McCourty Loses Captaincy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

McCourty Loses Captaincy

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2013/09/devin_mccourty_still_respected_despite_losing

McCourty loses captaincy...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: McCourty Loses Captaincy

Didnt know that, but it seems weird. It doesnt mention who replaced him as captain. Freeman is the QB in Tampa and he lost his captaincy so I dont think its a big deal. If/when he gets benched I would say THAT is a problem. File this one under all the other strange things that we will never get an answer too.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Didnt know that, but it seems weird. It doesnt mention who replaced him as captain. Freeman is the QB in Tampa and he lost his captaincy so I dont think its a big deal. If/when he gets benched I would say THAT is a problem. File this one under all the other strange things that we will never get an answer too.

the article did not say whether McCourty's captaincy was eliminated or if someone else was selected/elected.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

yeah. I don't think it's a biggie either. just a weird/strange occurrence/event.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

yeah. I don't think it's a biggie either. just a weird/strange occurrence/event.

Seems like just more negativity about the Pats! But then again all I can go on is what you folks write because I won't read a herald story while a particular somone works there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

They only have 5 captains this year instead of 6.  DMC couldn't beat out Mayo and Vince.  This is a non-story.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I had heard this before, and had also heard the Pats do not like plyers in their walk year to be captains. I do not know this as fact, but only as heresay.

I have stated on a few posts that I dont feel McCourty has played that well this season. Small sample size, and he does play a position that is hard to tell who is at fault when things do break down. But he seems to have been late on quite a few over the top help situations, and I have been assuming that he is the pseudo QB in the defensive backfield, insuring all are on the same page...I have thought that the communication back there has been lacking on quite a few plays as well...

I had hoped McCourty played well enough this season to force a resigning at the bye week. So far, I think the PAts take a wait and see on resigning him early. I could see the Pats waiting to the year end to see how the market plays out. I could also see McCourty valuing himself higher than the Pats do, and some team offering him a better deal...

Lets hope McCourty upgrades his play on the field, and forces the Pats hand to insure he is signed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

the article did not say whether McCourty's captaincy was eliminated or if someone else was selected/elected.

[/QUOTE]

It sounded like he wasn't elected. The article states he was elected in 2012. It could be with all the new players they just voted for an older player.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

It sounded like he wasn't elected. The article states he was elected in 2012. It could be with all the new players they just voted for an older player.

[/QUOTE]

I think the team elects captains. BB prolly has veto power...

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

They only have 5 captains this year instead of 6.  DMC couldn't beat out Mayo and Vince.  This is a non-story.

The story is about, "why one less?".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I had heard this before, and had also heard the Pats do not like plyers in their walk year to be captains. I do not know this as fact, but only as heresay.

I have stated on a few posts that I dont feel McCourty has played that well this season. Small sample size, and he does play a position that is hard to tell who is at fault when things do break down. But he seems to have been late on quite a few over the top help situations, and I have been assuming that he is the pseudo QB in the defensive backfield, insuring all are on the same page...I have thought that the communication back there has been lacking on quite a few plays as well...

I had hoped McCourty played well enough this season to force a resigning at the bye week. So far, I think the PAts take a wait and see on resigning him early. I could see the Pats waiting to the year end to see how the market plays out. I could also see McCourty valuing himself higher than the Pats do, and some team offering him a better deal...

Lets hope McCourty upgrades his play on the field, and forces the Pats hand to insure he is signed.

Lets hope its just early. I too noticed a few instances where his help was late and with his speed and his smarts(they say he is, I dont know) that shouldnt be the case. Its still early  and the rest of the secondary seems to have gelled, so I will give him the B.O.T.D and say maybe due him not hitting much, and maybe his shoulder not 100% he is not there yet. I noticed in the 1st game, he was not using that shoulder at all,rather pushing and shoving players out of bounds. Im still rooting for him but I DID caution many here about his play. He only played safety half a year and most here were saying he would be an elite FS or pro bowl. Safety isnt as demanding as island CB, but in BB's system they do alot.(see Rodney) so they say all the right thing about McCourty for his confidence and he will be good for us, but I never expected a great year. I dont know what to expect. I know he is far from a 10 year vet like Rodney was.

The troubling thing is all offseason you hear about him QB'ing the D and that sometimes he talks too much back there so I cant understand any LACK of communication going on.

I am also a little concerned with Vince starting to show a kink in the armor. He was pushed around a bit vs the Jets and hardly happens. Those 2 guys are 2 important to this D to take a step back. This Sunday will tell me a lot against a desperate team they are familiar with.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I had heard this before, and had also heard the Pats do not like plyers in their walk year to be captains.

He has 2 years left.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The writing is on the wall.  Players drafted in the first round to play corner and then can't play man D and get moved to safety to hide their inabilities are not captain material.  If McCourty doesn't get the Meriweather treatment, he'll surely get the Chung.

[/QUOTE]
    See D Milliner

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

The writing is on the wall.  Players drafted in the first round to play corner and then can't play man D and get moved to safety to hide their inabilities are not captain material.  If McCourty doesn't get the Meriweather treatment, he'll surely get the Chung.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if only he could have performed like first round studs Gholston and Sanchez.  You get dumber and more bitter with every post.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotrain. Show patriotrain's posts

it would be nice to see him make some impact plays, nothing he's done stands out,but i don't dissect every play like some of you armchair GM's

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    See D Milliner

[/QUOTE]

Mc Courty's only inability was his inability to play corner AND safety at the same time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

I had heard this before, and had also heard the Pats do not like plyers in their walk year to be captains.

He has 2 years left.

[/QUOTE]

My error for not checking, and passing along here say....I am still of the opinion he was a candidate for a new deal this year at some point, but I feel based on current performance that may be on hold....

I have to assume McCourty is looking at the Landry deal and thinking he can do better....4/$24 with approx $18 guaranteed? I simply am not sure he has earned that deal yet, and also not sure BB goes that type of money for a S

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? Chung and Meriweather weren't drafted as CBs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, if only he could have performed like first round studs Gholston and Sanchez.  You get dumber and more bitter with every post.

[/QUOTE]

Good post, Queenie wannabe!  What does that have to do with McCourty getting demoted again?  Try to stay on topic.  Did you forget your ADD meds today?

[/QUOTE]

aww did I hit a soft spot with our little Napoleon?  You can come here and try to bash our players but as soon as I reference your handful of busts you deflect? 

How many posts are you up to now?  JetsMangione, PhatRex, LessPhatRex, Bustchise, etc. etc. etc. must be up close to 15,000.  Poor little guy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]

Lets hope its just early. I too noticed a few instances where his help was late and with his speed and his smarts(they say he is, I dont know) that shouldnt be the case. Its still early  and the rest of the secondary seems to have gelled, so I will give him the B.O.T.D and say maybe due him not hitting much, and maybe his shoulder not 100% he is not there yet. I noticed in the 1st game, he was not using that shoulder at all,rather pushing and shoving players out of bounds. Im still rooting for him but I DID caution many here about his play. He only played safety half a year and most here were saying he would be an elite FS or pro bowl. Safety isnt as demanding as island CB, but in BB's system they do alot.(see Rodney) so they say all the right thing about McCourty for his confidence and he will be good for us, but I never expected a great year. I dont know what to expect. I know he is far from a 10 year vet like Rodney was.

The troubling thing is all offseason you hear about him QB'ing the D and that sometimes he talks too much back there so I cant understand any LACK of communication going on.

I am also a little concerned with Vince starting to show a kink in the armor. He was pushed around a bit vs the Jets and hardly happens. Those 2 guys are 2 important to this D to take a step back. This Sunday will tell me a lot against a desperate team they are familiar with.

[/QUOTE]

It'd be nice to get him some help inside anyway. Some of the guys that have been drafted just couldn't cut it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I don't think this guy is a nut job like some of the recent younger players we have brought onto the team over the last few years, but I do think there is a lot to be discovered (as far as his play) before we extend him, or make him a captain again. So far this year he has looked average, but I'm willing to wait and see if he can becaome a guy we can count on at the safety spot.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to anonymis's comment:

It'd be nice to get him some help inside anyway. Some of the guys that have been drafted just couldn't cut it.

Becoming the theme of the offseason. I wonder if BB came up with the Idea of playing C.J. inside After all the late signings didnt work out, A.A. on pup,etc. OR did BB already have plans to do this since offseason and THATS the reason he hasnt sweated bringing in more D Tackles. Interesting. As long CJ only plays it on 3rd down and they can stunt with him like last game, thats a nice changeup, but when teams wanna run, we are thin.

Teams are combo blocking inside on Vince and getting pushed. I would like them to counter by blitzing Mayo more. We are missing that with Hightower taking Spikes spot.(the middle bltizes at the snap like Seau did) Tough to do cuz most teams like to pass on 1st but I HATE when our backers read and react and make taclkes 8 yards downfield. Need to attack at times. 2 blitzes in a game doesnt do it for me.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I enjoyed reading this thread to see some regulars twist themselves into pretzels turning this into a ringing endorsement for McCourty.