McCourty not even a top 10 CB?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSalmon. Show TheSalmon's posts

Re: McCourty not even a top 10 CB?

I think you have to take into account posterized, pulled hamstring, and one handed td catch before you start claiming the number one spot.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

"Average for a CB" yet he was in the Pro Bowl and he should have started over Revis based on games played and production.

Absolutely not debatable.

McCourty's 2010 season sure blows away Revis's 2007, too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

it certainly will be enjoyable to watch the downward trend of the jests....and oh yes... the dolts....  

gomer = trending downward...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

To recap, Phatty says:

"He was great, but only average."

Apparently that makes sense in the world of illogical delusions (Green New Jersey).

You just can't make it up. You just can't.

By mid season, McCourty was intercepting QBs left and right.

By December, when the Pats defense led the NFL in points allowed, McCourty had ascended into a premier/shutdown CB.

McCourty outplayed Revis from Week 1-- />Week 16.

It's a fact.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: McCourty not even a top 10 CB?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: McCourty not even a top 10 CB? : By downtrend do you mean increasing the win total and being the only team to be in the final four two years in a row? 
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's what he means.  Your team peaked and now it will be trending downwards.

Glad to see you haven't lost a whole pocket of brain cells this month, Corky.

If your team's fundamental base (key players) were all locked down and returning in 2011, you'd be correct. But, alas, you are not. Not a shock.

You expecting the dozen replacements in 2011 to somehow seamlessly blend into the Jets "juggernaut" is so arrogant it matches your dumb-dumb level.

What line of work are you in? Seriously.  Just answer this. Many of us would love to know.

It would explain everything.  You have ZERO sense of analysis and the ability to use deductive logic.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]I think you have to take into account posterized, pulled hamstring, and one handed td catch before you start claiming the number one spot.  
    Posted by TheSalmon[/QUOTE]

lol!!

That's a photo of Darelle "Single Coverage" Revis, which is a far cry from Darelle "Help Over the top in Rex Ryan's 3-4" Revis.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

I hope Sanchez throws all the time at McCourty for years to come as McCourty will take that bum to school. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

[QUOTE]To recap, Phatty says: "He was great, but only average." Apparently that makes sense in the world of illogical delusions (Green New Jersey). You just can't make it up. You just can't. By mid season, McCourty was intercepting QBs left and right. By December, when the Pats defense led the NFL in points allowed, McCourty had ascended into a premier/shutdown CB. McCourty outplayed Revis from Week 1-- />Week 16. It's a fact.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

I came in to post exactly this.

McCourty was dominant on a defense that had no pass rush.

Phaty says McCourty was average because the entire Pass D wasn't great.
    Did you see the scores after each game? we were blowing teams out, they gave up on the run early and threw the ball like mad. These stats are called "garbage time" stats for reason.I guess in NJ you don't understand this concept seeing as your offense is too anemic to put up any sort of lead.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

No, the Jets blitz a lot. Arguably as much as any team in the NFL.

So, their pass rush is fantastic when they scheme or blitz.

I remember watching the Houston game when Revis was torched beyond belief and the Houston WR (Walter, I believe) dropped the ball wide open to win the game.

That was funny. It reminded me how overrated Revis is.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to McCourty not even a top 10 CB?:
    [QUOTE]I don't get it.  You clowns were all claiming he was the best in the AFC.  Although, it was pretty obvious he was not, considering how awful that pass D was.  As I said earlier in the year, the Jets had two CBs better than anyone on that pathetic patsie roster, hurt or not.  Football Outsiders does not lie. http://footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2011/best-cornerback-charting-stats-2010

Speaking of clowns....Didn't you claim you were going to win the Super Bowl Bozo?

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I love how everything is a "choke" to Phat Rex, yet his team, in their short window during NE's "worst" stretch as they finalize their rebuild, did not "choke".

Mind you, this is after the Jets deemed themselves 2010 SB Champs last Spring.
    Just who "choked"?

Any rational human would say the team that called themselves 2010 SB Champs.

That's who "choked".

Window closed. Closed. 

Expect every flaw of NE's recent teams as they have methodically rebuilt since 2008, to be sewn up tight in 2011.

At some point they won't have 15 people on IR, they won't be inexperienced on defense, nor will they have depth issues in key spots.

NE improved from 2009 and into 2010.  This means a trend upwards.

I'd rather "choke", as Phatty says it, when my team isn't expected to win than choke (for real) when they are.

lol

But, that's normal logic.  Phatty logic is the logic of people with very low IQs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McCourty not even a top 10 CB? : No I claimed that the Jets were going to beat the patises in the playoffs and tha tI would then listen to all the NE fans cry about how lucky the Jets were and how the patsies were still rebuilding.  It seems I was right on.

No, you didn't. You flat out vanished in early December after the Jets were embarrassed on national tv when they called it their biggest game of the franchise since a SB 40 years ago.

lol

You're a micorcosm of the Jets organization. You'd rather celebrate a playoff win against NE for the next decade over an actual Conf title or obviously a SB title.

This is the equivalent of a Red Sox fan beating his chest after beating the Yanks in 2004, but losing to the Cardinals in the World Series.

Your team failed, like mine did.

Your team will never, ever win a SB because it's so fixated on absolving its jealousy towards the Pats.

That's a fact.

The day you and the entire Jets organization drops the jealousy is the day you might have a chance.

Your presence here proves this.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McCourty not even a top 10 CB? : No I claimed that the Jets were going to beat the patises in the playoffs and tha tI would then listen to all the NE fans cry about how lucky the Jets were and how the patsies were still rebuilding.  It seems I was right on.

NY Jets 43 years and counting and that's all that counts child.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Has anyone seen a team's fanbase so arrogant that hasn't won for so long?

lol

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Don't worry, Phatty.   The Jets failures of the last 3 generations aren't being wiped away anytime soon.

As long as NY needs to pretend a divisional playoff win is a SB, they'll always be losers.

And the NE Patriots will always be the bellweather franchise in the cap era, having won 3/4 SBs and a team that continues to defy the odds, holding the highest winning% since their last SB appearance in 2007.

See, we can even see we actually MADE IT TO A SB.

You cannot.

Hence, your fledgling Loserdom, incredbile inferiority complex and severe insecurity issues as a NJ area turd.

Gee, I wonder if SF 49ers fans took this kind of blather from LA Rams fans in ithe early 1990s?

1993:

Rams Fan: "Yeah, your team hasn't won a SB since 1990 and you choked away the NFC title game at home, 13-10!! 

lol

Oh no!  Not that! Not that space in between!  Whatever shall we do? Hope we have an owner  like Mr. Pharmacy and a GM like Mike "Knee Jerk" Tannenboob?