McDaniel's Broncos are at it again.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: McDaniel's Broncos are at it again.

They're Bowlen's Broncos and as long as he backs his coach not much will change i n terms of Mc Daniels coaching demeanor. There are warm fuzzy player coaches that succeed (Dungy) and hardasses (Coughlin, Belichick, Parcells) that succeed. Some players have to buy into Mc Daniels philosophy or it'll be a long season fraught with internal strife.....like the Cowboys minus Owens. Is Mc Daniels the first rookie coach to endure a contract dispute...no....and he won't be the last. 

The ancient Egyptians invented beer....so I am going with beer over bread...weed having yet to be fully discovered and appreciated.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

The ancient Egyptians invented beer....so I am going with beer over bread...weed having yet to be fully discovered and appreciated.

I thought Native Americans were here 50,000 years ago. Surely they brought their peace pipes with them!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I know I brought my peace pipe with me lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Mmmmmmmm . . .

beer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: McDaniel's Broncos are at it again.:
    In Response to Re: McDaniel's Broncos are at it again. : Typical pats fan response.  If you were never in that dome you would never know the ear ringing noise a good fan base like Indy can create in a closed environment.  The RCA dome noise theory has less credibility than Bernard Madoff's investment skill.   I would love to believe that Belichick is the best coach in the league, but every time I try, I can't get past the commissioners words: "This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid longstanding rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field," Goodell wrote.
    Posted by underdogg

You are probably right about the noise.  Turning up the heat however, was bad sportsmanship at best, mild cheating at worse.  I still remember the announcers talking quite a bit about how unusually hot it was in the stadium.  What a coincidence.  A cold weather team comes into the stadium and the heat just so happens to be set to a near unbearable level (for playing football). 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: McDaniel's Broncos are at it again. : Underdogg.....without personnel? So you are saying Bob Sanders is not the right personal? How about Dwight Freeney (who is a beast in my opinion), Marlin Jackson, Bethea, Ratliff.  There is too much talent on the defensive side of the ball. Are you saying they lost last year because of personnel?  I'll take those guys on my team anyday!
    Posted by bmartins16

The colts have been much better the last 2 years.  There has finally been some focus on the defensive side of the ball.  Even with 12 wins last year, injuries hurt us.  Our d-tackles averaged about 265 last year until we tried out an undrafted FA (antonio johnson) who turned out to be pretty good.  Had injury issue at LB and DB last year. 

But when the pats were kicking the colts a*s (man that was a while ago) it was clear that the colts D was very limited while the pats d was extraordinary. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

That is what I was saying B, Dungy had years to build his defense, years upon years to put his guys in place and build a dominate defense and he never did it. He drafted year after year to fit his scheme and year after year his D was not good enough. That to me says that he is not nearly the coach people have made him out to be. The guy had years to make that Defense into exactly the kind of D he wanted maybe the problem was his scheme was a puss puss scheme to begin with.
    Posted by MVPkilla

The weed's affecting your brain.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: McDaniel's Broncos are at it again. : You are probably right about the noise.  Turning up the heat however, was bad sportsmanship at best, mild cheating at worse.  I still remember the announcers talking quite a bit about how unusually hot it was in the stadium.  What a coincidence.  A cold weather team comes into the stadium and the heat just so happens to be set to a near unbearable level (for playing football). 
    Posted by carawaydj

Once again an unproven and unprovable whining way to rationalize a loss.  This is very unlike Belichick watering down his field to slow down the opposition.  So much so that the league made the pats change their field to artificial. 

Belichick fits in the same breath with Burress, Vick, and for selfishness, Favre.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

The Egyptians would have been proud of Bell's Oberon.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Bub - this never would have happened if McDaniels didn't publicly say Jay's my guy only to stab him in his back.  Its not Cutler who needs to give back his diploma, but McDaniels who needs to turn in his whistle.  He's demonstrated he doesn't know how to use it. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

underdogg the league didnt make us do anything Bob Kraft wanted to protect his players so he had them change the grass not the league gets your facts straight. lol

And the wedd is affecting my brain.....but in a good way! lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

In Response to Re: McDaniel's Broncos are at it again. : This is the case for all coaches.  Coaches do matter, but without the personnel, they are nothing.
    Posted by underdogg
    Dogg once again you ignore the primary component to the Colts sucess, Polian. With him doing the dirty work behind the scenes, the Colts could afford to have the sanctimonious hypocrite as the public face of the team. As your reliance on the Commissioner's integrity, you conveniently neglect that he overlooked the fact that his former employer, the Jets did the same filming  the Pats did and its was covered up. Funny how Goodell promised that he would investigate the leak of the Pats tape to Fox TV and that investigation was swpet under the rug. The most important thing for the Colts to do this season is get the taxpayers of Marion county to keep the lights on in Lucas. I am sure Irsay has Mayflower on his speed dial for a midenight departure, a trick which he learned from his father LOL.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I guess when outsiders cant bash Belichick they look for any reason they can find to bash one of his former coaches. Very transparent of you underdogg.
    Posted by MVPkilla

Hammer, meet the head of the nail.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: McDaniel's Broncos are at it again. : Hammer, meet the head of the nail.
    Posted by EnochRoot

Well since you've demonstrated your inability to do effectively make your own points.  I commend your decision to follow others say with lame ways of saying - YEAH!!!!

It suits you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: McDaniel's Broncos are at it again. : Dogg once again you ignore the primary component to the Colts sucess, Polian. With him doing the dirty work behind the scenes, the Colts could afford to have the sanctimonious hypocrite as the public face of the team. As your reliance on the Commissioner's integrity, you conveniently neglect that he overlooked the fact that his former employer, the Jets did the same filming  the Pats did and its was covered up. Funny how Goodell promised that he would investigate the leak of the Pats tape to Fox TV and that investigation was swpet under the rug. The most important thing for the Colts to do this season is get the taxpayers of Marion county to keep the lights on in Lucas. I am sure Irsay has Mayflower on his speed dial for a midenight departure, a trick which he learned from his father LOL.
    Posted by flasox

Flasox - what's up?  Be careful, someone from the NFL office (aka the boogeyman) is hiding under your bed just waiting for you to say the wrong thing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

Why should I care about McDaniels? ................. Just what I thought, I shouldn't. And don't.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Cutler and Marshall are going to be out of the league in three years. Marshall will be in jail and cutler will have his azz handed to him all year for being a lose in denver. I wouldn't want these two players on my team. They never shut their mouths

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Bub - this never would have happened if McDaniels didn't publicly say Jay's my guy only to stab him in his back. 

At the time he said it Jay was his guy. But it would be irresponsible of him not to listen to offers. He never said he wouldn't answer his phone, so your "stab him in the back" comment is pure BS! The Broncos never made any effort on their part to trade the guy until he started crying like he was Tomlinson! You are free to your opinion, but it is quite bias, IMO. Your hatred of Belichick is so deep you seem to want to discredit anyone who worked under him. And when Josh tried to fix the situation (and probably explain he merely listened to an offer, not sought one out), Cutler acted like a sulky five year old and refused to meet with him, reffering him to his agent. At that point the only smart thing to do was dump the guy. Cutler is a grown man making millions of dollars. If he cannot deal with the realities of being in the NFL he should choose another profession. I'm sure with his education he could easily master the phrase "Would you like to supersize that order, sir?"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Bub- we've been through this before.  He did more than listen.  He participated.

I think BB is an excellent coach with a failed set of morals.  He's too paranoid to rely on his own intelligence so he insult and denigrates the league by cheating. 

I don't hate his coaches, they have simply proven that Belichick is a very smart and good coach because on their own they can't seem to do sh*t.

As for Cutler, McDaniels implied he was tradeable.  Cutler simply did what was necessary to make that happen.  Rounds 1-3 to Cutler.  Rounds 4-6 looking Cutlers way now as McDaniels effs up another player relationship and trades for a QB who can't get the job done.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

From what I've read, Brandon Marshall and his girlfriend both take a part in initiating these fights.  Just because Marshall got off the hook on a criminal rap doesn't make him Mr. Clean.  I could see Josh McDaniels wanting to manage this mess in the Belichick mold -- complete silence, and maybe an eventual trade for the right price, or just hang onto the guy for the last year of his contract but don't re-sign him.

Lawyer Milloy complained all up and down that the Patriots let his contract run out without resigning him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Paul - I totally agree that Marshall is not the best example, but if you are right that this GF likes to start the fights too, then why is she calling the cops.  Sometimes I shudder at the female bravado.  Its no different than being a tough guy on an internet message board.  But I digress. 

The point is that, if you are correct, and there was no valid basis for this arrest, then Marshall deserved the support of his teammates when he was acquitted.  For goodness sake, its probably one day of questions from the media who are going to ask regardless of the answer, and in fact, there may have been more questions asked when the media wasn't getting any responses. 

In my opinion, at its base it was just a stupid pr move, and may have been a way to jab back at Marshall.  For what reason, I don't know.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from diva886. Show diva886's posts

I think the Broncos are looking good so far. You need a strong coach that lays down the law so the players listen.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Bub- we've been through this before.  He did more than listen.  He participated.

Sure, we've been through this before. Yet you still cannot tell us how he "participated"! That's like saying if I called you on the phone and asked you to help me rob a bank that you "participated". Even if you told me to f*ck off! There was no deal done, so he merely listened to an offer (which by the way, is his job to do). And my point is that nobody should have to "imply" that any player is tradeable! It's common knowledge. Should I have to "imply" to you that should you step in front of a truck doing 70 down the freeway you may suffer an injury? Cutler's not stupid, he was merely playing this as a way to move on. He had a little hissy-fit since his daddy Shanahan got fired. He didn't want to play for a coach who would expect him to do it his way. So he came up with a lame excuse of "disrespect", and forced the team's hand. It was his decision to make, I have no problem with that. But to try and blame it on Josh when he was simply doing his job is what was immature. He stamped his feet, cried "no fair!", and demanded a trade. With all the tact of a second grader! In any case it should matter little to either of us. I could give two sh*ts about how the Broncos do this season. But my point still stands. You (and anyone else dissatisfied with McD's performance in Denver) should be discussing it on a Broncos message board rather than here!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Bub- we've been through this before.  He did more than listen.  He participated. Sure, we've been through this before. Yet you still cannot tell us how he "participated"! That's like saying if I called you on the phone and asked you to help me rob a bank that you "participated". Even if you told me to f*ck off! There was no deal done, so he merely listened to an offer (which by the way, is his job to do). And my point is that nobody should have to "imply" that any player is tradeable! It's common knowledge. Should I have to "imply" to you that should you step in front of a truck doing 70 down the freeway you may suffer an injury? Cutler's not stupid, he was merely playing this as a way to move on. He had a little hissy-fit since his daddy Shanahan got fired. He didn't want to play for a coach who would expect him to do it his way. So he came up with a lame excuse of "disrespect", and forced the team's hand. It was his decision to make, I have no problem with that. But to try and blame it on Josh when he was simply doing his job is what was immature. He stamped his feet, cried "no fair!", and demanded a trade. With all the tact of a second grader! In any case it should matter little to either of us. I could give two sh*ts about how the Broncos do this season. But my point still stands. You (and anyone else dissatisfied with McD's performance in Denver) should be discussing it on a Broncos message board rather than here!
    Posted by bubthegrub2

I wonder why Jason Campbell isn't crying right now. The way the Skins have treated him this off-season, he should be the most wounded Bambi ever.

Oh, wait, that is right. Campbell seems to understand that there might always be a better option than you and that the NFL is in the business of winning. I don't think Zorn or Snyder called him in April to remind him there was always the potential he could get traded. They just looked at potentially trading for Cutler or trading picks to get Sanchez without so much as a courtesy call. So, instead of crying to his coach and the media when trade rumors come up, he just shows up and keeps playing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

I would love to believe that Belichick is the best coach in the league, but every time I try, I can't get past the commissioners words: "This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid longstanding rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field," Goodell wrote.
    Posted by underdogg

WOW, this guy knows nothing about football, all he has to go on about BB is the Jets commissioner and the sensationalistic NY media(bspn) who was on a witch hunt because he treated them like dirt for years, and of course his blind hatred and jealousy of the best coach in the nfl, Bill Belichick(5 rings).

Goodell should of also wrote that note to the best cheater in the business, Howard Mudd, remember him? NO? Ask Jimmy Johnson about him. LOL

Sections
Shortcuts