McDaniels an asset against Denver?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

McDaniels an asset against Denver?

What better timing could BB have? Just days before knowing he would play the Tebow led Broncos, he hires the man who drafted him. Sure McD hasn't put together the playbook for him this year, but he has to have some good insight into the guy. We beat them once in their home and we will do it again. So what do you guys think, can or will McD have an impact in the game against the Broncos?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: McDaniels an asset against Denver?

+1..  you got that RIGHT!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I think he will have a huge impact, but not because of knowing their offense or anything about Tebow.  He is a creative play caller, and I see him tweaking the game plan, adding some things, and maybe being up in the booth calling for plays if he sees something.  BIG help for a team that struggles early.  And unafraid of the job, something that limited BOB I think.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Yes. McDaniels will be an asset in game planning. He'll be into it. I well remember when he beat the Pats at Denver. He was dowright gleeful.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

Does he know anything about Denvers O?  I think this is a non-factor seeing how they change the playbook once a HC leaves.  He may have added motivation, but nothing more than that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

McD knows the personnel, but not the playbook.  He'll be an asset no doubt...but it's not like we're going to know exactly what's coming.

BTW...Belichick didn't with any certainty, know the Pats were going to face off against the Broncos.  I think he wanted to make sure he got McD in house before someone else asked him to come in.  Nonetheless, he knew the three teams they might have played.  They probably did more scouting on Cincy because they already faced the other two teams more recently.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TD_Jesus. Show TD_Jesus's posts

Most likely not. McDaniels wouldn't know how to coach Tebow. If he did he'd still have a job there. He's a great judge of talent though so he should be able to tell the team just how good tebow is and maybe that will help.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla-2010. Show MVPkilla-2010's posts

First im just happy to have McDanials back on the staff. Second, he didnt just draft Tebow he also drafted a bunch of people on that team. The WR who got the game winning TD in OT tonight Thomas is his last name was also drafted by McDanials and has looked pretty good when healthy.

I actually called this win for Denver and won some money so im not looking past Tim Tebow. They have that "if we get hot" type thing going for them and are D is suspect. So its gonna be interesting IMO.

Happy the Steelers are out though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: McDaniels an asset against Denver?:
    [QUOTE]Most likely not. McDaniels wouldn't know how to coach Tebow. If he did he'd still have a job there. He's a great judge of talent though so he should be able to tell the team just how good tebow is and maybe that will help.
    Posted by TD_Jesus[/QUOTE]

I don't think Jesus likes deceitful and false worshipers like yourself.
    Probably why the Pats crucified the frauds the first time and will again.
    Now, get along, you got some forgiveness asking to do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Brady and Co. will be ready and denver might have won today BUT...they won't next week. Tom isn't going to lose this round.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I don't think so.  A lot of that personnel was let go.  More of a help with the defensive personnel's individual tendencies... I don't know if the 3-4 they run now is different than the one they ran with McDaniels and Nolan.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

JMac is a huge upgrade over O'Blivious so his presence will help in general.  I expect a 4 TD win with another huge day for Hernandez.

I love the Bucket list entry of visiting the worlds largest Thermometer.  Freaking hilarious freediro.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McDaniels an asset against Denver? : I don't think Jesus likes deceitful and false worshipers like yourself. Probably why the Pats crucified the frauds the first time and will again. Now, get along, you got some forgiveness asking to do.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

NICE! Call out of the troll hiding behind jesus. Gonna be a wild week ahead.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Pats officially announce Josh McDaniels back on staff as offensive assistant ... And he faces Tebow, who he drafted in Denver, in six days

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Shouls be a big help

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]JMac is a huge upgrade over O'Blivious so his presence will help in general.  I expect a 4 TD win with another huge day for Hernandez. I love the Bucket list entry of visiting the worlds largest Thermometer.  Freaking hilarious freediro.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]
    I am with you, Hernandez will have a +150 yards and 2 TD day against the Broncos. This is if Welker and Gronk get double teamed all night, if the Broncos want to let Hernandez beat them all game then that's fine with me. I would like to see a little more screen passes for Hern and I am sure McD is the man to draw them up. Hernandez should even get an end around or two just to keep the Broncos' D on their heels some more.

Thanks, tcal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from taljr. Show taljr's posts

I think more importantly he can maybe invigorate OUR playbook and there is no question, he is very familiar with OUR playbook. I think he will help, as all assistants do, with game planning against a team whose personnel he knows VERY well. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

[QUOTE]I think he will have a huge impact, but not because of knowing their offense or anything about Tebow.  He is a creative play caller, and I see him tweaking the game plan, adding some things, and maybe being up in the booth calling for plays if he sees something.  BIG help for a team that struggles early.  And unafraid of the job, something that limited BOB I think.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

I think he will be in the booth seeing what the Broncos are doing on defesne and getting the adjustments to BO'B faster.

Also think he will help the patriots have a faster start.

As long as this does not turn inot a pissing match between MickyD and BO then it will be very good.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

I feel that his impact will be related to the amount of authority he will have but i believe that he will be at least of some help even if he can't call the shots,just having some imput into the game plan and how to best attack the Broncos.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

He's got to be an asset - how could he possibly be a liability?  He's familiar with the team, and BB and staff aren't exactly slouches when it comes to preparing for an opponent.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Here is what Reiss thinks:
    2. McDaniels angle hard to ignore. In the end, the players will decide the game on the field. We know that. But the storyline of coach Josh McDaniels returning to the Patriots, and helping prepare against the team in which he served as head coach in 2009 and 2010, is compelling. McDaniels' two first-round picks in 2010 were quarterback Tim Tebow and receiver Demaryius Thomas, and the Tebow/Thomas connection hooked up for the 80-yard touchdown in overtime to beat the Steelers. You can't make this stuff up. McDaniels' information on the strengths and weaknesses of Broncos personnel figures to be valuable to the Patriots in the game-planning process.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

[QUOTE]He's got to be an asset - how could he possibly be a liability?  He's familiar with the team, and BB and staff aren't exactly slouches when it comes to preparing for an opponent.
    Posted by gr82bme[/QUOTE]

Strategically he will be an asset.

Also B'OB must on some level welcome help with all the stuff he needs to do for PS.

The only problem could just be personal dynamics / territorial stuff. Don't know how these guys get along, assume they will be professionals.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

This is the first time in memory that a head coach for part of the regular season wound up coaching against that team.  I can't think of a better person to hire, to get an edge.  It's one thing to grab any player, even a fringe player.  In practice players sometimes don't tell on their old teams.  It's another to grab a team's old starting quarterback (Orton, who wreaked revenge on Denver 3 weeks later). 

McDaniels knows the offense (except maybe, possibly for plays that Tebow himself has brought from Florida).  McDaniels has run Tebow in preseason.  He knows the defense almost as well as the caretaker coach, John Fox.   Those are all McDaniels's handpicked players, even Tebow.  He knows every player's weaknesses and tendencies.  Those are McDaniels's signals that the Broncos use. 

This is almost criminal.  Denver only gets 6 days to change up on the fly.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: McDaniels an asset against Denver?": [QUOTE]This is the first time in memory that a head coach for part of the regular season wound up coaching against that team.  I can't think of a better person to hire, to get an edge.  It's one thing to grab any player, even a fringe player.  In practice players sometimes don't tell on their old teams.  It's another to grab a team's old starting quarterback (Orton, who wreaked revenge on Denver 3 weeks later).  McDaniels knows the offense (except maybe, possibly for plays that Tebow himself has brought from Florida).  McDaniels has run Tebow in preseason.  He knows the defense almost as well as the caretaker coach, John Fox.   Those are all McDaniels's handpicked players, even Tebow.  He knows every player's weaknesses and tendencies.  Those are McDaniels's signals that the Broncos use.  This is almost criminal.  Denver only gets 6 days to change up on the fly. Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE] Mcdaniels wasn't the Denver coach at anytime this season and I suspect none of the plays have remained the same from his tenure. He's familiar with the players but I don't think that's going to be as big a factor as the the familiarity the Pats have from playing them a month ago.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

We beat the Broncos without McDaniels this year already. He brings nothing special to the table IMO. 

In fact, if we should lose the game (perish the thought) he'll be the probably scapegoat if the offense sputters. 

Sections
Shortcuts