MAZZ nails it... Pats lack of SIZE at receiver has hurt them in the playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Re: MAZZ nails it... Pats lack of SIZE at receiver has hurt them in the playoffs

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to coolade2's comment:

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Bingo, we never would have won any of those super bowls without donald hayes and his 6'2 frame cheering on Troy, Patton, Branch and Givens.

Lol!

um david givens was 6-0 and 212#...    Plus he played bigger.   he was physical and had the pipes.   He was strong.    

Sorry he doesn't support your argument.

So, 5'11 or 6'0 makes a huge difference in your argumant? Edelman is easily as big, plays as big, is as strong, blocks well, like Givens did.

Sorry, but the premise is a massive reach to squirm for another excuse as to why Brady struggles or has struggled leading our team in recent postsseason.

This is a pre-emptive strike by them so if NE loses to Indy, they can turn on BB the GM.

I've heard this crap before and it just doesn't add up.  This team had Moss in 2007 and played poorly on offense in the title game and SB.

It goes a lot deeper than this litany of deflecctionary attempts by the Brady Apologists.

I thought you were one who understood this? 

I see you're back to demonstrating your hypocrisy.  Just yesterday, you claimed that Ricahrdson was way to short to be a DE becasue he is 6'3", where Chandler was the perfect size at 6'4".  In fact, you claimed that inch was the reason why the Jets were poor in turnovers.   In that case, you really really thought that inch was critical.  Now, not so much.  How completely typically hypocritical of you.

Working from home today, Mr President?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: MAZZ nails it... Pats lack of SIZE at receiver has hurt them in the playoffs

Bingo, we never would have won any of those super bowls without donald hayes and his 6'2 frame cheering on Troy, Patton, Branch and Givens.

Lol!

um david givens was 6-0 and 212#...    Plus he played bigger.   he was physical and had the pipes.   He was strong.    

So, 5'11 or 6'0 makes a huge difference in your argumant? Edelman is easily as big, plays as big, is as strong, blocks well, like Givens did.

Sorry, but the premise is a massive reach to squirm for another excuse as to why Brady struggles or has struggled leading our team in recent postsseason.

This is a pre-emptive strike by them so if NE loses to Indy, they can turn on BB the GM.

I've heard this crap before and it just doesn't add up.  This team had Moss in 2007 and played poorly on offense in the title game and SB.

It goes a lot deeper than this litany of deflecctionary attempts by the Brady Apologists.

Yes .  6-0 212  with upper body strength will make a difference against a physical DB as opposed to a 5-9 or 5-10 guy who is skinnier.

I'm not making excuses for Brady.  But I would rather have a physical receiver on this team like a Boldin or a Vincent Jackson ( or even Quentin Sims) as opposed to another smallish guy like austin collie.   Nobody has answered the question of why  Sims was the next guy up on the practice squad in September and subsequently disappeared never to be considered again while other priorities and ather receivers (collie and that other new guy) are here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Lol!

if Indy is playing press man, you beat it with strength (givens at 212 vs Edelman at 195), speed, or quickness/release. I think Edelman is quick, kt has a good release, Danny a bit of both. 

Cmon Russ be genuine in your SB comments. How was the pass protection? Did the receivers have time to get open? I don't remember Brady sitting back and surveying the,field in that game Or having any reasonable amount of time to go through any progressions. Time to be honest when it comes to the passing game. It's as much on Brady as it is the oline protecting and receivers getting open. You can't separate the 3 when it comes to measuring its success.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Lol!

if Indy is playing press man, you beat it with strength (givens at 212 vs Edelman at 195), speed, or quickness/release. I think Edelman is quick, kt has a good release, Danny a bit of both. 

Cmon Russ be genuine in your SB comments. How was the pass protection? Did the receivers have time to get open? I don't remember Brady sitting back and surveying the,field in that game Or having any reasonable amount of time to go through any progressions. Time to be honest when it comes to the passing game. It's as much on Brady as it is the oline protecting and receivers getting open. You can't separate the 3 when it comes to measuring its success.

Brady prefers the shotgun and he paid for it iin SB 42. The O line is better when they aren't on their heels 46 times per game.

"I prefer the shotgun."  - Tom Brady WEEI 2010

So, Brady is the most to blame since they are catering to his wishes and preferences. 

Who was that great NFL QB that doesn't prefer being abld to see the field better? This just in. RBs prefer to be handed the ball. OLmen prefef to run block, WRs prefef to have the ball passed to them, returners prefer not to take a TB, LBs prefer to blitz. You are a moron.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Lol!

Brady prefers the shotgun and he paid for it iin SB 42. The O line is better when they aren't on their heels 46 times per game.

"I prefer the shotgun."  - Tom Brady WEEI 2010

So, Brady is the most to blame since they are catering to his wishes and preferences. 

I prefer steak over chicken. So what. Doesn't mean I eat it every night or can afford to do so. Brady prefers the shotgun, and bb, mcd let him play it. 

"My name is bb and I approve this message...."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Being predictably one dimentional has killed us for 10 years....then a simple but effective match up puts you in deep trouble.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

I THINK we can beat the Colts with Edelman, amendola, vareen, KT, hooman.

but yes... we will need DOBSON back for the AFCCG

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

The patriots reliance on small recievers has caused their offense to sputter in the playoffs.  Mazz listed all the leading receivers in recent years.   All big and 1 year it was a tight end.  Last year it was Boldin.

This isn't rocket science.  There is less room to throw the ball in the playoffs .  The defenses are better AND the referees tend to let the grabbing go  to an extent.

THEREFORE you need bigger targets that will fight for the ball in the air.  AKA a guy like Quentin Sims who was on the practice squad for a while and has since disappeared(inexplicably)in favor of AUSTIN frickn COLLIE.

Anybody else feeling this...?

Bellichick doesn't draft or sign WR any better than he does DB...not too well

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

He's found some pretty good DBs recently (Ryan, Dennard, DMC).  The Patriots haven't exactly spent a lot of draft resources at WR.  Not his strongest suit but certainly an overplayed angle imo.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Being predictably one dimentional has killed us for 10 years....then a simple but effective match up puts you in deep trouble.....

If the Colts are smart they will play the Patriots just like the Jets played the Pats a couple years ago in the playoffs....  Stack the box.  I am a bit worried not having that deep threat receiver could cause big problems for the Pats again.  If the Pats can't get the Colts to spread the field then I see big problems for the offense.  Not having Dobson hurts.  Hopefully Thompkins can get deep and help spread the field but Dobson would have been better for this.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

He's found some pretty good DBs recently (Ryan, Dennard, DMC).  The Patriots haven't exactly spent a lot of draft resources at WR.  Not his strongest suit but certainly an overplayed angle imo.

that could be fair...like u just said neither are his strong suit

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

2. If the shotgun is to "see the field better" why don't all QBs stand in the freaking formation at the same obsessive rate that Brady does?

They do:

I'm sure it's gone up even more.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

If the Colts are smart they will play the Patriots just like the Jets played the Pats a couple years ago in the playoffs....  Stack the box.  I am a bit worried not having that deep threat receiver could cause big problems for the Pats again.  If the Pats can't get the Colts to spread the field then I see big problems for the offense.  Not having Dobson hurts.  Hopefully Thompkins can get deep and help spread the field but Dobson would have been better for this.

They will  stack the box. I  just DON't think the colts are as physical as the jets.  Okay for the sake of bringing it up,  I will think the colts will try to jam edelman you would have to think Amendola can break loose a handful of times.. If this dude can'T BEAT PRESS COVERAGE or Jamming in the slot why did we sign him, and if Butler is on him even more.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

2. If the shotgun is to "see the field better" why don't all QBs stand in the freaking formation at the same obsessive rate that Brady does?

They do:

DO you have individual numbers by chance? Ok, so that is directly reflective of the passing league, the Chuck Rule emphasis by Polian for the 2004 season and on, and obviously GOodell coming in 2005/2006 to drive ratings.

More points = More Revenue

So, the intelligent people could have simply drawn a graph like that without even having the numbers.  

But, I'd like to see which QBs are in the shotgun the most per play. I'd be money Brady has been in the top 3 every year.

Just a guess .. BRADY- Manning- Brees its a passing format the NFL that is.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Stop saying "deep threat", Mr 2007 Bandwagon Moss fan. It's annoying. Thompkins ges deep, as does Edelman. I've seen it numerous times this year.

Are you blind?

The Colts defense SUCKS.  SUCKS.  If Brady comes like out like he's half asleep again, looks disinterested, thinking about his trip to Costa Rica with Welkie in a month, we'll lose.

Oh pipe down, forum troll.

You are delusional if you think any team fears Edelman getting deep on them, lol.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Don't enage the idiot. His GM just overpaid his QB and a slot WR and has had some weak drafts of late, while BB has not done those things.

His team has missed the playoffs TWO years in a row now, too, with a 3rd next year in cap hell.

No point in even addressing him. He's dumb.

zzzzzzzzzzz

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

They do:

of course they do just like the spread offense has gained popularity in recent years too but don't bother informing Russ of that either...besides we all know Brady runs the team anyway

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

They will  stack the box. I  just DON't think the colts are as physical as the jets.  Okay for the sake of bringing it up,  I will think the colts will try to jam edelman you would have to think Amendola can break loose a handful of times.. If this dude can'T BEAT PRESS COVERAGE or Jamming in the slot why did we sign him, and if Butler is on him even more.

I agree, the Colts aren't as physical as the Jets, thankfully.  Amendola has problems when he get pressed and jammed at the line, Edelman is a bit better at it but no where near as good as a bigger WR is, like Thompkins.  Thompkins will be key in this game. If he can get deep and make the Colts defense respect him then the Pats won't have many problems.  If they take Thompkins out and stack the box then it could be a long day for the us Pats fans.

Sections
Shortcuts