McCourtney fined for hit during Packers game...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

McCourtney fined for hit during Packers game...

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/

... Wilfork too.

pathetic

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: McCourtney fined for hit during Packers game...

In Response to McCourtney fined for hit during Packers game...:
    http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/ ... Wilfork too. pathetic
    Posted by expertmike

Beyond pathetic, Mike...borderline criminal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

This was brought up in the Goodell thread, but I'll repeat what I said there, here. This is just the commissioner backing up his incompetent officials. With the benefit of replay, it should be clear enough to league officials that any helmet-to-helmet contact on the McCourty hit was purely incidental and a direct result of the receiver going into his tuck to take the whack (it's worth noting -- if you look at the replay -- that McCourty did not knock the ball loose. The receiver dropped it because he knew he was lined up and he was about to get killed. That's why he lowered his head and that's what caused the incidental contact).

The Wilfork fine is simply ridiculous. How you can look at the obvious off-setting fouls on that play and only flag (and fine) one guy is beyond ludicrous. That the league offices have the benefit of time and extensive replay footage, and yet continue to uphold these moronic on-field decisions, is simply a function of the commissioner refusing to admit that his part-time officials ever get anything wrong. Goodell is effectively robbing players of their hard-earned money because he's too stubborn to admit that a larger portion of his officiating crews is barely competent.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Where's the Sanchez fine for damn near taking off Jermaine Cunningham's head, in probably the worst face mask penalty I have seen in 20 years.

Actually, it wasn't called a penalty, which is a joke, too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: McCourtney fined for hit during Packers game...:
    Where's the Sanchez fine for damn near taking off Jermaine Cunningham's head, in probably the worst face mask penalty I have seen in 20 years. Actually, it wasn't called a penalty, which is a joke, too.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4

This is exactly my point, right here. If the officials throw a flag, it doesn't matter what the replay actually shows -- the league is issuing a fine.

If it's not called -- and particularly if it involves one of the league's chosen people (or teams), they don't even look at it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Putrid and pathetic...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Opinions-R-Us. Show Opinions-R-Us's posts

The league s**ks with Goodell as commish. It definitely would not be worth watching if it wasn't for the Patriots!!  A true pro team w/o trash talking thugs!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

The league s**ks with Goodell as commish. It definitely would not be worth watching if it wasn't for the Patriots!!  A true pro team w/o trash talking thugs!!
    Posted by Opinions-R-Us

Gee, I thought I was the only one who can't stomach watching any team except the Pats. They seem so stupid and predictable. It's rare that they'll have enough players do something right on the same play to have any success. Winning is a matter of the opponent sucking more.

We are so lucky to have these Pats.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Opinions-R-Us. Show Opinions-R-Us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McCourtney fined for hit during Packers game... : Gee, I thought I was the only one who can't stomach watching any team except the Pats. They seem so stupid and predictable. It's rare that they'll have enough players do something right on the same play to have any success. Winning is a matter of the opponent sucking more. We are so lucky to have these Pats.
    Posted by expertmike[/QUOTE

Amen! All other teams are meaningless to me... go Patriots!  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Where's the Sanchez fine for damn near taking off Jermaine Cunningham's head, in probably the worst face mask penalty I have seen in 20 years. Actually, it wasn't called a penalty, which is a joke, too.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4

I started a thread about that a couple of weeks ago and was basically laughed off the board. Told there are different rules for quarterbacks. When I asked what section of the rule book I could find them in I was told the section titled "who gives a sh**." Also told that "Cunningham is a big boy and he can take it."  And these were Pat's fans not Jet's fans. Didn't think it was too funny, myself but I let it go. My thought at the time was that even big boys can have their necks broken.

Edit: As for the the McCourty fine, I'd say that Hoch(ptui)uli deserves to be fined for improper use of a replay in making his decision to throw a flag twenty seconds after the play was over.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Goodell deserves a swift kick in the nads and permanent ban from anything relating to the NFL.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: McCourtney fined for hit during Packers game... : I started a thread about that a couple of weeks ago and was basically laughed off the board. Told there are different rules for quarterbacks. When I asked what section of the rule book I could find them in I was told the section titled "who gives a sh**." Also told that "Cunningham is a big boy and he can take it."  And these were Pat's fans not Jet's fans. Didn't think it was too funny, myself but I let it go. My thought at the time was that even big boys can have their necks broken.
    Posted by antibody

Hey antibody,

Sorry, didn't see the thread...if I had, I would have been your wing man.
    Cool

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: McCourtney fined for hit during Packers game... : Hey antibody, Sorry, didn't see the thread...if I had, I would have been your wing man.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4

Thanks for your support.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Goodell deserves a swift kick in the nads and permanent ban from anything relating to the NFL.
    Posted by vertigho

I call first in line for the nad kicking, can I back smack his stupid face too?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from iclaudius. Show iclaudius's posts

Why are these Commissioner jobs lifetime appointments, anyway?
    Who is protecting his a$s? It MUST be Woody Johnson. He is the ultimate beneficiary of almost all of the suspect actions by Goodell. Is there anything other than sinister in that arrangement?

In the entire world of football, is Roger Goodell the best we could do? Really?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

When I saw the replay of he McCourtey hit I was afraid he'd get fined for it even though the helmet to helmet was more caused by the receiver than McC, as p-mike points out.

How they could have come up with the Wilfork facemask infraction as fine-worthy is really a head-scratcher.

The Commissioner can make all the tv appearances he wants, the criteria for determining what is and is not deserving of a fine certainly appears to defy comprehension. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to McCourtney fined for hit during Packers game...:
    http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/ ... Wilfork too. pathetic
    Posted by expertmike

LOL, It's McCourty

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

In Response to Re: McCourtney fined for hit during Packers game... : This is exactly my point, right here. If the officials throw a flag, it doesn't matter what the replay actually shows -- the league is issuing a fine. If it's not called -- and particularly if it involves one of the league's chosen people (or teams), they don't even look at it.
    Posted by p-mike

Totally agree - of course the league was going to fine McCourty for that "hit" - to not fine him would have unleashed the media hounds on Hochuli for using the stadium big screen to call the foul in the first place

Remember all - this is the same commissioner who has been dragging azz on the Brett Farve issue for weeks when he had no problem doling out the punishment to Ben Roethlisberger(whom I hate along with every other whiny Steeler) immediately this summer

Remember - this deal with Farve happened while he was with the Jets - no way is Goodell going to hurt that franchise in any way - if Farve's deal had happened while with Minnesota Goodell would have ruled long ago

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

McCourty should appeal that fine.  I don't know what the appeals process is, but if it is only the league, then he should take the league to civil court so that he can bring in football experts to back his case.  He should then also sue the league, and Goodell speciifically, for defamation of character since this fine labels him as a "dirty player".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

As they say here in Miami....Basura.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to McCourtney fined for hit during Packers game... : LOL, It's McCourty
    Posted by kansaspatriot

Between that and "loose" v.s. "lose" I am not sure which is worse.

Sections
Shortcuts