McCourty All-Pro?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

McCourty All-Pro?

Someone name one other safety playing like this guy! He's the one guy we can't afford to lose on defense. 

We'll need him against deep ball Pitt.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: McCourty All-Pro?

Possibly.  I like him so much, I keep hoping we find a way to get his twin brother on the team.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

DMC is having a monster year.  Doing a lot of great things that won't show up in the stat sheet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

McCourty making himself a lot of money this year....hope the Pats find a way to sign him. Lots of teams with money next year, and lots of teams need S's...including the Jets

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

McCourty making himself a lot of money this year....hope the Pats find a way to sign him. Lots of teams with money next year, and lots of teams need S's...including the Jets

I think we'll be able to keep him.  By the time he becomes FA, Hernandez's dead money will be gone and Vince's contract is off the books although we'll have to lock up Solder as well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

I think we'll be able to keep him.  By the time he becomes FA, Hernandez's dead money will be gone and Vince's contract is off the books although we'll have to lock up Solder as well.

I keep hearing that the team would like to re do Vince and he is willing to give a team friendly deal this time around...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I keep hearing that the team would like to re do Vince and he is willing to give a team friendly deal this time around...

This would make sense given this his cap hit is pretty large next year and the team would save a lot by cutting him outright (although I'm not sure how this vibes with injury rules).  I imagine it all depends on how his rehab goes.  Vince is one of my favorites (as I'm sure he is for a lot of fans) so if he's willing to do what it takes to stay with the team now that he's made his money I'm all for it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

Someone name one other safety playing like this guy! He's the one guy we can't afford to lose on defense. 

We'll need him against deep ball Pitt.

Based on what? You dont see safeties much if they are doing their job. For the most part I would say yes, he is doing his job. He has shown up the past few weeks. The first few weeks Gregory outplayed him and looked to be more valuble. Guess what? I like it that way. BB likes his Safeties to be interchangable so one may do this one week and the next week, may be the other. So in the last 2 weeks, he broke up a play in the endzone and tapped a INT to a player. Im sorry but watching ALL of the NFL, he hasnt stood out all year to warrant all pro. Not even close, but who cares? You want him to price himself out our market?

He is a free safety. in weeks earlier he was late on helping a few times. He has bulked up to play safety and lost a lil speed and so when he plays CB a little like last game, he has to play physical. I like him. He is a smart player. I like him for this system but I wouldnt pick him close to 1st if starting a team for my FS. There are playmakers out there like T.J. Ward. Eric Berry.  Aaron Williams, Bethea still playing at a high level. Wether by desigin or just him, his play has not stood out as much as others. Like I said, not a slight on him, but he is way back playing 2 deep too much to be an all-pro. He hasnt been put in position to be a playmaker. NOt his fault  but he is doing his job,yes. All -Pro!?  No

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I've said since his 2nd year that FS was more of a natural position for him given his abilities. It was a great move to play up to his strengths and move him back there

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I'll say no...respectfully though...I still think he's heading back to corner.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I dont have a lot of insight as tohow he is used as GS in BB's system vs others

But

It seenm to me that in past yrs Brady targeted the safties more than the corner

pr they effected him more - He went after a lot of safties and he was more worried about Reid

and no much Polumalu. I think my p[oint is taht the Fs must have cover skills and most importantly be in the right place at the right time. This McCourty does well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

I'll say no...respectfully though...I still think he's heading back to corner.

I think he's shown more consistency as a S and (gasp!) it looks like between Dennard and Ryan BB has a couple of young CBs that could be here for a while.  If Talib goes?  Maybe he goes back to CB.   

Sections
Shortcuts