mCcOURTY ...Wish we drafted an actual table lamp ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: mCcOURTY ...Wish we drafted an actual table lamp ?

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Manning didn't really throw at DMC that much during the game.  He got beat a few times, but the fact that Peyton generally stayed away from who he was covering speaks volumes imo.  I don't understand the DMC bashing threads.  He played far better than a lot of the other guys in the secondary and they don't get nearly as much grief on this board let alone entire threads devoted to bashing them.

[/QUOTE]

That's why I'm asking . On TV on our couches and the wonderful coverage from whomever carries the game we can't determine why Peyton didn't throw in his direction .  Was it because his man was covered well ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Seriously,Over react much ?  McCourty makes things happen thats how our D rolls, he makes mistakes sometimes but he makes big plays too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's why I'm asking . On TV on our couches and the wonderful coverage from whomever carries the game we can't determine why Peyton didn't throw in his direction .  Was it because his man was covered well ?

[/QUOTE]

If DMC was being consistently beaten Manning would have thrown it to the guy he was covering.  The guy is a Hall of Famer.  He will throw to the open guy.  I can't know for sure since like you I watched the game on TV, but if DMC was getting roasted I think we would have known.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]

Manning didn't really throw at DMC that much during the game.  He got beat a few times, but the fact that Peyton generally stayed away from who he was covering speaks volumes imo.  I don't understand the DMC bashing threads.  He played far better than a lot of the other guys in the secondary and they don't get nearly as much grief on this board let alone entire threads devoted to bashing them.

[/QUOTE]

I think its because of the his first year performance and high expectations.  All of the other secondary players are "scrubs" - so we expect them to frick up.....lol

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

thomas had 9 catches for 188 yards.....manning did far from "stay away" from DMC, he picked him apart.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

thomas had 9 catches for 188 yards.....manning did far from "stay away" from DMC, he picked him apart.

[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure most of those yards came against the rest of our secondary.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Our defense kept the Mainning-led offense to a total of 7 points in the first half and 21 points despite getting excellent field position atleast 2 times - Ridley fumble and the turnover on downs.

Kudos to them.

Regarding DMC, I counted 1 major mistake - the PI call. Besides, that he played ok.

A table lamp over DMC? Over-reaction maybe?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure most of those yards came against the rest of our secondary.

[/QUOTE]

People don't want to look at facts.  54 yards allowed by him isn't that bad. The TD was a nice throw from Manning to Decker.  As Simms said "not much you can do there".

They picked on Sterling Moore a lot more than they did DMC.

Bottom line is the D overall is ahead of where it was last year which bodes well for their run.

[/QUOTE]

i agree the defense has been good, but DMC has not been good.....the PI in the end zone was awful and there was also a play at the end of the game where thomas flat out embarassed him. he may be one of the best athletes on the defense, but right now mentally, he just doesnt have it. i believe he has the skills to be a good cb, he showed it in his rookie season....but he has alot of work to do....if this continues he needs to be put at safety or benched.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]

i agree the defense has been good, but DMC has not been good.....the PI in the end zone was awful and there was also a play at the end of the game where thomas flat out embarassed him. he may be one of the best athletes on the defense, but right now mentally, he just doesnt have it. i believe he has the skills to be a good cb, he showed it in his rookie season....but he has alot of work to do....if this continues he needs to be put at safety or benched.

[/QUOTE]

Considering Thomas didn't have a TD that game what play are you referring to?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gibsonsg. Show gibsonsg's posts

The Pats won their SB trophies when they had top DB and Safety talent: Law, Milloy, Rodney, Asante, etc. In the years since all those veterans left they've tried to piece it together with young talent and it hasn't worked out. Their Achilles' heel has been the inability to stop the pass, especially in late game situations. It's hard to feel confident that this year's secondary is going to be much better.

McCourty defintely seems lilke the weak link on the team right now. He has moments, but he's gotta start playing the ball more and not getting flagged. QB's are just picking on him now and know they have a great chance of getting the PI call just by throwing in his direction.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I now wish McCourty didn't have such a great rookie year, it may have made the Pats brass think we were set for years at #1 CB, which is obv. not true. He's been getting a real bad rap, but as people have said he can cover and really isn't that bad, just needs to turn his head more.

It would have been nice if he had a good/very good '10, making us think we had our #2 locked down, instead of being an all-pro, and then the Patriots made a big FA splash with Asomugha, the best possible move last offseason.

Then they could have drafted Ayers and Houston instead of Ras-I and Vareen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Considering Thomas didn't have a TD that game what play are you referring to?

[/QUOTE]

the pass interference in the end zone...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

McCourty is staying with his man very well this year, I think.  I'll look at the film once the NFL posts it, but I thought his coverage was generally tight yesterday as it has been most of the season.  The fact that he can run with top receivers is a good thing.  Turning his head and making plays on the ball?  Avoiding PI? Yes, it would be good if he did a bit more of that, but overall I think fans are down on him more than they should be.  In fact, he may very well be the best player in our secondary.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I now wish McCourty didn't have such a great rookie year, it may have made the Pats brass think we were set for years at #1 CB, which is obv. not true. He's been getting a real bad rap, but as people have said he can cover and really isn't that bad, just needs to turn his head more.

It would have been nice if he had a good/very good '10, making us think we had our #2 locked down, instead of being an all-pro, and then the Patriots made a big FA splash with Asomugha, the best possible move last offseason.

Then they could have drafted Ayers and Houston instead of Ras-I and Vareen.

[/QUOTE]

Hindsight is always 20-20.

I wonder how many other teams are kicking themselves for not drafting Brady, Hernandez, Gronk, Ridley, Bolden, C. Jones etc. or trading for Welker etc.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Moore was burned by Manning in the first quarter. If the patriots had lost and Moore hadn't knocked the ball out of the receiver's hands....he would have been lynched

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

I think you're right this lamp shows the ability to turn its head and then extend .....

http://youtu.be/_V3b0V8MRAc

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not McCourty's best day Sunday, but overall I think he's played pretty well this season.  I need to rewatch the game, but I'm not sure he got much safety help yesterday.  If he's not getting that over-the-top help, he may be more concerned with keeping his eyes on the receiver (rather than turning to find the ball) because he's afraid of losing the receiver and potentially giving up a TD. 

[/QUOTE]

Follow the ball and the receiver is likely to find you. LOL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to harleyroadking12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think you're right this lamp shows the ability to turn its head and then extend .....

http://youtu.be/_V3b0V8MRAc

[/QUOTE]

LOL, Harley!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I think McCourty is actually an above average CB. He rarely gets burned, and his PI calls are because he simply doesn't play the ball, but instead the WR. if he can correct this, he will be very good...AND, he's already better than shrimpy arms Wilson PhatRex. He may not be in the same league as Revis, but few if any are. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to PhatRex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think McCourty is actually an above average CB. He rarely gets burned, and his PI calls are because he simply doesn't play the ball, but instead the WR. if he can correct this, he will be very good...AND, he's already better than shrimpy arms Wilson PhatRex. He may not be in the same league as Revis, but few if any are. 

[/QUOTE]

He "already better"?  You mean drafted ahead of Wilson in the same year onto an awful pass D that has remained awful?  Sure ok.  He was better in his first year.  I heard he was better than Revis.  

[/QUOTE]

What name are you going to use after Rex is fired for being a joke of a head coach?

Good of you to crawl in and run your mouth before the Jets get spanked again and you pull your disappearing act.