McCourty-Do we really need another corner?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

McCourty-Do we really need another corner?

if we had great pass rushers the corners we have now probably would play real well.we are stacked in our secondary,and i think we could have gotten this kid in the second round.we need pass rushers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/23/devin-mccourty-has-already-watched-film-with-bill-belichick/ the dude isnt even projected to be a starter.and could have been drafted in the 2nd rd.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Re: McCourty who?

I'm very cool on this pick too.  I had to do a little looking up on the guy and he seems like a good player.  But I thought we had other more pressing needs and CB just doesn't seem to fit.  Rick Gosselin had him going in the 1st round.  I have more confidence in Rick than I do with the guys at profootballtalk.  Their spin on news and rumors is fun but the have absolutely no clue on talent. 

With all the nickel and dime packages out there we will see him out on the field some.  I like the idea of him learning the pro game for a year anyway.  He will end up being one of those 4 down backs because he returns punts.

I have always had doubts about Kindle.  The numbers don't jive.  Something like only 6 sacks but got credited with 20 something hurries?  That just doesn't make any sense.

I think one of the 2nd rounders get traded.  The 3rd and 4th rounds have a lot of value in them.  I would just like a feel good pick. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

It's not exactly an awful pick, but we could have gotten him (or someone close) in the 2nd round and got a bonifide starter with this pick.

Character issues aside, I would not have left Dez Bryant on the table; having him opposite Moss would have caused teams fits.

That really says something about what Bill thinks of his locker room leadership now. In the days of Willie, Rodney and Tedy we could have picked him, knowing the vets would keep him in line.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

In Response to Re: McCourty who?:
    It's not exactly an awful pick, but we could have gotten him (or someone close) in the 2nd round and got a bonifide starter with this pick. Character issues aside, I would not have left Dez Bryant on the table; having him opposite Moss would have caused teams fits. That really says something about what Bill thinks of his locker room leadership now. In the days of Willie, Rodney and Tedy we could have picked him, knowing the vets would keep him in line.
    Posted by jedinate
    I agree.we could have gotten the corner later.not to mention moss hasnt gotten a contract extension.so most likely he will be gone next year,and we have no one close to him to take his place.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I'm wondering where all this "he's only a special teamer" nonsense is coming from?

The kid played in 52 games at Rutgers with 39 starts at CB.

The kid has decent size, great speed, quickness and lateral agility, is smart (academic all conference), good instincts, physical, good tackler, projects as an ideal fit for NE's zone scheme, not to mention his ability on special teams.

Below are some stats that I found interesting on him:

"In his last 39 games, the opposition managed to complete just 35.20 percent of the passes thrown into his area (88-of-250) for 684 yards and just two scores, as they averaged 7.77 yards per pass completion and 2.75 yards per pass attempt … During that span, McCourty defended 33 passes (six thefts, 27 deflections) and rerouted his main pass coverage assignments, preventing them from getting to 148 other throws.."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

nothing wrong with the kid,except we could have gotten him in the 2nd rd.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: McCourty who?:
    nothing wrong with the kid,except we could have gotten him in the 2nd rd.
    Posted by mosseffectredux

Based on what? 

BB has already stated that McCourty was the kid they wanted at 22, however they knew they could trade down a bit and still take him.  The net of things is they landed the kid they wanted while picking up a 3rd rounder.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BXBoston. Show BXBoston's posts

Yea 1 intercerption all of last year. Should've went with Kyle Wilson.