McCourty the safety.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: McCourty the safety.

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Never said "Vellano is a great player". Never, ever said that.  I said Jones has been impressive, which he has, and Vellano has been good for an UDFA. Each was good today.

They're not 3-4 DEs, dummy. Dropt the attitude You've been a tool here recently and I am not sure why.

Jones and Vellano have been MORE than admirable in place of Vince and Kelly.

BB had them at 3-4 DE last week and he had them in a 4-3 look most of the time today. They clearly can't be effective against good OLs as DEs in a 3-4. Not surprising.  Each has 3-4 experience but more so as NTs, not DEs. It's a completely different responsibility.  

You just run around here thinking you know more than BB, and the comedy of it is, ya don't.

Anyone implying they have better ideas than BB is a teenager or delusional. It's fine to disagree with some minor things, but to fundamentally think you have the better analysis than BB on a player?   Please.

You're not there. You don't get to see the practices or hear the reasons as to why they think something is good or bad. Period. 

[/QUOTE]

Belichick more than anyone knows that Vellano has stunk (despite you saying otherwise) that's why he has scoured the waiver wire looking for help.  You are backtracking so fast you are stumbling over yourself... dead last against the run, a plummeting overall defensive ranking and a sack average that is sinking faster than the Titanic isn't good no matter how you try to paint it.  This goes back to earlier in the season when I told you Vellano was terrible and you told me I was wrong, now he is riding the pine and you are telling us how you were right all along.  I told you it was a problem, you said it wasn't, you were wrong and Siliga just might pull our fat from the fire... Vellano isn't the answer at nose tackle, sorry you thought so.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

On the80 yd TD pass it looked like both safeties went after the tight end. It happened fast but it looked like McCourty should have been helping Talib on that play.

[/QUOTE]

Talib was in single coverage and got burned.  I know this doesn't jive with the "McCourty sux and Talib saved this defense" narrative but that's the way it is, players get beat.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

Never said "Vellano is a great player". Never, ever said that.  I said Jones has been impressive, which he has, and Vellano has been good for an UDFA. Each was good today.

They're not 3-4 DEs, dummy. Dropt the attitude You've been a tool here recently and I am not sure why.

Jones and Vellano have been MORE than admirable in place of Vince and Kelly.

BB had them at 3-4 DE last week and he had them in a 4-3 look most of the time today. They clearly can't be effective against good OLs as DEs in a 3-4. Not surprising.  Each has 3-4 experience but more so as NTs, not DEs. It's a completely different responsibility.  

You just run around here thinking you know more than BB, and the comedy of it is, ya don't.

Anyone implying they have better ideas than BB is a teenager or delusional. It's fine to disagree with some minor things, but to fundamentally think you have the better analysis than BB on a player?   Please.

You're not there. You don't get to see the practices or hear the reasons as to why they think something is good or bad. Period.

[/QUOTE]

Anyone implying they have better ideas than BB is a teenager or delusional. 

This coming from the idiot that has complained for years over Belichicks desire to score as many points as possible by passing at a high frequency and using the shotgun/spread early and often.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

I didn't say he was a nose tackle.  He's a Def Tackle. No one is replacing the best 3-4 NT in football, dumbo.

[/QUOTE]

You never say anything except when you do, we had nothing to worry about with Vince going down because we had Vellano... joke.  Then again you're the one telling us Brady is the problem... enough said.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

They weren't 32nd agains the run today. lmao

Have defensive rankings ever meant less in the offensive Goodell era before? Meaningless. 
    "31st" ranked pass D went to the SB in 2011 and allowed 13 points until Brady choked in the 4th.

Proof positive defensive rankings don't tell the whole story.

[/QUOTE]

Seaver Siliga changed the entire face of the defense today, today not prior to today, (especially) Vellano and Chris Jones are the reason BB brought him to the team and brought him up from the practice squad.  Your boy Soapoga was on the bench all game today...

[/QUOTE]

You have no idea who Seaver Siliga even was before he came here. Nor did I. Sopoaga was not on the bench at all. In fact, he was paired with Siliga late.

Fact of the matter is, the combos BB used today did a nice job agains the run which is what I said would happen if they used more 4-3 instead of 3-4.

You just don't want to learn.  No one is replacing Vince as a 3-4 NT and we have no experienced 3-4 DEs, which is the real factor.

BB is still fiddling with these combos as he scrambles to figure out what he can and can't do. 

It's not about a name on the jersey.  You were also pretending to know more than BB by clamoring for AJ Francis, whom you've also never seen play live before at this level. lol

[/QUOTE]

Let's see, The mighty Pats D had gaping holes againts the Broncos allowing 6 yards a run and a 220 yard RB as a "Scheme" to stop Peyton.  Now you're claiming that the plan was to allow the mighty Jason Campbell run amuck with 400 yards in the air and 3 TDs/0 Ints, so that the run D could have a great day giving up 4.3 yards a run.  

You're an idiot.

[/QUOTE]

You're a moron. BB baited Gomer out of the Cover 2 shell and Gomer took the bait. No one cares about how you win as long as you do.

I've never seen more meaningless yards by an RB in my life in that game. It was brilliant.

Jason Campbell ran amuck?  When did this happen? lol

I saw my QB play like crap for 3 qtrs and turn it over TWICE. Our offense turned it over THREE times through 2.5 qtrs.

We did the same thing vs Denver. 

Our offense has sucked in 1st halves.

[/QUOTE]

When?  I think that must have been today when he passed for 400 yards and 3 TDs, you freakin moron.  Oh wait, that was by design, right?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

He abuses you because you are Baboon-Boy. It's just what people do because you are a football imbecile. Don't take it personally. On second thought......     do.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

On the80 yd TD pass it looked like both safeties went after the tight end. It happened fast but it looked like McCourty should have been helping Talib on that play.

[/QUOTE]

Talib was in single coverage and got burned.  I know this doesn't jive with the "McCourty sux and Talib saved this defense" narrative but that's the way it is, players get beat.

[/QUOTE]

So, what do you think of Talib wozzy?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

So, what do you think of Talib wozzy?

I think he is a very good "big" corner, I wouldn't break the bank for him though because with another dominant defensive tackle next to Vince (or two) we would be just as good next year with Dennard and Logan Ryan starting.  

IMO keeping McCourty at FS  and acquiring a big DT is more important than overpaying to keep Talib at corner, especially since he can't stay healthy for an entire season.  If he realizes which side of his bread is buttered and re-ups with the Pats I'll be happy, but the reason this defense was dominant early in the season was Vince and Kelly, when Talib was out with injury we were fine with Dennard and Ryan who is getting better every game.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

I just love  that you are up at 1:30 in the morning crying about how awful Brady is.  This cannot be made up.  Working from the home office tomorrow?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I didn't say he was a nose tackle.  He's a Def Tackle. No one is replacing the best 3-4 NT in football, dumbo.

[/QUOTE]

You never say anything except when you do, we had nothing to worry about with Vince going down because we had Vellano... joke.  Then again you're the one telling us Brady is the problem... enough said.

[/QUOTE]

We lose the best NT in the game, a guy who is as athletic and experienced and I said "we have nothing to worry about?"

You know, I don't like liars, Wozzy.

You're a liar.

I've been the one on here taking heat saying he's been arguably the best D Lineman in football for almost 10 years.  

So, why would I say he's so easily replaceable?

Suggestion: Don't act weird, get on meds, and don't lie.

[/QUOTE]

^ The biggest LIAR on the board calling somebody a liar. Hilarious.

Wozzy is no liar Baboon-Boy. Homer, yes, liar, no.

You're even more dishonest than the Colts troll, which seems impossible since he doesn't have an honest bone in his body, but it's true.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

They're fine when they play 4-3.  They took out Carolina's run game with it and took out Cleveland's today.

Fact.

[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? They're fine because they stopped two of the worst rushing attacks in the NFL? Cleveland runs on no one because their lead back is way over the hill in case you hadn't noticed and without Newton (who happened to run for 60 yards against NE) bloating their stats, Carolina sux too.

Get your head out of your azz, the run defense is so poor.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Looked like that to me as well.

[/QUOTE]

That's impossible unless you were at the game.  The camera frame did not show us anything.

[/QUOTE]

Yes it did Baboon-Boy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I've been the one on here taking heat saying he's been arguably the best D Lineman in football for almost 10 years.  

[/QUOTE]

Pat fans arguing that VF hasn't been a great player for us are few and far between. But leave it to you to act like you were the one who discovered his greatness. LMA@U Baboon-Boy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]

Pats defense is 32nd against the run, there are only 32 teams....

.. they are 8th best against the pass, McCourty is a huge reason why.  Dumb premise, Pro Bowl caliber player, ungrateful, clueless, entitled fans... sorry but that's me being nice.

[/QUOTE]

Wozzy, don't you think having Talib is a bigger reason for the improvement?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Talib has had some problems the last couple of games.  He's been overly aggressive and has been draping himself all over WRs.  It may be due to a lingering injury, and he has to compensate a little - but come playoff time, the penalties may hurt.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I've been saying since he got drafted his skills seem best suited in the FS role as I didn't think he had the athletic ability to go man on the outside and I thought after the first season I might have been dead wrong, but I would put him as a top 5 FS in the league when everything is right. One of the issues is he's being stretched to far. With LB's unable to cover anyone, CB's like Arrington giving up big play after big play week to week when on the outside (sometimes on the inside too), and now even Talib not ebing able to handle man coverage with the injury it looks like McCourty is trying to cover more bases then he should, But I would still say he's playing at a high level at this point. I hope he gets resigned.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I like McCourty.  Plays smart and good in pass defense.  His run defense is excellent for a corner, but a bit weak for a safety.  He's an ideal free safety, but in the Pats' scheme, safeties are fairly versatile, so I'm not sure you can really say he's a free safety.  He's an all-rounder who's better at pass than run, but still acceptable as a run defender.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wozzy, don't you think having Talib is a bigger reason for the improvement?

[/QUOTE]

There has been a cumulative effect regarding defensive improvement in the secondary, Talib's addition last year was important but so were Dennard and Gregory, but moving McCourty back to safety stopped the bleeding at safety and stopped most the downfield plays against us.

Two other major factors for the jump this year from last are Logan Ryan, Duron Harmon along with the early part of the year when we had Wilfork and Kelly which allowed our linebackers more room to make plays and freedom so they didn't have to crowd the line of scrimmage.  

It's not only our run defense which has been adversely affected by DT injuries, our sacks are shrinking and QB passer rating are improving against us.

MCourty's move to safety was necessary but also a league wide trend, in places like Seattle as well you find corners playing safety and huge safety sized corners playing press, this is because over a decade ago a "big" WR was Randy Moss, now a big WR is substantially larger Calvin Johnson.   As the league changes so does the makeup of a defense.  McCourty is and always has been one of our best defenders and he has been the glue that has held together some horrid secondaries.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

He is doing an excellent job of not giving up big plays. In this defense of bend of dont break, he is doing everything right cuz we dont see the big play too often but with that comes a lack of game changing plays and he does struggle when asked to cover the TE same as Gregory. Harmon and Collins should cover the TE.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Looked like that to me as well.

[/QUOTE]

also , # 32 took the long route to the ball. He should have pursued him to the sideline but he took a horrible angle to the ball but I dont think anyone was catching Flash Gordon anyway. He is a good S for this system but I wouldnt break the bank for him. He isnt a Superstar back there.

Sections
Shortcuts