McCourty has game ending tacle on 1 yard line!!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

McCourty has game ending tacle on 1 yard line!!!!!!!!!

This guy is by far the biggest dissapoinment on our D so far. Not only does he give up a 29 yard pass on the final drive HE TACKLES F.JACKSON ON THE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT I LIKE OUR CHANCES WITH 1:46 ON THE CLOCK TO GO NO HUDDLE AND BRADY PICK THEM APART. McCourty's tackle was just another ROOKIE mistake for a 2nd year player.................oh yeah did you like his tackle on the V Wilfork int,that could of cost us points!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

Re: McCourty has game ending tacle on 1 yard line!!!!!!!!!

In Response to McCourty has game ending tacle on 1 yard line!!!!!!!!!:
    This guy is by far the biggest dissapoinment on our D so far. Not only does he give up a 29 yard pass on the final drive HE TACKLES F.JACKSON ON THE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT I LIKE OUR CHANCES WITH 1:46 ON THE CLOCK TO GO NO HUDDLE AND BRADY PICK THEM APART. McCourty's tackle was just another ROOKIE mistake for a 2nd year player.................oh yeah did you like his tackle on the V Wilfork int,that could of cost us points!
    Posted by patriots1a2

I agree, he should have let him score giving us time on the clock. He is terrible this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

What was his Wonderlic score?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Its just instinctive to make the tackle. You an opposing player run up and youre gonna go for the tackle. Most players would make that play....

Reminds me of 09 when they shouldve just let Addai run in for the score though...when you know you cant stop a nose bleed, just let em go in

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

McCourty is a real mess right now but I think it was just bad luck on that play. It's hard to expect a player to purposefully let someone score in that situation. He's thinking of making the tackle, or get a turnover. It seems they missed a lot of tackles on that play and the one we wished they would have missed they made. Even if McCourty misses that tackle the Pats were in trouble. Buffalo had a ton of confidence and the Pats would have needed to score seven and win the coin toss because I do not believe that our defense would have held them to three.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

DMC is our #3 DB right now.... :(

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to McCourty has game ending tacle on 1 yard line!!!!!!!!!:
    Posted by patriots1a2

It was a really stupid play ... not a play you expect from a Patriot. It stinks because if there were 17 more seconds on the clock, it isn't reviewed. 

Gotta love the fear and respect they show Brady by kneeling on the ball instead of going for the TD. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toocool9090. Show toocool9090's posts

If he didn't make that tackle the other idiot on the goal line would have.

The whole time I was screaming to let the guy score...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I swear, AS the play was happening I was screaming let him go. First time Ive been upset that an opponents td got overturned. It just goes to show you even in football the most important muscle is the brain.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

He has regressed badly so far this year

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

You can't pin the loss on McCourty on that play.  How about all the other big plays?  So far every team can move the ball, especially in the air against us with the greatest of ease.  I blame BB or whoever is in charge of the draft and personnel for not taking steps to improve this defense in the off season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dvegas74. Show dvegas74's posts

In Response to Re: McCourty has game ending tacle on 1 yard line!!!!!!!!!:
    In Response to McCourty has game ending tacle on 1 yard line!!!!!!!!! : It was a really stupid play ... not a play you expect from a Patriot. It stinks because if there were 17 more seconds on the clock, it isn't reviewed.  Gotta love the fear and respect they show Brady by kneeling on the ball instead of going for the TD. 
    Posted by zbellino

All touchdowns are reviewed now, not just inside of two minutes! So the 17 seconds didnt matter at all.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

yeah, I'm screaming don't tackle...  if I figured it out, a player should have.  I already thought we would let them score if they got past the 40.  Seems like that should be obvious situational football.  Lots to fix here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Look....they kept running that deep sideline one on one pass play, and both CB's were unable to stop it...they expected the Bills to run one of their favorite plays, screens to their rB, and they still klilled the Pats with it...the D needs to go back to the drawing board...I'm not upset because they were beaten by an inferior team...I'm upset because they haven't improved on D for the past 3 or 4 years....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

It's pretty bad when you know that you can't stop the Bills and that we should just let them score to have a chance to get the ball back and play for a tie and force OT.  But, that's the make-up of our D right now.

"Bend, don't break."  Give me a break.  We are bending and breaking all over the place.

Sections
Shortcuts