Mccourty or Revis?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

Mccourty or Revis?

Devin McCourty has 65 tackles,  55 of those solo with 6 interceptions on the year.

Darrelle Revis has 21 tackles with 16 of those solo and 0 interceptions this season.

Who would you rather have on your team?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DynastyXXXVI. Show DynastyXXXVI's posts

Re: Mccourty or Revis?

McCourty. The guy is going to be a force to be reckoned with for years to come. Revis is good, but he's overhyped simply because of the team he plays for.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

and revis is an overpaid d/o/u/s/c/h/e

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Dont get me wrong, I love McCourty. But you will get more tackles when QB's throw the ball to your side more often. The fact that QB's stay away from Revis is significant. This is one area where stats just dont tell the whole story. Eventually though, McCourty will have a ring and Revis probably wont, so I dont think McCourty will mind if someone says Revis is better at lockdown.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

That's actually a really tough call. I don't look to much at a CB's stats since it's completely backwards on performance sometimes. Ie a true shut down corner will not be thrown at very often so they tend to have less tackles and ints, while some of the weaker CB's though not very many int's will have a ton of tackles. McCourty being a rook gets tossed to quite often which increases his ints and tackles but just judging by the eye test he is a shut down corner and QB's are starting to lose their willingness to throw to his side as games develop.

At this moment they are both young but I'd take Revis simply based on his experience and veteran knowledge McCourty doesn't have. But long term I'd rather have McCourty not only for his youth but I see him becoming an even better CB then Revis with some more experience

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wazzu-wheatfarmer. Show Wazzu-wheatfarmer's posts

Honestly, I'd keep McCourty.  I'm trying not to get too high on this guy, as he is only a rookie, but his play has been every bit as good as Revis' this season IMO.  Not to mention the age factor and the upside...I feel like an idiot for questioning the pick at the time!

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

Another outstanding game this week!  Created a turnover that became 7 points.

McCourty is reaching shut down status himself.  He's also the best open field tackler I've seen in a while.  He attacks low and fast, wraps his arms and doesn't miss.

Anyone want to rethink where they stand?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

revis is overrated. couldnt do SH*T when we played them a couple weeks ago. devin is young and will only get better with time. exciting. also i feel like DMC is better against the run that revis.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

A better question might me be who had the better rookie season ? Revis is good, but, from what I saw, Champ Bailey ((shut down Bowe and Jackson) is as good and much older. Didn't see Woodson(Charles) at his best, but has Revis won defensive player of the year ? He is good, but gets way too much hype compared to other CBs (Asmougha included).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

in Jets yesterday's, stat report showed no tackles, assists or sacks for Revis.  Do not think it was reported he not playing in the game, injured? what ever, perhaps an indication that Miami avoided throwing to his side of the field? Honoring is recent success? 
    Of course Mc Courty's 1st year, but even being conservative, his entire game, tackling, staying with the receiver all the way to defending the pass to being incomplete, or intercepting, ( 6 for 2010 season), and last,  always in position. He will make All Pro this year. 

On the other side, Arrington, steadily improves in all areas, that McCourty, way ahead, but improving, in coverges and making tackles. Safe to say, he is earning his position as a starter. Another surprise!!!  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

McCourtey is ahead of Revis at the Same point of their career.... AND....

REVIS did not even honor his full rookie contract, I do NOT see that happening with McCourtey.

McCourtey is much better value for the money, but even at the same salary, I would NOT trade them straight up.  Happy with #32!

Also, McCourtey is Humble, whereas, Revis is an IN YOUR FACE, Loud Mouth, just like his coach.  He talks to much.

I would take McCourtey ANY DAY and ALL DAY long