McCourty has mri

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

McCourty has mri

per CSN:

The Patriots dodged a bullet and the injury does not seem to be serious. It is not season ending. McCourty will play again this season, but they may be very careful with him. 

I'd say he will likely be listed as questionable and miss Sunday night's game vs green bay.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

Re: McCourty has mri

In Response to McCourty has mri:
    per CSN: The Patriots dodged a bullet and the injury does not seem to be serious. It is not season ending. McCourty will play again this season, but they may be very careful with him.  I'd say he will likely be listed as questionable and miss Sunday night's game vs green bay.
    Posted by btownteamsrking

If Rogers is out, there is no reason not to rest him as well as anybody else who is b@nged up.  I can't believe I can't type b a n g ed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

i say sve him for the playoffs and let him heal, the rest of our schedule is beatable without him

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Bummer for him.  Great news overall.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

I agree, we can win these last few games without him. Especially if flynn is the QB for Green Bay. He is terrible. I dont know why teams keep certain back ups. Some of them like flynn, croyle, stanton are damn near worthless.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from David233. Show David233's posts

In Response to Re: McCourty has mri:
    I agree, we can win these last few games without him. Especially if flynn is the QB for Green Bay. He is terrible. I dont know why teams keep certain back ups. Some of them like flynn, croyle, stanton are damn near worthless.

I would put Hoyer in that category.  I would feel a lot better if we had an experienced QB behind Brady, e.g. Mark Brunell type.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

So whats the injury? Rib? I thought for sure his foot was messed up after it was landed on by the bears receiver.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: McCourty has mri : I would put Hoyer in that category.  I would feel a lot better if we had an experienced QB behind Brady, e.g. Mark Brunell type.
    Posted by David233

Really?  Do you know something BB doesn't know?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I would start Brady and anyone not hurt beyond the normal levels they feel this year. If you get out to a decent lead you start bringing people out. But you need to basicly do this the rest of the way.
    Also read somewhere that the Patriots might get into a position where if they throw the game at Miami it could keep NY Jets out of playoffs. Goodell would have to keep yap shut after years of Indy laying down among others at the end of the season. Interesting thought... honestly I don't know what I would do. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Not nearly enough quality quarterbacks to have even one good one on 32 teams, let alone two.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

In Response to Re: McCourty has mri : Not nearly enough quality quarterbacks to have even one good one on 32 teams, let alone two.
    Posted by p-mike

that is very true.

Guys, we have to remember we still have 3 regular season games left and we are expecting to get the #1 seed and bye week. We can't just stop playing now. I agree that if we get a big lead in any of those games, that I would pull a lot of players out of the game. I expect the starters to play in all 3 games. Likely only the 1st half vs miami.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

I would start Brady and anyone not hurt beyond the normal levels they feel this year. If you get out to a decent lead you start bringing people out. But you need to basicly do this the rest of the way. Also read somewhere that the Patriots might get into a position where if they throw the game at Miami it could keep NY Jets out of playoffs. Goodell would have to keep yap shut after years of Indy laying down among others at the end of the season. Interesting thought... honestly I don't know what I would do. 
    Posted by DaBlade

Next question:

What qualifies as a big lead?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

In Response to Re: McCourty has mri : Really?  Do you know something BB doesn't know?
    Posted by pezz4pats

I agree, BB has done a pretty good job this far, I think I'll trust his judgement the rest of the way!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I am a HUGE Hoyer supporter.  In the limited bit  have seen him, he has been great.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

In Response to McCourty has mri:
    per CSN: The Patriots dodged a bullet and the injury does not seem to be serious. It is not season ending. McCourty will play again this season, but they may be very careful with him.  I'd say he will likely be listed as questionable and miss Sunday night's game vs green bay.

What is CSN?  LINK??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

^comcast sports net

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

^comcast sports net

Thanks!, In Canada Here.... Noted an Article in the Herald As well.... re: McCourtey

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

What is CSN?  LINK??
    Posted by SmokingJoe

Thanks!, In Canada Here.... Noted an Article in the Herald As well.... re: McCourtey
    Posted by SmokingJoe

The CSN article was "according to the Boston Herald's Ian Rapoport".

http://www.csnne.com/12/13/10/Report-McCourty-rib-injury-not-serious/landing_patriots.html?blockID=372443&feedID=3352

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I would put Hoyer in that category.  I would feel a lot better if we had an experienced QB behind Brady, e.g. Mark Brunell type.

I wouldn't want any other backup. He knows the system and I think he's pretty good. Give him some first team reps and see what he can do. Better give him some wouldnt mind seeing Brady watch Miami.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from laynard. Show laynard's posts

In Response to Re: McCourty has mri : Next question: What qualifies as a big lead?
    Posted by knightsailor

With Darius Butler playing, 50 points might do it... maybe...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to McCourty has mri : If Rogers is out, there is no reason not to rest him as well as anybody else who is b@nged up.  I can't believe I can't type b a n g ed.
    Posted by knightsailor

You can't type it because the morons who set up the filters for this board think like Bevis and Butthead.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I'm not sure about Hoyer but............  the last backup QB they had to depend on did a pretty good job when called upon.  The one before that, well, we all know that story.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In Response to Re: McCourty has mri : With Darius Butler playing, 50 points might do it... maybe...
    Posted by laynard

Butler was pretty good as a rookie, then early this season he either got the heebee jeebees or he was playing injured.  He was awful.  Then he got canned for a few weeks, and lately he's been working his way back onto the field.  I'll take a guess that he's an average cornerback at this point.  He did play half a game at cornerback last Sunday with the Bears desperate to pass, and nobody noticed.  That's a good sign.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

We should rest McCourty until the playoffs or slightly before and go with Butler the rest of the season. I don't think he is that bad, and needs more playing time heading into the playoffs where we might need to rely on him.

Sections
Shortcuts