McCourty not even a top 10 CB?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: McCourty not even a top 10 CB?

Where did Kyle "Shrimpy Arms" Wilson finish?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to McCourty not even a top 10 CB?:
    I don't get it.  You clowns were all claiming he was the best in the AFC.  Although, it was pretty obvious he was not, considering how awful that pass D was.  As I said earlier in the year, the Jets had two CBs better than anyone on that pathetic patsie roster, hurt or not.  Football Outsiders does not lie. http://footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2011/best-cornerback-charting-stats-2010
    Posted by PhatRex

"I've removed passes marked as Hail Mary, Hit in Motion, Tipped at Line, or Thrown Away. I've also removed wide receiver screens, which aren't really a good way to measure cornerback coverage because a cornerback in man coverage is going to (or at least, is supposed to) immediately get blocked out of the play by another wide receiver. Right now I'm only looking at primary defenders, so this is not adjusted to account for double coverage, or plays where the charter marks a hole in zone but lists an appropriate zone defender in the second DEFENDER column. There are no opponent adjustments yet, and pass interference is not yet included.

Typical caveats apply, of course: This is imperfect data based on the game charting project, which means it comes off limited television camera angles. In past years, this data has been very inconsistent from year to year, and we're going to study that in the offseason to try to figure out if we can get more accurate numbers by, say, looking at players over two-year spans. Success Rate, to remind everyone, is the percentage of passes that don't manage to get at least 45 percent of needed yards on first down, 60 percent of needed yards on second down, or 100 percent of needed yards on third down."

Haha, And there wasn't even enough room for the writer to even INCLUDE something like, The Rating of the defense a CB was on, The type of defensive system, and/or the degree of pass-rush afforded a CB in coverage.  LMAO!  He ran outta space regarding the insane number and absurd stipulations he was even MORE accounting for!!  ROFLOL!    

But hey...As long as it's a more detailed and extremely "objective" account, I'll take it upon myself to have Devin McCourty's 1st year rookie numbers of 82 Combined Tackles, 17 Passes Defensed, 7 Interceptions, 2 Forced Fumbles, and 1 Sack- Erased and Striken from his bio and stat sheet... 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: McCourty not even a top 10 CB?:
    In Response to Re: McCourty not even a top 10 CB? : I wish they would erase and striken your posts.
    Posted by PhatRex

Lmao, I know...  I've beaten your thoughts into the ground so many times, it's not even much of a challenge any longer.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

phat rex fight me

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: McCourty not even a top 10 CB? : But to seriously reply to your post, why do you think a CB ends up with that many tackles?  Or has so many picks and PDs yet does not end up as a top 10 CB? 
    Posted by PhatRex

Be a little more specific...You mean in the real world, or in the article?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

In Response to Re: McCourty not even a top 10 CB? : But to seriously reply to your post, why do you think a CB ends up with that many tackles?  Or has so many picks and PDs yet does not end up as a top 10 CB? 
    Posted by PhatRex

probably for the same reason that you h ave 2nd string CB's on the list to begin with.  They obviously are not better corners or theyd be their teams no 1.  the numbers are skewed.  Just look at the jets overall defensive CB coverage.  Devin McCourtys stats are better than Revis cromartie and wilsons combined.  He's a great corner and we didnt payhim 20 million a YEAR to do it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

You know what stat Id like to see compared to DMC?  Passes completed in your face!

You can claim that your CB had a fantastic year with no INT's because people were throwing at your NO 2 or your NO 3 options... well like I stated above, none of those guys did anything for the jets last year either. 

Also... no one here on this forum with half a brain claims that the Pats Defense was stout or above par.  We know it needs work, but its annoying to hear morons say DMC wasnt a great CB last year.  He was, Kyle Wilson wasnt.. you wish you could get DMC over Wilson, and you wish you had 6 picks in 3 rounds.  BUt you cant.. your stuck with 1-2 in 90 some picks and a team full of uncertainty and no Free agency to fix it.  :) have fun getting pounded all year.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

You wouldn't know the difference between a football and a snow cone. you loser

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Rexy, you wanna know what's funny.  The site, Footballoutsiders.com is boston based and run by a professed NE homer. I give credit where credit is due, his created analysis isn't skewed by anything new he can create to make his local love look better, like boston food/beer writer kerry byrne (coldhardfootballfacts.com) seems to do. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

And to think the Patriots could have drafted Kyle Wilson...DAMN!  Or Jerry Hughes! Oh my word!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I found a website suggesting that drinking your own urine will cure certain maladies...  what a phat head.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Posted by PhatRex

Why? because McCourty was a rookie and the Media always has a Bias. McCourty is not a top 10 CB, he is top 5.

1. Nnamdi Asomugha
    2. Revis
    3. Samuel
    4. Champ
    5. McCourty
    There you go, Im just as Biased as the so called experts.

What I find funny is how McCourty had more INT's then Revis, Cromartie and Wilson COMBINED. Doesn't that suck PhatAs$?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In Response to Re: McCourty not even a top 10 CB? : Why? because McCourty was a rookie and the Media always has a Bias. McCourty is not a top 10 CB, he is top 5. 1. Nnamdi Asomugha 2. Revis 3. Samuel 4. Champ 5. McCourty There you go, Im just as Biased as the so called experts. What I find funny is how McCourty had more INT's then Revis, Cromartie and Wilson COMBINED. Doesn't that suck PhatAs$?
    Posted by GadisRKO

No Woodson? Woodson has to be there - arguably the best all-around CB in all of football. I'll take him any day of the week.

1) Woodson
    2) Asomugha
    3) Revis
    4) Williams
    5) McCourty

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

In Response to McCourty not even a top 10 CB?:
    I don't get it.  You clowns were all claiming he was the best in the AFC.  Although, it was pretty obvious he was not, considering how awful that pass D was.  As I said earlier in the year, the Jets had two CBs better than anyone on that pathetic patsie roster, hurt or not.  Football Outsiders does not lie. http://footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2011/best-cornerback-charting-stats-2010
    Posted by PhatRex

As has been noted before you can make stats bend to support any arguement you want.  Your flaw is looking at the season as a whole.  The guy was a rookie and of course his play/stats during the start of the season were not top 10 calibur but by the end of the season they surely were.

If you were being honest and asked TODAY to list the top 10 CB's in the league McCourty would be on that list.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

McCourty singlehandedly changed games with his INTs.  Detroit on Thanksgiving. SD.

Those two come to mind right away.

Phat Rex is so pathetic. Anyone who watched the games actually saw McCourty outplay Revis last year.

That's not debatable, regardless of the metrics applied to the Football Outsiders piece.

Revis held out for crying out loud, then got hurt. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3ae7b425ee-777e-40e0-b933-ab56503d8951&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:9690Discussion:e7b425ee-777e-40e0-b933-ab56503d8951Post:4adb91cb-1bad-45fd-8030-c45de67b0776 " /> Re: McCourty not even a top 10 CB? : FatRex, like any stat you can spin it a little and see something different. Revis and Cro had a great year and you can't take that away. They also had something McCourty didn't have.........a pass rush.  The Pats went 14-2 with a depleted secondary and no pass rush. If you think that's going to stay the same this year with all these picks they have you're out of your mind. Going into last season Leigh Bodden was the Pats best corner and went down in the pre-season. With him back,  McCourty, and a pass rush I really hope Sanchez get's his red, yellow and green pre-school signals right.
    Posted by Sam-Adams

That'll be funny to watch.  Vacation is over for Sanchez.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wildwillis. Show Wildwillis's posts

Why even respond to such a moron? Keep reaching - the jets were built to win last year, big surprise they couldn't do it and now much like anyone in denial they are trying to justify this and that and take shots where they can before their 3-13 season starts.  And really anymore guarantees from that fat f__k to win the superbowl with a group of criminals and hasbeens (taylor, ladanien I will not give him the respect of LT) and some neverwillbees (wilson, sancheese, and a handfull of others) is just plain rediculous just like their roster will be for the next 3 seasons.
    On that note I hope you can finish above Buffalo next year cause we will reign supreme in the AFC East for the next idk 10 years enjoy looking up and clinging to losing an AFC Championship game cause that is as close as you will ever come to winning again. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

They don't get that, Willis. Fans like Phat Rex would rather tell other fans from other teams how great their team is and how many legendary Pro Bowlers they have v.s. understand what it takes to see a team form into a champion.

They don't get it.

They see simply beating NE as their greatest achievement in the last 40 years.

That's a fact.

Their poor showing in the AFC title game, 2 years in a row, proves they were built pretty good, but in a short window with some big flaws.

They'll be in a wild card battle next year and may not make it. We know they aren't winning the division.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Quite frankly, who cares? I really couldn't care less what some pundit says about who ranks where or PhatRex's 'analysis' for that matter.  If PhatRex is so insecure about his team's prospects that he needs to periodically post that kind of blather in here to overcome his inadequacies feel free.

Sections
Shortcuts