McDaniels an asset against Denver?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: McDaniels an asset against Denver?

In Response to Re: McDaniels an asset against Denver?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: McDaniels an asset against Denver? : Strategically he will be an asset. Also B'OB must on some level welcome help with all the stuff he needs to do for PS. The only problem could just be personal dynamics / territorial stuff. Don't know how these guys get along, assume they will be professionals.
    Posted by patsbandwagonsince76[/QUOTE]

I also think that McDaniels won't know all those new plays that utilize the two tight ends that O'Brien designed

I think this will be McDaniels' biggest learning curve.  I don't know if he'll be able to keep the flow with the current personnel (built VERY differently since the last time McD was here) like O'Brien can when he's on

When you realize the Patriots have exactly one receiver who would start on any other remaining contender and two tight ends who don't fit anything traditional, you appreciate that Bill O'Brien called the 3rd-ranked offense with exactly one receiver who would start on any other remaining contender.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla-2010. Show MVPkilla-2010's posts

I just hope McDanials being back does mess up the offense next season. He didnt employ tight ends the way the Pats do now when he was OC. We didnt have Gronk but still

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Not sure.  While he certainly knows some of the personnel, the scheme is likely quite different.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

surprised that trolls aren't screaming that this cheating and that the Pats should be fined and BB drawn and quartered and loss a first round pick, be sanctioned by the gov't, quarantined, made to listen to Michelle Bachman, made to listen to Tony Dungheap, made to watch espn with Killa, made to bow before King GODell..............

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

McDaniels will be an asset for the playoffs in general and this game in particular.  In the case of the Denver game he brings an in-depth knowledge of most of the Denver players and their tendencies. 

With respect to his contributions to the Pats O, a fresh look won't hurt and a learned eye on the Denver D certainly would be of some help.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]surprised that trolls aren't screaming that this cheating and that the Pats should be fined and BB drawn and quartered and loss a first round pick, be sanctioned by the gov't, quarantined, made to listen to Michelle Bachman, made to listen to Tony Dungheap, made to watch espn with Killa, made to bow before King GODell..............
    Posted by harleyroadking12[/QUOTE]
    huh?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

i don't think its going to be as big an impact as we'd like.

still boils down to containing their run/option game and the patriots getting up 2-3 scores. I think it will be a much tougher game than the last one, even though it's in Foxboro. At least we won't have to deal with altitude changes and hopefully some of our guys have a chance to heal up a lil and practice well this week.

We will miss carter

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

No one thinks that this just might not be a good thing?  For several years now this has been Bill O'Brien's offense.  We got to the playoffs again this year with that OC.  Now it looks like O'Brien is really the head coach of Penn State and McDaniels will be our OC for the playoffs, although its been said that "he's consulting".  Is that really wise?  Really?  I think its a potential disruption of an offesne that has been functioning at a high level all season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

[QUOTE]No one thinks that this just might not be a good thing?  For several years now this has been Bill O'Brien's offense.  We got to the playoffs again this year with that OC.  Now it looks like O'Brien is really the head coach of Penn State and McDaniels will be our OC for the playoffs, although its been said that "he's consulting".  Is that really wise?  Really?  I think its a potential disruption of an offesne that has been functioning at a high level all season.
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]
    I think the "consulting" part will be about player weaknesses & strengths. Obrien will continue calling the games. I see McD up in the booth, helping point out possible adjustments if needed. You can't have two chiefs running this offense, and BB knows this.
    I say he will be a definite asset. Glad to have him here!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla-2010. Show MVPkilla-2010's posts

I do think that long term its a good thing because if you think about it the O has changed a lot since Josh left for Denver. We are way more ballanced and more like the old Pats as far as the tight ends and RBs go. So Josh gets to come in and take orders from Bill O Brian for a few weeks to see how he runs the O and then he gets to take over. Cause I dont see BB letting the offense slip back into 2007 mode.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McDaniels an asset against Denver? : I also think that McDaniels won't know all those new plays that utilize the two tight ends that O'Brien designed I think this will be McDaniels' biggest learning curve.  I don't know if he'll be able to keep the flow with the current personnel (built VERY differently since the last time McD was here) like O'Brien can when he's on When you realize the Patriots have exactly one receiver who would start on any other remaining contender and two tight ends who don't fit anything traditional, you appreciate that Bill O'Brien called the 3rd-ranked offense with exactly one receiver who would start on any other remaining contender.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

That is what I keep saying, but people don't really get it for some reason. 

The 2011 Patriots' offense =/= the 2007-8 Patriots' offense. Most of McDaniels' plays are probably long gone, the playbook is already compiled (they do that in the offseason). It's half full of passing plays that NE didn't even have the personnel to run the last time McD was here. His team spread the field with four or five wide, this team operates out of the 22 bunch and occaisonally gives a "spread" look, by sending one o fthe TEs and/or RB out. The routes are different, the blocking is different, the plays they can check to, therefore, are completely different.

OB has his OWN thing going on ... how many times did you see a WR or TE line up in the backfield under McD? How many times were there two TEs? How often was Welker lined up at split-end under McD? 

It's oranges and McD knows apples. 

All that is left are probably the five wide and 11 package plays, and the terminilogy that has been used in this offense since before either of these guys got here. 

You don't "add" totally a bunch of new plays the players haven't practiced on the fly before the biggest game of the season, and you don't digest a 1000+ bible of plays in one week while game planning. 

If McD has any minor impact it will be strategic only, dealing with how NE defends the Broncos players. If he has any REAL impact it won't be for weeks once he has gotten a feel for the new tools this offense works with. 

Right now, he is just another set of eyes in the film room and on the field. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Furthermore, McD does NOT know the Broncos' offense. The Broncos are running a wierd read-option/Florida spread/Wing-type offense that is completely different than the "Air-Earhardt" offense he was using in Denver. 

If NE wants a competitive advantage they should hire Urban Meyer or something before he picks up for Ohio State. He would "know" the Broncos' offense and QB as well as McD.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I agree with a lot of you guys, he won't be able to bring a heck of a lot as far as the knowledge of their playbook but could offer some strengths and weaknesses with personnel. It may help a little but we beat them once already in Denver so I'm not worried.

On another note, we're all thinking how this will help the Pats, has anyone stopped to think about how it may hurt the Broncos? Despite what Josh may or may not be able to bring to this game for NE it may have an effect on how some of those players/coaches think. A 24 year old may not know what he brings.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Wheres Mighty? I agree with him this should be a chipshot win.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[QUOTE]Wheres Mighty? I agree with him this should be a chipshot win.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

Mighty thinks every game's a chipshot win and if you don't agree you're a troll. The Pats will win this week but I'd be careful about "chipshot" I'm sure Pittssburgh thought that before the game started yesterday too!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Josh will have lots of  knowelege about the teams interpersonel chemistry .    Like which Dever players might be steamed about Tebow getting all the credit for their hard work.
     That stuff can be used on the field to create distractions for the Bronco players.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

I do think it is a asset! Brady always clicked with McDaniels and in my opinion it can't hurt, so it's a plus!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think he will be almost no help. Denver has a different play book. The Pats likely know more about Denver from playing them a month ago than Josh knows from over a year ago. He knows some players, don't see how that helps. Everything pertinent they need to know about players is on tape. Hernandez and Spikes know Tebow too, doubt BB is grilling them for information.

Sections
Shortcuts