McCourty the safety.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: McCourty the safety.

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

Never said "Vellano is a great player". Never, ever said that.  I said Jones has been impressive, which he has, and Vellano has been good for an UDFA. Each was good today.

They're not 3-4 DEs, dummy. Dropt the attitude You've been a tool here recently and I am not sure why.

Jones and Vellano have been MORE than admirable in place of Vince and Kelly.

BB had them at 3-4 DE last week and he had them in a 4-3 look most of the time today. They clearly can't be effective against good OLs as DEs in a 3-4. Not surprising.  Each has 3-4 experience but more so as NTs, not DEs. It's a completely different responsibility.  

You just run around here thinking you know more than BB, and the comedy of it is, ya don't.

Anyone implying they have better ideas than BB is a teenager or delusional. It's fine to disagree with some minor things, but to fundamentally think you have the better analysis than BB on a player?   Please.

You're not there. You don't get to see the practices or hear the reasons as to why they think something is good or bad. Period.

I don't recall Russ saying vellano was a great player. He usually says everyone on the defense is probowl in waiting.

agree with you Wozz. It all starts upfront, and our DT situation leaves a lot to be desired. 

I hate to bag on bb here, but honestly we should have had better, reliable depth behin Kelly and vw Especially after letting love and deaderick walk. 

In Russ's small mind, any disagreement means you are a terrorist. In that case you are either with Russ or with the terrorists on this site. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:

I just love  that you are up at 1:30 in the morning crying about how awful Brady is.  This cannot be made up.  Working from the home office tomorrow?

I really love NY fans trollng a Boston board at 1;30 am - THIS cannot be made up! NY is a great city - tons to do! This is what you chose to do...pathetic!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

In response to wozzy's comment:

In response to ccnsd's comment:

On the80 yd TD pass it looked like both safeties went after the tight end. It happened fast but it looked like McCourty should have been helping Talib on that play.

Talib was in single coverage and got burned.  I know this doesn't jive with the "McCourty sux and Talib saved this defense" narrative but that's the way it is, players get beat.

Talib has had some problems the last couple of games.  He's been overly aggressive and has been draping himself all over WRs.  It may be due to a lingering injury, and he has to compensate a little - but come playoff time, the penalties may hurt.

Watching him - his hip seems to be a problem

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

I don't recall Russ saying vellano was a great player. He usually says everyone on the defense is probowl in waiting.

agree with you Wozz. It all starts upfront, and our DT situation leaves a lot to be desired. 

I hate to bag on bb here, but honestly we should have had better, reliable depth behin Kelly and vw Especially after letting love and deaderick walk. 

In Russ's small mind, any disagreement means you are a terrorist. In that case you are either with Russ or with the terrorists on this site. 

I do remember it, I went back to find some good examples of it though and his "Harvey Wallbanger" has been banned so most of his posts are gone.

Love and Deaderick were not very good either, I'd consider them about a wash with Jones, Soapoga.  I'm not saying Siliga is a savior but maybe he can stop the bleeding up the middle and he Jones and Soap can do an adequate job at least if we don't get anymore injuries...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

There's a lot of homer love for the guy but I see him as nothing more then a mistake prone, average at best, player.

You also had the same oppinion of Mayo. Hopefully him being hurt, has showed you how foolish you were.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

McCourty is leading the NFL in number of times a RB has dragged him past the first down marker. 

Jets need to play tag football so they can at least compete. And how about those CBs there. Not a one likes to play football. THey like to cover though not always very well. But they all shy away from hits. Cromartie is notorious for that. Miliner fits RIGHT in.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I think McCourty has played verry well. He has made his mistakes. In this passing league it is almsot impossible not to. But he has been very good.

And by the way, it is INCREDIBLY funny that at some crazy hour of the night a Jets fan would make a comment on a Pats thread about people making comments at some crazy hour of the night!

I guess they have so little to talk about besides how much the Jets suck every game, every season, every decade.... through every QB, every coach, every Fireman Ed(!!!!!!).... 

You know that Seattle fans are posting on Seahawk threads. But these guys post here!!!! It is pretty telling of just how truly and unabashadly lame the Jets are when their own fans have to come to a Pats thread. I suppose it is similar to P3nis envy. At least that explains Meadow and why she comes here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I will say B- I still envision him back at CB someday.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to Section136's comment:

I just love  that you are up at 1:30 in the morning crying about how awful Brady is.  This cannot be made up.  Working from the home office tomorrow?

I really love NY fans trollng a Boston board at 1;30 am - THIS cannot be made up! NY is a great city - tons to do! This is what you chose to do...pathetic!!

You're not familiar with the whole concept of time zones, are you?  Typical Pats fan... the world did not exist before 2001 and still doesn't outside of Brockton.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Never said "Vellano is a great player". Never, ever said that.  I said Jones has been impressive, which he has, and Vellano has been good for an UDFA. Each was good today.

They're not 3-4 DEs, dummy. Dropt the attitude You've been a tool here recently and I am not sure why.

Jones and Vellano have been MORE than admirable in place of Vince and Kelly.

BB had them at 3-4 DE last week and he had them in a 4-3 look most of the time today. They clearly can't be effective against good OLs as DEs in a 3-4. Not surprising.  Each has 3-4 experience but more so as NTs, not DEs. It's a completely different responsibility.  

You just run around here thinking you know more than BB, and the comedy of it is, ya don't.

Anyone implying they have better ideas than BB is a teenager or delusional. It's fine to disagree with some minor things, but to fundamentally think you have the better analysis than BB on a player?   Please.

You're not there. You don't get to see the practices or hear the reasons as to why they think something is good or bad. Period.

He is already on record claiming that if he plays for BB he has to be a great player.... though that seems to fall apart when he bashes Brady.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

The question, as I recall, was about McCourty's performance at Safety.  In my estimation he has played well.  Is much more the steadily highly effective player than the flashy playmaker although he has at times made some impressive plays.  ProBowl?  I dunno - perhaps.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Mccourty is currently our best defensive player, Ninkovich 2nd, Chandler 3rd, Talib 4rth. Of course we lost our 2 best defensive players already but.....

Talib was playing lights out before his hip injury, but he's been battling that for a while. He might not even be our best corner post injury. He has been abused 3 games straight. Steve Smith owned him physically amd mentally,Andre Johnson toyed with him, and Gordon might have ruined his confidence for good. 2 PI's a personal foul, and a 80 yard td where Flash stiff armed him and ran away. Anybody nervous about him covering Mike Wallace? 

With that said, the problem yesterday was not just Talib, and while the secondary didn't play very well as a unit, it had more to do with the fact that we didn't get within 3 feet of THE IMMORTAL JASON CAMPBELL. We got bigtime problems up front, and it ain't gonna get much better.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The responses are pretty much as expected so far. The homers are at least leaning to "pro-bowl", the pragmatists are leaning to "competent starter".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I didn't say he was a nose tackle.  He's a Def Tackle. No one is replacing the best 3-4 NT in football, dumbo.

You never say anything except when you do, we had nothing to worry about with Vince going down because we had Vellano... joke.  Then again you're the one telling us Brady is the problem... enough said.

We lose the best NT in the game, a guy who is as athletic and experienced and I said "we have nothing to worry about?"

You know, I don't like liars, Wozzy.

You're a liar.

I've been the one on here taking heat saying he's been arguably the best D Lineman in football for almost 10 years.  

So, why would I say he's so easily replaceable?

Suggestion: Don't act weird, get on meds, and don't lie.

You did too downplay the loss of Wilfork - you said he hadn't been playing well anyway and it was no big loss. That is what you said and it was stupid then, it's stupid now and it will be stupid 6 months from now when we total up all the stupid things you wrote this season...just like every year.

As for McCourty, he absolutely sucked at corner and he is doing everything a average football player does at safety right now. He is no difference maker, except this time you can't run around saying he wasn't drafted to be one, because he was (just like Hightower). What do you think we can do? Continue to get average players all the time and pretend they are just super because Belichick drafted them? It's pathetic.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I think all will agree, he's better than Chung?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Poor Murtl, he finally cracked. The strain of being 10-3 was just more then he could bare.....

Belichick sux! 

Lol.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Poor Murtl, he finally cracked. The strain of being 10-3 was just more then he could bare.....

Belichick sux! 

Lol.

I think his dismay has to do with coming up empty for the last 8 years regarding the Lombardi Trophy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

The responses are pretty much as expected so far. The homers are at least leaning to "pro-bowl", the pragmatists are leaning to "competent starter".

There are plenty of guys that watch film that think DMC is more than a competent starter.  Doesn't mean you are a homer if you don't think every player on the team is average.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

There are plenty of guys that watch film that think DMC is more than a competent starter.  Doesn't mean you are a homer if you don't think every player on the team is average.

I didn't say that persons coming to a certain conclusion made them homers. I said the known homers are coming to a typical conclusion.

I certainly can name a number of players on the team that are not average.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I think all will agree, he's better than Chung?

YES. no doubt. sh1t gregory may be better. i liked Meriweather more than chung....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

There's a lot of homer love for the guy but I see him as nothing more then a mistake prone, average at best, player.

You also had the same oppinion of Mayo. Hopefully him being hurt, has showed you how foolish you were.

Here's a prime example of why Home schooling at the Belichick household doesn't work.  Explain the correlation?  Just because player A goes down and is replaced by an even worse 1st round bust in player B, doesn't mean Player A is great it just means Player B (Hightower) Sucks.

By the way, we were just fine without Mayo and Vince.  It wasn't until Kelly went down that it all went to chit.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

On the80 yd TD pass it looked like both safeties went after the tight end. It happened fast but it looked like McCourty should have been helping Talib on that play.

Talib was in single coverage and got burned.  I know this doesn't jive with the "McCourty sux and Talib saved this defense" narrative but that's the way it is, players get beat.

When have I ever said McCourty SUX as a safety? I never said Wilfork or Mayo sux either but I will say the defense is playing bad football right now. Bruschi said Talib was playing technique like he had inside help. The play is on NFL network as a can't miss play so anyone can watch it. It's actually Gregory that goes after the tight end leaving the center open though the play happened so fast and there were three Browns recievers in the same vicinity so I don't fault Gregory for doing the math in his head and realizing McCourty was covering a lot of space alone. The Pats actually rushed 7 on the play and got no pressure with a linebacker (Hightower I presume) getting flattened by the running back. Talib at the hike had his back to the center of the field so he clearly thought he had help (as Bruschi stated). There was clearly a miscommunication on someone's part.

Sections
Shortcuts