McCourty Vs. Wilson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: McCourty Vs. Wilson

In Response to Re: McCourty Vs. Wilson:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: McCourty Vs. Wilson : I remember that play well.  he was on a deep slant and it looked like he was jogging but he was actually flying with 3 jets defenders trying to catch up.  I remember thinking that this was going to be a problem lol. 
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Players age. Such is life. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McCourty Vs. Wilson : Pretty pedestrian so far this year, 16th against the pass.  Should change your moniker to WoopDeeeDoo.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

you can do better than that.  If we are 16th against the pass it is because noone can run on us so they have to pass.  If they do pass, it isnt to the outside receivers, you know better than to post bs like this, cosmo.  TE and backs in the middle of the field is the only spot where a qb can and does go on my defense.  A couple of guys get hit(if it is still allowed) for going across the middle and that noise stops soon enough.  In short, I expect more from your posts cosmo kramer..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

Folks, I'm a Jet hater of the first magnitude.  BUT......  Wilson has looked good after that Raven loss.  Is he McCourty?  No, but he is a good nickel corner, maybe a good 2nd corner soon.  And Cromartie has played pretty well.  The Jets are solid, but I feel we are better.  Given our history, I had predicted earlier that we would split the series.  Sorry to be 1/2 right so far.  But I think I will be totally right soon.  Putting the Jets down to take the division will be sweet, but they CERTAINLY will still be around, and we will have to deal with whoever wins between the Colts (if indeed they end up the 3 or 4 seed) and Jets.  One way or the other, one of them comes back to us in the end.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McCourty Vs. Wilson : I remember that play well.  he was on a deep slant and it looked like he was jogging but he was actually flying with 3 jets defenders trying to catch up.  I remember thinking that this was going to be a problem lol. 
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]
    I hate Jets as every other Pats fan. Speaking entirely from a fan of the game, Revis is a heck of a player. He is so good in man to man that the WR has no time or the separation to make a play. Now DMc is a different kind of CB. He may not be as good as Revis in Man to man, but he is a sure tackler and a 4 down player, which is rare these days. I'm sure in next two-three years, DMc will be a top 5 CB thanks to his excellent football IQ and special team prowess. Kyle Wilson, I can't say the same as of now. He may make me eat my words with a 10 int season, but to this day, DMc seems to be one of the better DB of the rookie class.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3928595. Show user_3928595's posts

[QUOTE]Come on guys.  McCourty looks like a solid player for years to come and imagine where that secondary would be without him.  He looks like the better player so far, but if the Pats had drafted Wilson we'd all be saying "he's only a rook" and "you can't make a judgement until 3 years have passed".  People like to crucify idiots for calling Brace, Chung, Gronkowski, etc. busts before they have a chance to prove themselves.  I would say calling Wilson a failure or a bust at this point is hypocritical. McCourty looks legit and he's proven to be a the "safe" pick that so many said he was prior to the draft.  Twenty something other teams passed on McCourty too, not just the Jets.   
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

C'mon bro try to keep up with the thread, its not that hard! NOBODY (except you) ever said that Kyle Wilson was a bust or a failure, just that he is not as good as McCourty. And as far as McCourty being a "safe" pick, give me a break. A safe pick is a college player who has basically peaked and you know what your getting from him, but dont expect more. McCourty is far from "safe," he will probably excel for this team for the next 8-10 years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Folks, I'm a Jet hater of the first magnitude.  BUT......  Wilson has looked good after that Raven loss.  Is he McCourty?  No, but he is a good nickel corner, maybe a good 2nd corner soon.  And Cromartie has played pretty well.  The Jets are solid, but I feel we are better.  Given our history, I had predicted earlier that we would split the series.  Sorry to be 1/2 right so far.  But I think I will be totally right soon.  Putting the Jets down to take the division will be sweet, but they CERTAINLY will still be around, and we will have to deal with whoever wins between the Colts (if indeed they end up the 3 or 4 seed) and Jets.  One way or the other, one of them comes back to us in the end.  
    Posted by TroyBrown80[/QUOTE]

Looked good? He was benched two weeks ago as the nickel. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McCourty Vs. Wilson : In all honesty, I don't recall QB's throwing away from Revis in his rookie year too much either. I remember Moss hauling in a TD bomb from Brady over 3 Jets defenders, one of which was a fresh new corner named Revis. That isn't a knock on Revis, just the way it is. It's part of a learning curve for rookies. Playing is what makes them learn and possibly become a stud player. McCourty is on the right track. Gotta like what I've seen from him thus far.
    Posted by nightrider495[/QUOTE]

They weren't. Clearly, Revis ascended into a lock down Pro Bowl CB last year.

Last year.

Rex's D was implemented and it's helped Revis play better.

In 2008, he was good, but not as good as 2009.

In 2007, he was a typical rookie he looked awful at times and show flashes he could be good, other times.

This whole "he's the best, never gets beat, is going to the HOF" rhettoric is concocted by the Jets organization to promote their  players, especially whom they picked in the draft recently.

Mike Tannenboob has been under big time pressure to generate excitment and this is why Rex RYan is an embarrassing cheerleader all week long, too.

It's all part of the sales package.

And yes, it goes back to the PSL thing.  Favre was signed to get people excited for PSLs.

Same concept.

Revis was torched last year by Tedd Ginn for crying out loud. And Chad Henne.

He just got torched on Sunday with a dropped TD pass to Kevin Walter.

Shutdown CBs don't get torched that frequently.  Revis is like Samuel.  A very good Pro Bowl CB, one of the best, but he will get beaten for TDs in single coverage.

The media starts repeating things over and over and some people start believing it.

Nmandi Asamhoua has been better than Revis and been doing it a lot longer to boot.  He barely has the ball thrown in his direction, while Revis is constantly challenged and beaten plenty.

Wake me when he has back to back Pro Bowl seasons (legit). 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]Come on guys.  McCourty looks like a solid player for years to come and imagine where that secondary would be without him.  He looks like the better player so far, but if the Pats had drafted Wilson we'd all be saying "he's only a rook" and "you can't make a judgement until 3 years have passed".  People like to crucify idiots for calling Brace, Chung, Gronkowski, etc. busts before they have a chance to prove themselves.  I would say calling Wilson a failure or a bust at this point is hypocritical. McCourty looks legit and he's proven to be a the "safe" pick that so many said he was prior to the draft.  Twenty something other teams passed on McCourty too, not just the Jets.   
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

Good post.  The voice of reason, rather than the voices of homerdom and/or troll land.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I guess my only issue is this:

1. Jets fans were convinced Wilson was superior, trying to get back (in their minds) at Pats fans for adivising them that BB baited Manboobs and Tannenrube into taking Gholston, #7 overall in 2008.

2. Wilson is small and projects more to be a nickel back similar to that of Wilhite. The irony is, he's struggling badly even playing nickel with limited pressure  on him to be "they guy" and perform out of the gate.

You won't expect Wilson to be able to cover larger WRs in man, single coverage, so why would you draft him in the 1st rd?

Rumor had it, NY wanted McCourty, not Wilson.

If Jets fans would just admit their 1st rd draft choices have been beyond sketchy in recent years, that would be one thing.  BUt, they don't.

They try to pretend BB is not good managing the Pats and nailing his 1st rd picks (for the most part, minus Maroney and Watson over 11 years).

Their 1st rd picks at times are either eyebrow raising or flat out bad investments in terms of the bang/buck.

This goes back to the 1980s or 1990s with the Jets struggling with their 1st rd picks, too.

Harris, Mangold and Revis and even Keller are the best they have had in the 1st rd, probably ever.

I just don't see where their depth is going to come from because of the money allocated in round 1 to the busts or potential busts alongside those picks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

I believe every teamin the league would more than satified if everyone of the first round picks played as well as McCourty has played in his rookie season,particularly st the CB position.Will he continue to improve game to game and season to season?There is not a single reason to feel he will not given his work ethic and intelligence.Once he has an intimate knowledge of the WR's in the league his should become more and more impressive.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

Man i had no idea we had that many INTs compared to the Jets. This defense has rewritten every garbage NFL stat this year! What a weird year......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

If you listened to the NY media as a mouthpiece for Woody Johnson, etc, you'd think the Jets were the '85 Bears on D and the '83 Redskins on offense.

But, when you watch them play and then look at their numbers, it doesn't really add up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

From personal experience (living in NY for a few years), I feel the papers there are divided between being "Jets" papers and "Giants" papers, basically.

When I lived there the NY Daily News was the Giants paper and the NY Post was more the Jets paper. Both papers covered both teams, obviously, but the fans of each team gravitated towards one paper more than the other. I'm not sure if this is still true.

What I observed was that the Giants papers and, as a result, Giants fans, were more reserved and realistic about the team; while the Jets papers tended to lean more towards the hyperbolic in their coverage, perhaps to drum up more enthusiasm and more revenues? That type of press coverage certainly influenced how Jets fans viewed the team (every August they were at least a playoff team, with at least six Pro Bowlers on both sides of the ball; and some years they were the hands-down AFC Super Bowl favorite).

Today, the Jets finally seem to have a team worthy of such high praise, but here again, the glowing coverage they're getting has far outweighed the reality of how they've been playing every week.

Still, 8-2 is 8-2, and I guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks who really is the bigger dog in the division.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Have you seen your pass defense? You are giving up 20+ points per game to not so very good QBs lately. 

Brodney Fool couldn't cover you in a phone booth.  Your LBs in coverage are nothing special either.

Like I said, the Saints Pass D was lowly rated last year, as was their overall D because it's aggressive.  They also caused turnovers.

I could care less about stats. I posted them to show the difference between the myth that one team's D is somehow magically better than the other when their pass rush is worse and turnover capabilty is worse.

Yards allowed is irrelevant with 4 rookies starting on an 8-2 team through 10 games.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Jets gave up 20 to Shaun Hill and 25+ to Houston at home.

Packers scored zero points? 

Is anyone concerned that Phat Rex is more far gone than we realize? Do any Jets fans here know this person personally?  Should be call 911?

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

lmao

Dude, your team have up 16 points in about 5 minutes to the Houston Texans at home.

We all saw the collapse.

Your talking about how great your D is and they are barely holding off teams like Denver (w/no run game), Detroit, Cleveland and Houston.

You won't be playing these kinds of teams in the playoffs.

Also, it doesn;t exclusively mean I am talking about pass D only.  The quality of the team your D is facing or the overall team they are facing, is what we are all talking about.

You're doing jumping jacks and eeking out wins to rookie QBs or one dimensional offenses.

You keep asking me how dumb I am, yet you are bragging about absolute mediocre play.  This is what is hilarious.

Since you are a Jets fan, we understand this is new territory for you.  We get it.

You're a lowly Jets fan who is absoultely beside himself the horseshoe is still up the Jets collective rear end.

Your team scored ZERO points off a Bye as well.  ZERO.  A new NFL record for a home team. lol!

Every single pundit out there is saying the same thing, and that is NY will have to play much better than what they have been doing lately if they think they are winning it all.

You're delusional if you think the Jets D is feared by any team with a good QB.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

It was not the best defense against Manning, no. 

See, I can admit these things.  But, that's the Colts offense. 

NY was outplayed by Houston at home.

Shawn Springs was the best LCB NE had since 2007. I have no idea why you keep bringing this up.   Lewis Sanders, Jonathan Wilhite or a rookie in Butler were not better than Springs was last year.

At least Springs was getting beaten constantly.

You're a strange, strange person.  Really, a toolbox that apparently is so angry in real life you come to a Pats board to vent your frustrations with the realities of the Jets.

You know that if Sanchez and the Jets choke in 2010, you'll never be here again.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McCourty Vs. Wilson : Riiiight, Shaun Hill.  How did he do against the Jets?  What were his stats?  Please look just so you can see how dumb you are.
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

You do realize that is why the Jets lost, right? Stafford left the game. lol!!!!

Good thing that happened, right Fatty!??

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts