McCourty Vs. Wilson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

McCourty Vs. Wilson

I distinctly remember that when we drafted DMc, most of my buddies were clamouring for a pass rusher and even if they were OK with a CB, they prefered Kyle Wilson of Biose St., over DMc. So far, BB has made a fool out of everyone who questioned the pick.

Stats:

Devin McCourty: Rd1: Pick 28
    Tackles: 54
    PD: 13
    INT:3

Kyle Wilson: Rd1: Pick  29 (JETS)
    Tackles: 20
    PD: 4
    INT:0

DMc has played all but one snap this season and that is an ironman effort! Imagine playing for every snap in every game. Dude must have the stamina of a stallion!

It's too early to say but so far it looks like Gholston and Mayo story all over again. BB manged to pick the  "less stellar" player and get 4-5 times the productivity.
    I guess in BB we do have to trust!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

Re: McCourty Vs. Wilson

Rename your thread to: "Revis vs whoever you want to put up against him" lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: McCourty Vs. Wilson:
    [QUOTE]Rename your thread to: "Revis vs whoever you want to put up against him" lol
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

Is this an example of your claim to adding relevant posts to threads? Funny it looks like you're just acting like a punk.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

[QUOTE]Rename your thread to: "Revis vs whoever you want to put up against him" lol
    Do you see any logic to your own statement? Typical of Jets fans, having an IQ of an ant!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

This should read McCourty vs Revis in 2010.

McCourty has performed better so far this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

What does Revis have to do with a rookie to rookie comparison? Revis is a veteran and a great player. McCourty has been simply outstanding as a rookie, not perfect, but I don't know how much more you could ask for. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

Here is my logic. We have an all world corner in Revis and probably an all pro in Cromartie.  What do you want me to say about our 1st rounder that sits behind them?  There you go, I spelled it out for you.

Great thread!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Cromartie hasn't done much since 2007.   He also can't tackle.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Why sign Cromartie and then draft a CB in the 1st, unless you think one of the two will fail.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

[QUOTE]Why sign Cromartie and then draft a CB in the 1st, unless you think one of the two will fail.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

Supposedly thats Rex's MO.  He likes CBs.  If he had his way he would draft a ton of CBs.  It's his defense, I am just a fan.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

How about just drafting another good one, then?

lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McCourty Vs. Wilson : Supposedly thats Rex's MO.  He likes CBs.  If he had his way he would draft a ton of CBs.  It's his defense, I am just a fan.

didnt know this was peon...king troll...

and rusty and i are two different people ktp...theres your next avatar...

it must be tough to have a nickname where ever is releaving themselves on you... i can see why your frustrated son...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McCourty Vs. Wilson : Supposedly thats Rex's MO.  He likes CBs.  If he had his way he would draft a ton of CBs.  It's his defense, I am just a fan.

Because Wilson has spent a ton of time on the field. The Jets draft a bunch of corners because they play 3 corner setups more than most teams in the league. Wilson hasn't looked terrible, and the Jets have a very good pass defense, but there are a number of teams having better corner play than they have been. And Wilson has been a part of that, good and bad, because I wouldn't put the blame on Revis.  

But honestly, he has not looked as good as McCourty. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

Zbell: McCourty looks good from what I have seen but I also have heard rumors that your passing defense is terrible. Are teams passing away from Mcourty?  If so, those numbers up top mean little.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McCourty Vs. Wilson : Because Wilson has spent a ton of time on the field. The Jets draft a bunch of corners because they play 3 corner setups more than most teams in the league. Wilson hasn't looked terrible, and the Jets have a very good pass defense, but there are a number of teams having better corner play than they have been. And Wilson has been a part of that, good and bad, because I wouldn't put the blame on Revis.   But honestly, he has not looked as good as McCourty. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

I disagree.  Wilson was benched because he was terrible. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Come on guys.  McCourty looks like a solid player for years to come and imagine where that secondary would be without him.  He looks like the better player so far, but if the Pats had drafted Wilson we'd all be saying "he's only a rook" and "you can't make a judgement until 3 years have passed". 

People like to crucify idiots for calling Brace, Chung, Gronkowski, etc. busts before they have a chance to prove themselves.  I would say calling Wilson a failure or a bust at this point is hypocritical.

McCourty looks legit and he's proven to be a the "safe" pick that so many said he was prior to the draft.  Twenty something other teams passed on McCourty too, not just the Jets.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerryredsox11. Show jerryredsox11's posts

talking about CB's one amazing stat i cant believe the Pats have 13 team INT's to the Jets only 5 wowSealed

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]Zbell: McCourty looks good from what I have seen but I also have heard rumors that your passing defense is terrible. Are teams passing away from Mcourty?  If so, those numbers up top mean little.

How about these numbers? The right sideline is McCouurty's. That is practically "shutdown" status...

Peyton Manning Passing by Direction, Sunday vs Patriots

Right SidelineRest of Field
    Comp-Att3-735-45
    Yards/att6.07.9
    TD-Int0-2<<4-1
    Passer rtg23.2119.8

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]talking about CB's one amazing stat i cant believe the Pats have 13 team INT's to the Jets only 5 wow
    Posted by jerryredsox11[/QUOTE]

When you look at the facts and watch the games, ignoring the hype ridden  media commentary, it's amazing what you find.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]Here is my logic. We have an all world corner in Revis and probably an all pro in Cromartie.  What do you want me to say about our 1st rounder that sits behind them?  There you go, I spelled it out for you. Great thread!!!!

What I'll remember most about Revis is his faking an injury after Moss lit him up with a one-handed grab in the Meadowlands.

Or did you forget?  That "hammy injury" sure seemed to disappear fast, huh?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McCourty Vs. Wilson : When you look at the facts and watch the games, ignoring the hype ridden  media commentary, it's amazing what you find.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

The Jets' juggernaut D is also only 3 sacks ahead of NE, and NE has played a tougher schedule with better offenses.

Again, more factual context for our irrational friends here.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]Here is my logic. We have an all world corner in Revis and probably an all pro in Cromartie.  What do you want me to say about our 1st rounder that sits behind them?  There you go, I spelled it out for you. Great thread!!!!

Pretty pedestrian so far this year, 16th against the pass.  Should change your moniker to WoopDeeeDoo.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

[QUOTE]Zbell: McCourty looks good from what I have seen but I also have heard rumors that your passing defense is terrible. Are teams passing away from Mcourty?  If so, those numbers up top mean little.

In all honesty, I don't recall QB's throwing away from Revis in his rookie year too much either. I remember Moss hauling in a TD bomb from Brady over 3 Jets defenders, one of which was a fresh new corner named Revis. That isn't a knock on Revis, just the way it is. It's part of a learning curve for rookies. Playing is what makes them learn and possibly become a stud player. McCourty is on the right track. Gotta like what I've seen from him thus far.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McCourty Vs. Wilson : In all honesty, I don't recall QB's throwing away from Revis in his rookie year too much either. I remember Moss hauling in a TD bomb from Brady over 3 Jets defenders, one of which was a fresh new corner named Revis. That isn't a knock on Revis, just the way it is. It's part of a learning curve for rookies. Playing is what makes them learn and possibly become a stud player. McCourty is on the right track. Gotta like what I've seen from him thus far.
    Posted by nightrider495[/QUOTE]

I remember that play well.  he was on a deep slant and it looked like he was jogging but he was actually flying with 3 jets defenders trying to catch up.  I remember thinking that this was going to be a problem lol. 

Sections
Shortcuts