MB and Draftniks, What Position You Got at this point in the First, and what position in the second Round?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

MB and Draftniks, What Position You Got at this point in the First, and what position in the second Round?

Its early to know how our cb and safeties look (and what happens with chung).

and we didnt take any of teh great large # of receiver prospects last year.

but at this moment, i gotta figure we can use top o line and d line......

question 2:

what do you think of ot brennan williams
    og barrett jones
    nt jesse williams 
    safetly tony jefferson
    and cb justin gilbert

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: MB and Draftniks, What Position You Got at this point in the First, and what position in the second Round?

This is a tough one honestly. Well lets begin with what we don't have to draft early:

TE - Fells, Ballard, Gronk, Hern we should be able to get at least 3 from this group next year so no need to go early

QB - Brady still has some time though it might be good to look for his replacement. I do think they will keep either Mallett or Hoyer but not both. I expect them to grab a QB in the middle rounds

DE - If they stay in this sub closer to 43 type of D then they have Bequette, Jones, Nin, and even Francis is looking good. Though I'd look to add depth I wouldn't be looking early for depth

LB - As with DE you have Mayo, Hightower, and Spikes heading up the core with a couple of good depth guys but you can never have to much depth, just not early

SS - Chung, Wilson, and Ebner look like the future core at SS so I'm not sure you'd be looking at this particular S position

RB - They have already spent a number of high picks on RB's and after Maroney I think BB might be a bit gun shy with RB's

Positions I'd like to add to but maybe not in the first but would look at in the second:

C - A lot of people want a C early but that's just not what BB does. With Scar on the roster I think BB perfers to mold his C around his QB instead of a top end C already harden into his ways

T - Traditionally you don't find good T in the last half of the draft. Most of the top end T's are found in the top half. You could argue a top end RT but usually you can find good-great starting caliber RT's in the 2nd

CB - They have already invested so much with CB in early rounds and with Ras, McCourty, Dennard, and Moore likely forming the future core it might be a matter that you just can't squeeze in another high rough pick into the CB core

The positions I feel could be targeted in the 1st:

FS - Gregory looks good but you could always use a upgrade at FS. Ebner and Wilson look closer to the LB/SS player BB has been searching for but a ball hawking FS would be nice to have

G - Cannon might move inside or Wendell/McDonald/Thomas might be that guy but until we see more of them this season there is no one to replace Waters. I could see them taking a G high this next year

WR - Welker might be gone Lloyd and Gaffney are getting older and who knows what Hern is going to do so I'd be looking for a WR but I don't think BB will unless one drops into the late 1st

DT - This might be the position taken. If they are becoming more sub/43 then they could look to upgrade Love. BB loves to rotate his line and right now Fanene/Wilfork are the starters with question marks behind them

In the end though we don't need a lot. If a QB drops I can see them doing a Rogers type of situation but if I were to put money on it I would say that they are trading back. Most of there needs can be filled in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. That's where I see BB trying to move

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

Re: MB and Draftniks, What Position You Got at this point in the First, and what position in the second Round?

I'm a huge fan of Barrett Jones.  The guy can play all 5 positions along the line which BB will love.  I think Oline might be their biggest need.  If Waters comes back this year it's sure to be his last and we don't know how Vollmer's back will hold up and I believe it's his last year under contract.  Another guy to keep an eye on is Gabe Ikard from Oklahoma.  He played center and guard and was an academic all american.  Should be one of the top interior linemen coming out. 

The one WR I'm intrigued with this year is Keenan Allen.  However I'm sure we'd have to trade up quite a bit to get him though.  He's big, fast and is a good route runner.  I don't see BB trading up for a receiver though.  Ryan Swope could be a guy in 2nd or 3rd round to replace Welker. 

I like your pick of Jesse Williams at dtackle.  Big strong guy who is quick too.  Might need some time to mature as a football player.

It's really way to early to tell who will go in first or second round.  Every year some guys come out of nowhere and jump into the first round and some other guys drop bigtime. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

I think we need a big center. Connolly can take waters place we are paying him starter money and by next season he should be fine. We need a brusing c in the mold of mangold to protect brady and pave the road for our rbs

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: MB and Draftniks, What Position You Got at this point in the First, and what position in the second Round?:
    I think we need a big center. Connolly can take waters place we are paying him starter money and by next season he should be fine. We need a brusing c in the mold of mangold to protect brady and pave the road for our rbs
    Posted by natesubs

i love this idea. i know you were on it last year.
    but i think it depends on how badly we need a tackle (determined by this year)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: MB and Draftniks, What Position You Got at this point in the First, and what position in the second Round?:
    I'm a huge fan of Barrett Jones.  The guy can play all 5 positions along the line which BB will love.  I think Oline might be their biggest need.  If Waters comes back this year it's sure to be his last and we don't know how Vollmer's back will hold up and I believe it's his last year under contract.  Another guy to keep an eye on is Gabe Ikard from Oklahoma.  He played center and guard and was an academic all american.  Should be one of the top interior linemen coming out.  The one WR I'm intrigued with this year is Keenan Allen.  However I'm sure we'd have to trade up quite a bit to get him though.  He's big, fast and is a good route runner.  I don't see BB trading up for a receiver though.  Ryan Swope could be a guy in 2nd or 3rd round to replace Welker.  I like your pick of Jesse Williams at dtackle.  Big strong guy who is quick too.  Might need some time to mature as a football player. It's really way to early to tell who will go in first or second round.  Every year some guys come out of nowhere and jump into the first round and some other guys drop bigtime. 
    Posted by PatsNut5480

agreed, thats primarily why i asked abotu what position you want first, 2nd rd for fun....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

This is a tough one honestly. Well lets begin with what we don't have to draft early: TE - Fells, Ballard, Gronk, Hern we should be able to get at least 3 from this group next year so no need to go early QB - Brady still has some time though it might be good to look for his replacement. I do think they will keep either Mallett or Hoyer but not both. I expect them to grab a QB in the middle rounds DE - If they stay in this sub closer to 43 type of D then they have Bequette, Jones, Nin, and even Francis is looking good. Though I'd look to add depth I wouldn't be looking early for depth LB - As with DE you have Mayo, Hightower, and Spikes heading up the core with a couple of good depth guys but you can never have to much depth, just not early SS - Chung, Wilson, and Ebner look like the future core at SS so I'm not sure you'd be looking at this particular S position RB - They have already spent a number of high picks on RB's and after Maroney I think BB might be a bit gun shy with RB's Positions I'd like to add to but maybe not in the first but would look at in the second: C - A lot of people want a C early but that's just not what BB does. With Scar on the roster I think BB perfers to mold his C around his QB instead of a top end C already harden into his ways T - Traditionally you don't find good T in the last half of the draft. Most of the top end T's are found in the top half. You could argue a top end RT but usually you can find good-great starting caliber RT's in the 2nd CB - They have already invested so much with CB in early rounds and with Ras, McCourty, Dennard, and Moore likely forming the future core it might be a matter that you just can't squeeze in another high rough pick into the CB core The positions I feel could be targeted in the 1st: FS - Gregory looks good but you could always use a upgrade at FS. Ebner and Wilson look closer to the LB/SS player BB has been searching for but a ball hawking FS would be nice to have G - Cannon might move inside or Wendell/McDonald/Thomas might be that guy but until we see more of them this season there is no one to replace Waters. I could see them taking a G high this next year WR - Welker might be gone Lloyd and Gaffney are getting older and who knows what Hern is going to do so I'd be looking for a WR but I don't think BB will unless one drops into the late 1st DT - This might be the position taken. If they are becoming more sub/43 then they could look to upgrade Love. BB loves to rotate his line and right now Fanene/Wilfork are the starters with question marks behind them In the end though we don't need a lot. If a QB drops I can see them doing a Rogers type of situation but if I were to put money on it I would say that they are trading back. Most of there needs can be filled in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. That's where I see BB trying to move
    Posted by PatsEng

PE, what it do, man?

Solid assessment and I agree with most of it... what I would add is while BB hasn't moved on a C high in the draft, he was rumored to be interested in Eric Wood in Rd 1 of the 2009 draft before eventually trading out... not saying they'll take a C that high, but I don't think it's out of the question.

Below is a quick and early list of (5) players that I think could be targeted in Rd 1:

DT- Jesse Williams- 6-3 320- Alabama
    S- Robert Lester- 6-2 215- Alabama
    OL- Barret Jones- 6-4 305- Alabama
    TE- Tyler Eifert- 6-5 260- Notre Dame
    S- Eric Reid- 6-2 215- LSU

I'm sure some will question the Eifert projection, but this kid has the size and skill set to play all over an offense... inline, slot, out wide... etc. and would be just another huge match-up nightmare for defenders to account for... I also think it's more likely they move on a TE than a WR this high in the draft.

I also wanna unveil my "player that I'll likely talk up the most this draft season"... of course this is subject to change as more info/tape becomes available.

Kid has decent size, excellent movement ability and instincts... is the coach on the field, plays physical and has a ton of experience... prob a Day 2 kid at this point.

S- John Boyett- 5-10 205 Oregon.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Hello guys nice to see you talking draft! Who are the top 5 QB's? This is one of the areas BB will likely target in next years draft,also O-line as usual. For the first time in awhile BB fooled everyone when he traded up not once but twice too address his teams need too improve their front seven,but he also did something which he's never done before he drafted all but one player on Defense! Though he got excellent value on his first two picks in Jones and Hightower,his 3rd,6th and 7th round picks of Bequette,Ebner and Dennard might actually have been his best selections. So with that said his next draft might be all offense and trading down to stockpile future picks,but if the best O-lineman or a stud QB falls into his lap watch the smile on his face...You know the smile I'm talking about the one where the corner of his mouth barely moves but you know he's just dying to let out his bigarse grin!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Jones if available , Lester if not. And MB continues with ND players. I might even trade down if I am BB. IMO Jones has more versatility than Wood ever had (RT,G, C). he might not be at picks 25-32. Did Wood go to the Bills in the 1st or 2nd round? If the Pats could trade down and still get Jones that would be awesome. Not counting my chickens just yet......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: MB and Draftniks, What Position You Got at this point in the First, and what position in the second Round? : PE, what it do, man? Solid assessment and I agree with most of it... what I would add is while BB hasn't moved on a C high in the draft, he was rumored to be interested in Eric Wood in Rd 1 of the 2009 draft before eventually trading out... not saying they'll take a C that high, but I don't think it's out of the question. Below is a quick and early list of (5) players that I think could be targeted in Rd 1: DT- Jesse Williams- 6-3 320- Alabama S- Robert Lester- 6-2 215- Alabama OL- Barret Jones- 6-4 305- Alabama TE- Tyler Eifert- 6-5 260- Notre Dame S- Eric Reid- 6-2 215- LSU I'm sure some will question the Eifert projection, but this kid has the size and skill set to play all over an offense... inline, slot, out wide... etc. and would be just another huge match-up nightmare for defenders to account for... I also think it's more likely they move on a TE than a WR this high in the draft. I also wanna unveil my "player that I'll likely talk up the most this draft season"... of course this is subject to change as more info/tape becomes available. Kid has decent size, excellent movement ability and instincts... is the coach on the field, plays physical and has a ton of experience... prob a Day 2 kid at this point. S- John Boyett- 5-10 205 Oregon.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

i have lester and reid for s prsopects. another top s candidate for me is tj mcdonald. not completely sure yet, but from what i saw last year, i thought he has ability to cover a bigger area than reid. fearless and will fight for the ball.

on my safety watch also are..

kenny tate and ray armstrong - just because they're tall (6'4"), may come in handy against tall WRs 

tony jefferson - average size, but fearless also
    eddie whitley - supposedly one of the faster safeties in college

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: MB and Draftniks, What Position You Got at this point in the First, and what position in the second Round? : i have lester and reid for s prsopects. another top s candidate for me is tj mcdonald. not completely sure yet, but from what i saw last year, i thought he has ability to cover a bigger area than reid. fearless and will fight for the ball. on my safety watch also are.. kenny tate and ray armstrong - just because they're tall (6'4"), may come in handy against tall WRs  tony jefferson - average size, but fearless also eddie whitley - supposedly one of the faster safeties in college
    Posted by seattlepat70

Yes, McDonald is def on the short list, I also like Kenny Vaccaro.  Tate was moved to OLB at Maryland, but could be an intriguing hybrid type to keep an eye on.  I believe Whitley signed as a URFA with Dallas as a rookie this year... came out int he 2012 draft.  Florida S Matt Elam is another kid to keep an eye on.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: MB and Draftniks, What Position You Got at this point in the First, and what position in the second Round? : Yes, McDonald is def on the short list, I also like Kenny Vaccaro.  Tate was moved to OLB at Maryland, but could be an intriguing hybrid type to keep an eye on.  I believe Whitley signed as a URFA with Dallas as a rookie this year... came out int he 2012 draft.  Florida S Matt Elam is another kid to keep an eye on.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

u r right about whitley. i guess my list is a bit outdated now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: MB and Draftniks, What Position You Got at this point in the First, and what position in the second Round? : PE, what it do, man? Solid assessment and I agree with most of it... what I would add is while BB hasn't moved on a C high in the draft, he was rumored to be interested in Eric Wood in Rd 1 of the 2009 draft before eventually trading out... not saying they'll take a C that high, but I don't think it's out of the question. Below is a quick and early list of (5) players that I think could be targeted in Rd 1: DT- Jesse Williams- 6-3 320- Alabama S- Robert Lester- 6-2 215- Alabama OL- Barret Jones- 6-4 305- Alabama TE- Tyler Eifert- 6-5 260- Notre Dame S- Eric Reid- 6-2 215- LSU I'm sure some will question the Eifert projection, but this kid has the size and skill set to play all over an offense... inline, slot, out wide... etc. and would be just another huge match-up nightmare for defenders to account for... I also think it's more likely they move on a TE than a WR this high in the draft. I also wanna unveil my "player that I'll likely talk up the most this draft season"... of course this is subject to change as more info/tape becomes available. Kid has decent size, excellent movement ability and instincts... is the coach on the field, plays physical and has a ton of experience... prob a Day 2 kid at this point. S- John Boyett- 5-10 205 Oregon.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

hey MB,

hows the summer going?

The guys I'm watching this year so far are:

Robert Lester FS - no doubt here

Tyrann Mathieu CB/FS - this kid is one that might be the most intriguing to me. He's a bit on the smaller size which might let him fall to the back end of the 1st round but this kid has better football instincts and more football intelligence then Lester. He seems like a typical BB type of move given versatility to play CB/FS and football instincts/intelligence

Devin Taylor DE/OLB - You can never have to many pass rushers. Imagine having a young core of Bequette, Jones, Hightower, Spikes, Mayo, and Taylor. Now that's fearsome

Jesse Williams DT - Kid didn't start playing until he was 15 and is still coming into his own. His potential is very high and he has the size to play next to Wilfork and rotate with Fanene. He'd be a good addition

Andre Debose WR - He might not even come out next year but the kid got the best of both Claiborne and Kirkpatrick so he has some ability. He'll be interesting to watch. Not to mention he is from Florida so there is a connection there

Justin Hunter WR - He's very interesting he had top 20 potential with good size, great hands, and more then average speed but tore his ACL. He'd be another in a long line of ACL recovering WR's BB takes because they drop further then were they should have been taken. He'd be interesting to watch

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: MB and Draftniks, What Position You Got at this point in the First, and what position in the second Round? : hey MB, hows the summer going? The guys I'm watching this year so far are: Robert Lester FS - no doubt here Tyrann Mathieu CB/FS - this kid is one that might be the most intriguing to me. He's a bit on the smaller size which might let him fall to the back end of the 1st round but this kid has better football instincts and more football intelligence then Lester. He seems like a typical BB type of move given versatility to play CB/FS and football instincts/intelligence Devin Taylor DE/OLB - You can never have to many pass rushers. Imagine having a young core of Bequette, Jones, Hightower, Spikes, Mayo, and Taylor. Now that's fearsome Jesse Williams DT - Kid didn't start playing until he was 15 and is still coming into his own. His potential is very high and he has the size to play next to Wilfork and rotate with Fanene. He'd be a good addition Andre Debose WR - He might not even come out next year but the kid got the best of both Claiborne and Kirkpatrick so he has some ability. He'll be interesting to watch. Not to mention he is from Florida so there is a connection there Justin Hunter WR - He's very interesting he had top 20 potential with good size, great hands, and more then average speed but tore his ACL. He'd be another in a long line of ACL recovering WR's BB takes because they drop further then were they should have been taken. He'd be interesting to watch
    Posted by PatsEng

Things are good man... can't wait for fall (which is by far my fav season)... hope all is well with you.

Taylor is def an intriguing cat, love his length and athleticism... would look awesome across from Chandler... was hoping he'd come out last year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: MB and Draftniks, What Position You Got at this point in the First, and what position in the second Round? : Things are good man... can't wait for fall (which is by far my fav season)... hope all is well with you. Taylor is def an intriguing cat, love his length and athleticism... would look awesome across from Chandler... was hoping he'd come out last year.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

I hoped he would too. I think we would have taken him over Bequette if he was available

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: MB and Draftniks, What Position You Got at this point in the First, and what position in the second Round? : I hoped he would too. I think we would have taken him over Bequette if he was available
    Posted by PatsEng

I'd agree, think he represents more versatility... believe I had him mocked to NE in Rd 3 before he decided to come back... another kid to watch is Michael Buchanan from Illinois, the kid I thought was better than Mercilus last season when evaluating Whitney on tape... really like his length (6-6 240 list), was active, showed more awareness than Mercilus and got off the ball well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

5'8" CB with Salsa hips.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

BAS

Best Available Samoan

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

page errror: 
       patsengs writeup with my comments in red between:

This is a tough one honestly. Well lets begin
     with what we don't have to draft early:

TE - Fells, Ballard, Gronk, Hern we should
    be able to get at least 3 from this group
    next year so no need to go early

QB - Brady still has some time though it
     might be good to look for his replacement.
     I do think they will keep either Mallett or
    Hoyer but not both. I expect them to grab
    a QB in the middle rounds

agreed. this is back burner after ot, dt
    (future wilfork lite), and a starting cb

DE - If they stay in this sub closer to 43 type
     of D then they have Bequette, Jones, Nin,
    and even Francis is looking good. Though
     I'd look to add depth I wouldn't be looking
    early for depth

with the # of picks we have, unless all our
     des arent panning out im not sure i go here.

LB - As with DE you have Mayo, Hightower,
    and Spikes heading up the core with a couple
     of good depth guys but you can never have
     to much depth, just not early

i hear you

SS - Chung, Wilson, and Ebner look like the
    future core at SS so I'm not sure you'd be l
    ooking at this particular S position

i too hope we are set with gregory, wilson,
    ebner (im not sure about chung as the pats
     may not value him [esp given the injury
    history] at what he can get on the market

RB - They have already spent a number
    of high picks on RB's and after Maroney I
    think BB might be a bit gun shy with RB's

only if he sees something in udfa

Positions I'd like to add to but maybe not in
     the first but would look at in the second:

C - A lot of people want a C early but that's
     just not what BB does. With Scar on the
    roster I think BB perfers to mold his C
    around his QB instead of a top end C
    already harden into his ways

would love to have a great center (spoke to
     this in jast draft) but priority will depend on
     how our tackles do this year. tackle might be
     a hihger need, i'll have ot wait and see on
     my opinon here.

T - Traditionally you don't find good T in the
     last half of the draft. Most of the top end T's
     are found in the top half. You could argue
     a top end RT but usually you can find
    good-great starting caliber RT's in the 2nd

already covered

CB - They have already invested so much
    with CB in early rounds and with Ras,
    McCourty, Dennard, and Moore likely
     forming the future core it might be a
    matter that you just can't squeeze in
    another high rough pick into the CB core

i think you need 3 good cbs to have a
     good de in this league. im hoping by
    the end of the year we have one. my
     hunch is we may need a 2nd starter
    in draft or fa (to upgrade). if these guys
    come on, maybe we dont. we'll see this year

The positions I feel could be targeted in
    the 1st:

FS - Gregory looks good but you could
    always use a upgrade at FS. Ebner and
    Wilson look closer to the LB/SS player BB
     has been searching for but a ball hawking
     FS would be nice to have

i wanted a cover safety last year and was
     thining lester. he ended up not coming out
    . this year im hopinggregory stays healthy
    and we dont heed one. sure id like ot have
     a top cover safety, but with the # of picks
    and priorities, im not sure i woudl focus here

G - Cannon might move inside or
    Wendell/McDonald/Thomas might be that
     guy but until we see more of them this
     season there is no one to replace Waters.
     I could see them taking a G high this next year

im hoping we dont need to go here in the
     offseson.

WR - Welker might be gone Lloyd and
    Gaffney are getting older and who knows
    what Hern is going to do so I'd be looking
    for a WR but I don't think BB will unless one
    drops into the late 1st

id like to gt younger and bigger at wr. really
    wanted to do so last year with the unusually
     high # of goo receivers who came out. that
     being said, t or c, dt, and cb i may have
    higher need in the first 3 pciks we have

DT - This might be the position taken. If they
     are becoming more sub/43 then they could
     look to upgrade Love. BB loves to rotate his
     line and right now Fanene/Wilfork are the
    starters with question marks behind them

exaclty how i see it

In the end though we don't need a lot. If a
    QB drops I can see them doing a Rogers
    type of situation but if I were to put money
     on it I would say that they are trading back.
     Most of there needs can be filled in the
     2nd and 3rd rounds. That's where I see BB
     trying to move

yeah you know he hates not having a full
    compliment of picks :)
    eventually we will need to be looking for
    that qb for the future.

very thorough eng.
    thanks much for the work and contribution.
    by the way, at this juncture, in hindsight, do
    you thin the mallet pick paid off (using a 3rd
    on a qb instead of another need) in value,
    what we get in trade or if mallet ever ends
     up on the field for us (and i know its too soon).
    your take at this juncture.

ciao

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Supposed to be a good Draft in the Safeties Position. Always was an advocate at Drafting Best Available, and stay away Drafting for need.
    Posted by bobbysu

+1

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

do you thin the mallet pick paid off (using a 3rd on a qb instead of another need) in value, what we get in trade or if mallet ever ends  up on the field for us (and i know its too soon). your take at this juncture. ciao
    Posted by bredbru

You know I didn't like the Mallett pick from the beginning just because I didn't like Mallett's playing style. I don't like strong arm gunslingers because they take way to many chances and don't often succeed in the league now a days. I prefer game managers first and foremost, that being said Mallett at times has shown flashes of 1st round talent and getting him in the mid 3rd could be a steal.

Additionally we are talking about hindsight so we can go back and look at all the people the Pats passed up on to take Mallett. When going through it you can eliminate all RB's (since they already drafted 2) and G's (because of Waters) there are a couple of names I wanted but no one really stands out as doing anything their rook year. So, in the end Mallett has higher upside and is currently on par for production with the other picks surrounding him all in all it was a pretty decent pick and worth the gamble even if he doesn't work out

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: MB and Draftniks, What Position You Got at this point in the First, and what position in the second Round? : You know I didn't like the Mallett pick from the beginning just because I didn't like Mallett's playing style. I don't like strong arm gunslingers because they take way to many chances and don't often succeed in the league now a days. I prefer game managers first and foremost, that being said Mallett at times has shown flashes of 1st round talent and getting him in the mid 3rd could be a steal. Additionally we are talking about hindsight so we can go back and look at all the people the Pats passed up on to take Mallett. When going through it you can eliminate all RB's (since they already drafted 2) and G's (because of Waters) there are a couple of names I wanted but no one really stands out as doing anything their rook year. So, in the end Mallett has higher upside and is currently on par for production with the other picks surrounding him all in all it was a pretty decent pick and worth the gamble even if he doesn't work out
    Posted by PatsEng

thanks for weighing in. so worth the risk at the time, but even in hindsight, noithing you can think of might of been better.
    i hope hes good enough in the future for us to get something really nice back

i dont know if he will ever be as smooth mentally to be a top qb in the league for us. gone over the late and poor decisionmaking, intermittant accuracy etc etc we'll see.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Never too early to start draft talks. Keeps college football interesting. Although constantly evolving threw the whole season we have to start some where.

With our first all though I feel by mid season he will be out of our reach, I would like to see a book end de to match with Jones. That being William Gholston, Michigan st. 6'6 278

Or possibly Margus Hunt de, 6'7, 288.

With our second pick I would like to see an up grade at Center, possibly with Khaled Holmes 6'3, 310 which may require a slight move up.

Its always fun to see how the team needs shift from pre to post season, as well as how the prospects move around the draft charts.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Never too early to start draft talks. Keeps college football interesting. Although constantly evolving threw the whole season we have to start some where. With our first all though I feel by mid season he will be out of our reach, I would like to see a book end de to match with Jones. That being William Gholston, Michigan st. 6'6 278 Or possibly Margus Hunt de, 6'7, 288. With our second pick I would like to see an up grade at Center, possibly with Khaled Holmes 6'3, 310 which may require a slight move up. Its always fun to see how the team needs shift from pre to post season, as well as how the prospects move around the draft charts.
    Posted by part-timer

I'd like to see Bequette first but I think Devin Taylor would be a perfect end to compliment Jones if he can add 15lbs. He's great in coverage and has some advanced pass rushing techniques. With Jones and Taylor being able to either drop back to cover or rush that would confuse the heck out of OL's

Sections
Shortcuts