McCourty - One of the Good Guys

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: McCourty - One of the Good Guys

Nice guy, glad to see he will take the time out of what I'm sure is a busy schedule to talk to people and show he cares.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Unreal.  Simply because I said it's a shame the media buries the good stuff and sensationalizes the negative, to the point of making up stories and lying, this is offense?  And now it becomes a troll fest with Rush Limbaugh and Babe? And we wonder who the trolls are here?

Why on earth would that observation be a problem?

this tripe from the poser who complains endlessly about trolls and how they should be removed (or ignored) but engages them at every opportunity. the hypocrisy is astounding. otherwise this is a great story about how a player gets outside the bubble and does a good thing. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aytee. Show aytee's posts

I very rarely comment, but this is a great find.  Thanks for sharing, Not-A-Shot

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Devin MCourty has led the Patriots in interceptions 2 out of the three years he has played in the NFL, he was an All Pro and Pro Bowl corner as a rookie, the Patriots have ranked 1st, 2nd and 5th in INT's in the entire NFL with him starting, he averaged about 68 tackles a season, forced four fumbles and generally been the only outstanding player in a very weak group.  He also posts a very healthy 24.2 kick return average with a TD to boot while playing fulltime both at corner and safety.  I will try to keep the peace on such a positive thread and just say Devin is among the leagues best.

He selflessly agreed to play free safety without so much as a peep, even though corner is a premium paid position in the NFL and he could probably make more jack as a corner.  He solidified probably the most porous defensive backfield to ever make a Super Bowl and extended the season by two games minimum with his play.  I remember one game last season...

With the Patriots on the verge of collapsing and blowing yet another fourth-quarter lead this season against the Bills, McCourty first made a goal-line strip of Fred Jackson on a drive that seemed destined for a touchdown. Two drives later, McCourty ended a potential game-winning drive with an end-zone interception.

I will try to keep the peace on such a positive thread and just say Devin is among the league's best, you don't have to agree, but you'd be wrong.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Devin MCourty has led the Patriots in interceptions 2 out of the three years he has played in the NFL, he was an All Pro and Pro Bowl corner as a rookie, the Patriots have ranked 1st, 2nd and 5th in INT's in the entire NFL with him starting, he averaged about 68 tackles a season, forced four fumbles and generally been the only outstanding player in a very weak group.  He also posts a very healthy 24.2 kick return average with a TD to boot while playing fulltime both at corner and safety.  I will try to keep the peace on such a positive thread and just say Devin is among the leagues best.

He selflessly agreed to play free safety without so much as a peep, even though corner is a premium paid position in the NFL and he could probably make more jack as a corner.  He solidified probably the most porous defensive backfield to ever make a Super Bowl and extended the season by two games minimum with his play.  I remember one game last season...

With the Patriots on the verge of collapsing and blowing yet another fourth-quarter lead this season against the Bills, McCourty first made a goal-line strip of Fred Jackson on a drive that seemed destined for a touchdown. Two drives later, McCourty ended a potential game-winning drive with an end-zone interception.

I will try to keep the peace on such a positive thread and just say Devin is among the league's best, you don't have to agree, but you'd be wrong.

he's not but this is a great story

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Good parents, too.

More than any other influence in a child's life, good parents and parenting, more often than not, produce good adults.