mCcOURTY ...Wish we drafted an actual table lamp ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

mCcOURTY ...Wish we drafted an actual table lamp ?

I want to believe .

I really do .

I like him personally ( whats not to like ? )

But my gut tells me he just doesn't get this game of football .

Physically talented ?

Check.

Sadly ... after watching every snap of his roughly 2 1/4 years of pro football ...

I conclude he has the instincts ( quick twitch / head swivel ) of a table lamp . . .

w/o the light bulb .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: mCcOURTY ...Wish we drafted an actual table lamp ?

I say it is coaching, Mayo and Chung do the exact same thing. McCourty is a solid CB, if he starts looking for the ball he'll be a GREAT CB. Look at all the plays he's given up, it's just a case of him not looking for the ball.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

the PI he got in the end zone was just flat out embarassing.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the PI he got in the end zone was just flat out embarassing.

[/QUOTE]

thank you to you and your fellow pats fans here for showing class on this dumb a** thread

and i didn't know "overachieving" was a bad thing

[/QUOTE]

what are you talking about? mccourty is far from an over-achiever....im not going to get on him too much because the whole secondary hasnt been very good, im just pointing out that play was ugly....

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

JintsFan . . .

You admittedly aren't as bad as the typical waste-O-lifes that crawl out from under the rocks to stir the pot .

I've come to accept your opinions as being worthwhile .

That said ...

No one needs a fan of another team spoutin' out about what's a credible Pats thread and whats not.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Appreciate the clarification ...really do .

I actually enjoy when a fan of another team ( or political party if its a red / blue sight ) can honestly critique w/o all the unnecessary drama .

It promotes discussion  /  multiple opinions  and ultimately a greater understanding .

Viva la difference

That said ...

Victor Cruz deserves to get laid out .

( kidding )

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I wish he would turn and look back. He's on his man but needs to look back so he can make a play and not get called for p.i.

Dennard played it perfectly today, turning and contesting every

Pass.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wish he would turn and look back. He's on his man but needs to look back so he can make a play and not get called for p.i.

Pass.

[/QUOTE]

+1

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to CaptnFoxboro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I want to believe .

I really do .

I like him personally ( whats not to like ? )

But my gut tells me he just doesn't get this game of football .

Physically talented ?

Check.

Sadly ... after watching every snap of his roughly 2 1/4 years of pro football ...

I conclude he has the instincts ( quick twitch / head swivel ) of a table lamp . . .

w/o the light bulb .

[/QUOTE]

just laughing and cough-laughing...

he gets football, not corner position.

i think actaully it got wipeed from his memory banks after his first year.

maybe bb did it for an experiment i dont know; seems bb cant love him more.

:)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I say it is coaching, Mayo and Chung do the exact same thing. McCourty is a solid CB, if he starts looking for the ball he'll be a GREAT CB. Look at all the plays he's given up, it's just a case of him not looking for the ball.

[/QUOTE]

largely, but ive seen several other things from snap hes not doing well (rather ha not been doing well since last year). icannot help but feel weve been duped by a switch after year one with his brother

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

Pass.

[/QUOTE]

dennard looked like he actaully plays corner or dfensive back of any variety.

i have some hope there.

but by year 2 he may suck too.... :(

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Not McCourty's best day Sunday, but overall I think he's played pretty well this season.  I need to rewatch the game, but I'm not sure he got much safety help yesterday.  If he's not getting that over-the-top help, he may be more concerned with keeping his eyes on the receiver (rather than turning to find the ball) because he's afraid of losing the receiver and potentially giving up a TD. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Pass.

[/QUOTE]
    dennard looked like he actaully plays corner or dfensive back of any variety.

i have some hope there.

but by year 2 he may suck too.... :(

[/QUOTE]

Yup, once our DB coach works with him he wont turn his head and look for the ball. How can BB not see that our DB coach blows. McCourty has slowly regressed and our cornerbacks have been a joke for a while now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

It is sad watching the secondary, but it's been this way for a while.  For as long as they have an offense like this one, they don't give a **** about the secondary.  14 of the Bronco's 21 came from short stuff in or near the redzone, not deep outs where the backs got beat.

Their secondary was even worse last year and they made it places.  When Brady retires, they really need to adress this issue.  I think that until then, BB knows his offense will put up more than the defense gives back.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to CaptnFoxboro's comment:
    [QUOTE] I conclude he has the instincts ( quick twitch / head swivel ) of a table lamp . . .w/o the light bulb .[/QUO

I've got a table lamp w/o a lightbulb that we can put out on the field.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Not to bring back the past but the Patriot's have regressed on the position from the time they let Asante Samuel go.  Like or not they haven't had an impact CB since...

I wish I could say McCourty is a work in progress , I can't because I was saying that all of last season.  What I would like to know from observers at the games is how's his coverage on all the other plays the ball is not thrown in his direction ?  Someone kept saying yesterday Manning stayed away from McCourty. 

so I ask , is it because his man was covered well ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

As many games as guys like McCourty has played in his lifetime and the number of coaches that have told them to turn your head and look for ball and don't interfere and they don't get it right, never will.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Manning didn't really throw at DMC that much during the game.  He got beat a few times, but the fact that Peyton generally stayed away from who he was covering speaks volumes imo.  I don't understand the DMC bashing threads.  He played far better than a lot of the other guys in the secondary and they don't get nearly as much grief on this board let alone entire threads devoted to bashing them.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Imagine our secondary giving up yards to a crappy QB like Manning who had a tiny amount of pass attempts.

Sections
Shortcuts