McCourty - One of the Good Guys

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

McCourty - One of the Good Guys

Cool story about how a pro athlete can be:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1005921_629164077102115_2093169767_n.png

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: McCourty - One of the Good Guys

Awesome story! Good to see Devin is one of the guys that "gets it" in life not just football. Thanks for sharing.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Great story. Just 72 hours ago Babe called McCourty one of BB's "busts". Speechless.

Also, great find, AP.

Another example of the media hanging on negative things with the Pats, while ignoring nice stories or positive stories about the players on this team.

Save your undying stupidty for every other thread. 

This is a positive post.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

That's awesome! Thanks for posting that.

With all of the bad stuff, it's great to see a guy going out of his way to be awesome to a fan.

The last Pats jersey I had was a Slade.  I'm going to see if I can find a McCourty one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

Great story. Just 72 hours ago Babe called McCourty one of BB's "busts". Speechless.

Also, great find, AP.

Another example of the media hanging on negative things with the Pats, while ignoring nice stories or positive stories about the players on this team.

This is a positive post.

[/QUOTE]

he can't help it. no matter what is said, he rehashes the "anti-pats" conspiracy theory drivel. He gets regular deliveries of Reynolds Wrap for his tin foil hats

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In response to RushThePillPopper's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Also, great find, AP.

This is a positive post.

[/QUOTE]

he can't help it. no matter what is said, he rehashes the "anti-pats" conspiracy theory drivel. He gets regular deliveries of Reynolds Wrap for his tin foil hats

[/QUOTE]

Sounds great, Massarotti. Years and years of evidence of the media going after the Pats in the most negative way possible and someone needs tinfoil to see that. Laughable.

Rent a brain or attend college.

[/QUOTE]

Crusty in mommy's basement every day just WISHING there is an article about the Patriots that he can twist into a vendetta against the Pats. The only thing missing from the pic is his GED that's hanging on the wall

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Guys do you really have to ruin such a great thread with bickering? Really? 

Thank you for posting this NaS. It's great to see when an athlete understands that they are more to some people than a simple person playing a game. It's up lifting knowing that such a small thing can mean so much to one person and that someone with fame understands how a couple mins of their day is worth giving that small thing. I wish more celebrities were like this (aka McCourty and David Tennant like) and less like the ego centric narcissistic "blanks" (aka Justin Beiber like)

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Cool story.  It's always nice when players on the team do stuff like this off the field.  Makes them even easier to root for.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Been trying to post on this thread since Not-A first posted it (browser kept flipping me off). 

Thanks for the story, Not-A.  Kid is a true class act.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The severity of your mental illness is mind boggling.

This is a nice story that has nothing whatsoever to do with being a good football player. It has to do with being a good person. You are clueless.

And I did not call McCourty a bust. Liar.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Guys do you really have to ruin such a great thread with bickering? Really? 

Thank you for posting this NaS. It's great to see when an athlete understands that they are more to some people than a simple person playing a game. It's up lifting knowing that such a small thing can mean so much to one person and that someone with fame understands how a couple mins of their day is worth giving that small thing. I wish more celebrities were like this (aka McCourty and David Tennant like) and less like the ego centric narcissistic "blanks" (aka Justin Beiber like)

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

Guys?????? GUYS?????? I see one person ruining yet another thread. That is the same person who ruins virtually every thread.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

This is a heart warming story. It is wonderful of Devin to give of himself to others like this.

And this sort of comment is all we should have seen on this thread. But alas, we know that can never be until this site gets better banning tools.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Guys?????? GUYS?????? I see one person ruining yet another thread. That is the same person who ruins virtually every thread.

It takes two to bicker Babe. Just because he posts doesn't mean everyone needs to respond to him. It was a nice story thread and even with him commenting the way he did if everyone just ignored it, it would remain a nice story thread.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

It takes two to bicker Babe. Just because he posts doesn't mean everyone needs to respond to him. It was a nice story thread and even with him commenting the way he did if everyone just ignored it, it would remain a nice story thread.

[/QUOTE]

I see. So the guy(s) who slam the jerk for being a jerk are jerks too?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I wouldn't put it that way but more like two people arguing over something petty and one points the finger saying, but they started it. It doesn't matter who started when they drag you down to their level, you're both dirty at that point. Sometimes you have to take the higher road and just ignore it, especially on a topic meant to be uplifting and a good story and not a point of bickering and namecalling 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Stop.  It's a good story. 

Let it just be a good story.

Fight somewhere else.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I am specifically asking that this most noteworthy and positive thread not be ruined by this pointless bickering.  Please.  Thank you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

[QUOTE]

Also, great find, AP.

This is a positive post.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. Not here. Not now. Be a bigger person.

This is a great story. Thanks for the post.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

I wouldn't put it that way but more like two people arguing over something petty and one points the finger saying, but they started it. It doesn't matter who started when they drag you down to their level, you're both dirty at that point. Sometimes you have to take the higher road and just ignore it, especially on a topic meant to be uplifting and a good story and not a point of bickering and namecalling 

[/QUOTE]

Last thing I have to say on the matter out of respect for the subject......

Some people will smack a fool that does something inappropriate such as he did and usually does. I have no problem with that whatsoever so long as the intent is about his irreverence to the topic. Better that than people just letting his indecency go unchallenged.

But you might consider that you complaining about persons smiting his insensitivity does at least as much of a disservice to the topic as the original responses to his idiocy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

You do not see enough stories like this out of the press and I can understand why. 

#1 - something like this may be a private matter and the player should not be the one to "publicize" their good deed as it would be seen as self-serving.

#2 - This is not the news the press likes to write.  They need "dirty laundry" and that makes people react.  It is a rare instance in which such stories make the news unless it is part of a greater story along such lines. 

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Not trying to take away from Devin, but I'm sure he's one of many "good guys" in the NFL. The media, specifically Rush Limbaugh, saw the chance to attack the NFL and took it. How a 1% arrest rate equates to a "thug culture" baffles me. 

But that's besides the point, McCourty is one of the better GREAT guys in the NFL. Along with Mayo, Wilfork and even Kyle Arrington.

There are 32 reasons not to throw the deep ball against the New England Patriots this season, they all end in "Because Devin McCourty will INT it".

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Great person who went to a great high school,  St. Joe's Regional.  Good schooling helps to build character.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Great person who went to a great high school,  St. Joe's Regional.  Good schooling helps to build character.

Good parents, too.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I secretly hope the Pats will find some way to acquire Jason too. 

Sections
Shortcuts