive strike by them so if NE loses to Indy, they can turn on BB the GM.

I've heard this crap before and it just doesn't add up.  This team had Moss in 2007 and played poorly on offense in the title game and SB.

It goes a lot deeper than this litany of deflecctionary attempts by the Brady Apologists.

I thought you were one who understood this? 

[/QUOTE]

if Indy is playing press man, you beat it with strength (givens at 212 vs Edelman at 195), speed, or quickness/release. I think Edelman is quick, kt has a good release, Danny a bit of both. 

Cmon Russ be genuine in your SB comments. How was the pass protection? Did the receivers have time to get open? I don't remember Brady sitting back and surveying the,field in that game Or having any reasonable amount of time to go through any progressions. Time to be honest when it comes to the passing game. It's as much on Brady as it is the oline protecting and receivers getting open. You can't separate the 3 when it comes to measuring its success.

[/QUOTE]

Brady prefers the shotgun and he paid for it iin SB 42. The O line is better when they aren't on their heels 46 times per game.

"I prefer the shotgun."  - Tom Brady WEEI 2010

So, Brady is the most to blame since they are catering to his wishes and preferences. 

[/QUOTE]

Who was that great NFL QB that doesn't prefer being abld to see the field better? This just in. RBs prefer to be handed the ball. OLmen prefef to run block, WRs prefef to have the ball passed to them, returners prefer not to take a TB, LBs prefer to blitz. You are a moron.

[/QUOTE]

1. You don't announce any preference as an NFL player because it tells the opponent something about your play.

That's for starters. To this day, I cannot believe he said that, moron. It's something a Jets player would do. lol

2. If the shotgun is to "see the field better" why don't all QBs stand in the freaking formation at the same obsessive rate that Brady does?

Drew Brees is about 6'0 tall and nowhere near the rate of shotgun use as Brady in recent years.

You're so stupid, it's unebelievable. The funny part is, you think you're actually countering with something. lol

[/QUOTE]

So, what you're saying is that by a player on a team saying he prefers something that means that the team does it?  Bwahahahahahahahahaha! What an idiot you are.  Have you ever watched a game?  Ever? 

Tell us, Mr President, what rate of shogun use did Brady have compared to Brees this year? Last year? The year before?  You have no idea.  You're just sputing off again as you do, hoping nobody notices the steaming pile.  

But again, why do you absolve the HC from the team being run the way he wants it run?  I'll tell you why..  You're an idiot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Bingo, we never would have won any of those super bowls without donald hayes and his 6'2 frame cheering on Troy, Patton, Branch and Givens.

Lol!

[/QUOTE]

um david givens was 6-0 and 212#...    Plus he played bigger.   he was physical and had the pipes.   He was strong.    

[/QUOTE]

So, 5'11 or 6'0 makes a huge difference in your argumant? Edelman is easily as big, plays as big, is as strong, blocks well, like Givens did.

Sorry, but the premise is a massive reach to squirm for another excuse as to why Brady struggles or has struggled leading our team in recent postsseason.

This is a pre-emptive strike by them so if NE loses to Indy, they can turn on BB the GM.

I've heard this crap before and it just doesn't add up.  This team had Moss in 2007 and played poorly on offense in the title game and SB.

It goes a lot deeper than this litany of deflecctionary attempts by the Brady Apologists.

[/QUOTE]

if Indy is playing press man, you beat it with strength (givens at 212 vs Edelman at 195), speed, or quickness/release. I think Edelman is quick, kt has a good release, Danny a bit of both. 

Cmon Russ be genuine in your SB comments. How was the pass protection? Did the receivers have time to get open? I don't remember Brady sitting back and surveying the,field in that game Or having any reasonable amount of time to go through any progressions. Time to be honest when it comes to the passing game. It's as much on Brady as it is the oline protecting and receivers getting open. You can't separate the 3 when it comes to measuring its success.

[/QUOTE]

Brady prefers the shotgun and he paid for it iin SB 42. The O line is better when they aren't on their heels 46 times per game.

So, Brady is the most to blame since they are catering to his wishes and preferences. 

[/QUOTE]

Who was that great NFL QB that doesn't prefer being abld to see the field better? This just in. RBs prefer to be handed the ball. OLmen prefef to run block, WRs prefef to have the ball passed to them, returners prefer not to take a TB, LBs prefer to blitz. You are a moron.

[/QUOTE]

1. You don't announce any preference as an NFL player because it tells the opponent something about your play.

That's for starters. To this day, I cannot believe he said that, moron. It's something a Jets player would do. lol

Drew Brees is about 6'0 tall and nowhere near the rate of shotgun use as Brady in recent years.

You're so stupid, it's unebelievable. The funny part is, you think you're actually countering with something. lol

[/QUOTE]

So, what you're saying is that by a player on a team saying he prefers something that means that the team does it?  Bwahahahahahahahahaha! What an idiot you are.  Have you ever watched a game?  Ever? 

Tell us, Mr President, what rate of shogun use did Brady have compared to Brees this year? Last year? The year before?  You have no idea.  You're just sputing off again as you do, hoping nobody notices the steaming pile.  

But again, why do you absolve the HC from the team being run the way he wants it run?  I'll tell you why..  You're an idiot.

[/QUOTE]

The cold winter wind is whistling through an empty Meadowlands for the second year in a row. It starts in Jersey ,passes through several ball parks in NYC that have been empty since September the whistles by a couple of hockey/basketball arenas that empty early and ends up in Foxboro where it runs into a stadium full of fans enjoying a post season football game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And their offensive line in the second one. 

Either way, that really is,if I had to single a unit out, the biggest factor. 

New England was beaten in the trenches both times. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lol!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The cold winter wind is whistling through an empty Meadowlands for the second year in a row. It starts in Jersey ,passes through several ball parks in NYC that have been empty since September the whistles by a couple of hockey/basketball arenas that empty early and ends up in Foxboro where it runs into a stadium full of fans enjoying a post season football game.

[/QUOTE]

and right on schedule Rusty's enabler/defender! And with a post that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic or the previous post-just another oh no my butt buddy is being attacked I must defend him nonsense

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yep

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Lol!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

and right on schedule Rusty's enabler/defender! And with a post that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic or the previous post-just another oh no my butt buddy is being attacked I must defend him nonsense

[/QUOTE]

YOu don't belong here. YOu're a fan from NY with the team in a totally different conference.

It's creepy you still post  here at this point.

[/QUOTE]

You ought to look up creepy.  Your obsession with Tebow's sex life is creepy.  Your obsession with little girls and their panties is creepy.  Your obsession with the sexuality of other BDC members is creepy.  You admitting that you keep notes on other BDC members is creepy. Are you seeing the pattern here?  You are creepy. Fans like 42 an myself that bludgeon you over and over again, well, perhaps we should re-examine the complete idiots that we associate with online.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Possibly, but a key difference maker in this game will be Vereen. Line up like we will run, they split Vereen out wide. Instant mismatch on a lb or safety and Vereen can go deep. There are ways to keep the colts guessing and honest. We need to make they pay a play or two and they won't be stacking for long.

[/QUOTE]

That will be great if they use him in the game plan.  In last seasons playoffs Vereen had a huge game vs the Texans, thought for sure he would be a big weapon vs the Ravens but the Pats didn't use him much.  The pats dropped the ball on that one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lol!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

YOu don't belong here. YOu're a fan from NY with the team in a totally different conference.

It's creepy you still post  here at this point.

[/QUOTE]

You ought to look up creepy.  Your obsession with Tebow's sex life is creepy.  Your obsession with little girls and their panties is creepy.  Your obsession with the sexuality of other BDC members is creepy.  You admitting that you keep notes on other BDC members is creepy. Are you seeing the pattern here?  You are creepy. Fans like 42 an myself that bludgeon you over and over again, well, perhaps we should re-examine the complete idiots that we associate with online.  

[/QUOTE]

BRAVO!! (stands and applauds)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

You ought to look up creepy. 

You should too given the number of usernames you've had on this board.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Lol!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Actually the post had nothing to do with Rusty and everything to do with crapping on a troll like you.

Maybe someone should start a troll thread every day. It will be like a sandbox for the orphanded children of teams not in the playoffs to play in while the adults who are fans of teams that are in the post season discuss tomorrows game.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You ought to look up creepy. 

[/QUOTE]

You should too given the number of usernames you've had on this board.

[/QUOTE]

Should we be sympathetic because him, Leon and the others have had nothing to discuss on their own team's boards since Thanksgiving?

Pats fans were nice enough to take in these poor orphaned fans for the holidays but they've worn oput their welcome

Sections
Shortcuts