McDaniel's Broncos are at it again.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

McDaniel's Broncos are at it again.

Once again the Bronco's under the direction of Josh McDaniels have found a way create public drama where none was necessary. 

Brandon Marshall does not deserve praise for his off field antics, but pro athletes so frequently deal with girlfriends and hangers on who want their own piece of the high life that, regardless of the player, we should all incidents view a skeptics eye until the issue is prove out or settled in a court of law.   

So Marshall defends himself just this kind of situation and is acquitted of any wrongdoing, and what do the Broncos do?  The Broncos instructed players to not express happiness for Marshall to the media.  This is mind-boggling. 

I realize there are many here who are brainwashed by the success and thus Dictatorial ways of Belichick under which McDaniels clearly developed his management style.  So you may not have a problem with this. 

But coaches need success first before they can dictate outrageous and unconventional actions of their minions.  McDaniels has none.  All he's done to date is create a circus atmosphere.  

This administration needs to focus on football and the players that they have first.  At this point, the Hindenburg crashed less spectacularly than the Broncos have.   

What an absolutely silly decision to make.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jviaeDAGwWSopiBed4i8RKzTl6twD9A5MMK81

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwiegmann24. Show cwiegmann24's posts

Re: McDaniel's Broncos are at it again.

Although I agree that a coach needs to have done something before his players will buy into his strange ways, I'm going to hold my judgement on the Broncos for at least a year. Tom Coughlin was in the news a few years ago for riding his players too hard and being too strict on policies, now he has a super bowl ring and a very competitive team (Now if he only had a quarterback...)

Josh McDaniels may very well become a great coach. I just think that right now his players aren't buying what he's selling. That's unfortunate, because Belichick tutored him specifically knowing that someday he would be a head coach. Josh needs some veterans to take hold of the locker room and buy into his system. Maybe it'll take a few unlikely wins this season to do that. Lets just wait and see...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I guess when outsiders cant bash Belichick they look for any reason they can find to bash one of his former coaches. Very transparent of you underdogg.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmartins16. Show bmartins16's posts

"Dictatorial ways of Belichick" - you mean serving as a coach instead of a companion.  This is the reason the Pat's have had the best run organization over the last decade. 

I guess Belichick could go around pimpin' players like Marvin Harrison and Michael Vick, or he could stick to his regiment and get the most from his guys - like Moss and Brady. Underdogg, you need to get with the program my friend. If you want your players to respect you, you be their coach first, their friend second. Not the other way around.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I hope MacD isn't trying to be a BB.  He needs to learn from BB, but be his own man.  I'll sound like a broken record here, but I think MacD is in for a long year.  His personality reminds me too much of Cam Cameron.  I guess we'll see come mid-season and beyond.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

BB gave McDanials his stamp of approval and thats enough for me. People dont give the guy enough credit. I think he has done a good job since he went to Denver. He tried to make a deal, a legit deal to get a QB he wanted and there is nothing wrong with that. Then he told Cutler that he was not untradeable and Cutler cried like a little girl and shot his way out of town. Now Marshal wants to push for a new contract and test his new coach to see if he will break and he wont. He wont trade him and he wont pay him. Marshal will either play or sit its his choice and McDanials will either use him or move on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrizutko. Show jrizutko's posts

Some things you can only learn with your hands on the wheel.  McDaniels seems like the type that learns and improves.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Look at it this way:

Tom Coughlin was well known as a regimented, no-nonsense hardass and players hated him for it, to the extent that he was almost run out of town by his crybaby team before his guidance brought them glory almost despite themselves.

Les Steckel was well known as a regimented, no-nonsense hardass and . . .

who the h*ll is Les Steckel?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

24 - Tom Coughlin had already been successful as a head coach and was brought into NY to bea disciplinarian.  Josh McDaniels has no experience, thus no success, as a head coach and was brought in for his offensive mind.  Interestingly, he has chosen to tear down his relationship with the 2 best offensive players the team had.  Makes no sense to me. 

Tas - I've been on this one since he effed up the cutler situation.  Cutler only cried in order to ensure that McDaniels held to his premise that in fact Cutler was tradeable.  I applaud Cutler for standing up to McDaniels.  If you can't trust your coach (which is clearly evident now) who can you trust?  Marshall will not get traded or a new contract, but he has every right to be pissed about the organization instructing players not to say anything positive about Marshall's acquittal.  Why the org would do this baffles me.  

Martins - The difference between Belichick and Dungy is that one is a current coach and the other is a former coach.  If you can tell me, who did Dungy pimpped when he was coaching then your comments might have relevance.  Otherwise, they are meaningless.  Dungy has no need to concentrate on football.  He is not coaching.  By the way, how was instructing players not to say anything positive about the Marshall verdict at all related to football?  Seems to me (as I said before) the one who needs to focus on football is McDaniels. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Of course a fan of teh puss puss Tony Dungy coaching style would say such things and have Cutlers back. McDanials did nothing wrong and Cutler was a cry baby because he is a cry baby. Standing up to McDanials? give me a break. Not every coach has the goal in life of being a complete p*ssy the way Dungy was.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

In Response to Re: McDaniel's Broncos are at it again.:
    [QUOTE]Of course a fan of teh puss puss Tony Dungy coaching style would say such things and have Cutlers back. McDanials did nothing wrong and Cutler was a cry baby because he is a cry baby. Standing up to McDanials? give me a break. Not every coach has the goal in life of being a complete p*ssy the way Dungy was.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

This is irrefutible logic, right here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

why is dungy's coaching style puss puss?  Is dungy's way the p*ssy way because he didn't cheat?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmartins16. Show bmartins16's posts

[QUOTE]why is dungy's coaching style puss puss?  Is dungy's way the p*ssy way because he didn't cheat?
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

You gotta be kiddin me!

Excessive noise at the RCA dome isn't cheating! Turning the speakers up so the qb can't call the plays isn't cheating! Get a clue man.  People baby Dungy because he is an African American coach who road Manning's coattails to a championship.  It had nothing to do with his style of coaching. BB is the best coach in the league.....if you dispute that, you are a fool.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

No its the p*ssy way cause he wants to be everyone father figure instead of their coach, its the puss puss way because he created a defensive scheme that is about as soft as NFC football. The Tampa Two is a horrible defense IMO and he created it. He was soft and not nearly as good as you people would like us to think. First of all he was a defensive coach brought in to fix the Colts D but year in and year out teh Colts D was the weak link that cost you the game in the playoffs. Except of course for the one season you went all the way. The offense was all set when he got there, Peyton Manning was already primed to become one of teh top two QBs in the game so all Dungy had to do was come in and fix your defense but yet your D s ucked year in and year out so how do you explain that? He drafted his players, guys that fit his scheme but yet his scheme didnt work. He had good players on his teams like sander and Freeny and Mathis and Bracket and all these guys that you would consider good players but yet his teams never had a good D. Even the year you won the championship your D was horrible till the playoffs. The man was soft and he was a p*ssy. I would rather have a hard a ss Bill Belichick type coach who keeps his mouth shut and wins ball games then some p*ssy like Tony Dungy. You dont have to agree with me but those are my reasons and I think I have given you some pretty d amn good reasons for why i dont like him or teh way he coached. Call Belichick a cheater all you want cause thats all you got to say about the man where as i just listed god knows how many reason for why Dungy was a p*ssy and a bad head coach.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmartins16. Show bmartins16's posts

Actually Dungy did not create the Tampa 2. It came from the Steeler's Steel Curtain Era.  Knoll and Bud Carlson created it.  Dungy STOLE it and everyone thinks it is his creative genious.  Look it up if you do not believe me. 

If it weren't for Manning, Dungy would never have even been put on the map. He couldn't make it in MN or TP so he went to Manning to save face. The guy can't manage his own family, let alone a football team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

See, this is why debating underdogg is so much fun.

He freely admits that potentially great Colts teams were too often hamstrung by subpar defenses, and denigrates Tom Brady's accomplishments in light of the "great" Pats defenses in the championship years.

Yet, at the same time, he would have you believe that Tony Dungy is the best thing since even before sliced bread, and Belichick is a charlatan.

Two plus two equals five.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]No its the p*ssy way cause he wants to be everyone father figure instead of their coach, its the puss puss way because he created a defensive scheme that is about as soft as NFC football. The Tampa Two is a horrible defense IMO and he created it. He was soft and not nearly as good as you people would like us to think. First of all he was a defensive coach brought in to fix the Colts D but year in and year out teh Colts D was the weak link that cost you the game in the playoffs. Except of course for the one season you went all the way. The offense was all set when he got there, Peyton Manning was already primed to become one of teh top two QBs in the game so all Dungy had to do was come in and fix your defense but yet your D s ucked year in and year out so how do you explain that? He drafted his players, guys that fit his scheme but yet his scheme didnt work. He had good players on his teams like sander and Freeny and Mathis and Bracket and all these guys that you would consider good players but yet his teams never had a good D. Even the year you won the championship your D was horrible till the playoffs. The man was soft and he was a p*ssy. I would rather have a hard a ss Bill Belichick type coach who keeps his mouth shut and wins ball games then some p*ssy like Tony Dungy. You dont have to agree with me but those are my reasons and I think I have given you some pretty d amn good reasons for why i dont like him or teh way he coached. Call Belichick a cheater all you want cause thats all you got to say about the man where as i just listed god knows how many reason for why Dungy was a p*ssy and a bad head coach.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

MVPKilla that was a hardcore portrayal of Tony Dungys coaching career right there and it is 100% dead on. 
    In reference to the Broncos situation the Broncos have made all the right moves right now by establishing there coaching style of"noBS" and getting an overated interception throwing malcontent off the team. That move reminded me of the bernie kosar situation in Cleveland when BB had to bench him, it was unpopular with the city but it was the right thing to do. Now they need to continue with the rebuilding process and trade Marshall now before he quits on the field and ruins what value he does have. They have already aqquired multiple picks in the draft and need to build more for next year. The worst thing they can do is keep there best wr on the field who doesnt want to be there and openly ?s the coaching staff. I think they are taking a step back from the progress they have already made by allowing Marshall to speak out against the team with no disciplinary action. BB would have traded or released him already. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McDaniel's Broncos are at it again. : You gotta be kiddin me! Excessive noise at the RCA dome isn't cheating! Turning the speakers up so the qb can't call the plays isn't cheating! Get a clue man.  People baby Dungy because he is an African American coach who road Manning's coattails to a championship.  It had nothing to do with his style of coaching. BB is the best coach in the league.....if you dispute that, you are a fool.
    Posted by bmartins16[/QUOTE]

Typical pats fan response.  If you were never in that dome you would never know the ear ringing noise a good fan base like Indy can create in a closed environment.  The RCA dome noise theory has less credibility than Bernard Madoff's investment skill.  

I would love to believe that Belichick is the best coach in the league, but every time I try, I can't get past the commissioners words:

"This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid longstanding rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field," Goodell wrote.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]See, this is why debating underdogg is so much fun. He freely admits that potentially great Colts teams were too often hamstrung by subpar defenses, and denigrates Tom Brady's accomplishments in light of the "great" Pats defenses in the championship years.  Yet, at the same time, he would have you believe that Tony Dungy is the best thing since even before sliced bread, and Belichick is a charlatan. Two plus two equals five.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Now Mike, I never said Dungy was the best thing since even before sliced bread.  I have a lot of problems with Dungy as a coach, and actually Tas has some of it correct.  How could a defensive genius not create a better defense with the colts?  Some of it has to do with polian spending on the offense, but the rest lies at Dungy's feet. 

But what does that have to do with Dungy being a puss or his defense?  I have read that most of Belichick's d is a zone defense that requires discipline in exactly the same way Dungy's does.  Doesn't seem to different to me. 

Belichick is a charlatan. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Actually Dungy did not create the Tampa 2. It came from the Steeler's Steel Curtain Era.  Knoll and Bud Carlson created it.  Dungy STOLE it and everyone thinks it is his creative genious.  Look it up if you do not believe me.  If it weren't for Manning, Dungy would never have even been put on the map. He couldn't make it in MN or TP so he went to Manning to save face. The guy can't manage his own family, let alone a football team.
    Posted by bmartins16[/QUOTE]

This is the case for all coaches.  Coaches do matter, but without the personnel, they are nothing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Now that I think of it . . .

What was the best thing before sliced bread?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmartins16. Show bmartins16's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McDaniel's Broncos are at it again. : This is the case for all coaches.  Coaches do matter, but without the personnel, they are nothing.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Underdogg.....without personnel? So you are saying Bob Sanders is not the right personal? How about Dwight Freeney (who is a beast in my opinion), Marlin Jackson, Bethea, Ratliff.  There is too much talent on the defensive side of the ball. Are you saying they lost last year because of personnel?  I'll take those guys on my team anyday!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Weed....and then sliced bread came along and....well weed is still better lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

That is what I was saying B, Dungy had years to build his defense, years upon years to put his guys in place and build a dominate defense and he never did it. He drafted year after year to fit his scheme and year after year his D was not good enough. That to me says that he is not nearly the coach people have made him out to be. The guy had years to make that Defense into exactly the kind of D he wanted maybe the problem was his scheme was a puss puss scheme to begin with.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I thought we were discussing the Broncos. why do half the threads here wind up discussing Dungy? He was never a coach in NE, and he is not even in the league right now! Back to the real subject of this thread. I'm so tired of hearing how the Broncos ran Cutler out of town. Truth is, he cried his own way out. There is absolutely NO REASON any coach should have to explicitly state that any player could be traded or cut. That is like having to post signs at the beach: CAUTION: WATER IS WET"!!! If Cutler needs to be told that he or any other player could be traded or let go at any time he needs to give back his diploma from Vandy! Evidently he paid cold hard cash for it, or was deep throating the Dean every night!!! On the subject of Marshall. Did anyone actually SEE this supposed memo? I'd be willing to bet it actually said the players should not comment on the court case, and that would include (but not be limited to) saying they were glad he was aquitted. Most likely it was to deter the morons in the media from making a big deal of it, and trying to force them to stick to football related matters. Which is the right thing to do! The guy probably had his homeys threaten the poor girl to make it go away! But here we go again (and with a Colts fan, of all people) with someone trying to audition for ESPN by making a big deal out of something stupid. And something that has absolutely ZERO to do with the Patriots (you remember them, the team we are here to discuss?) or the team of the guy slinging the BS! Underdogg, you need to get a life! I can understand you hating Belichick, most of us here hate Dungy because he was the coach of our biggest rival. But now you are nit-picking, and that just makes you sound immature and trollish. All 2000 or so players should be concentrating on only ONE thing right now...making the 53 man roster! I understand what McDaniels is trying to do. A team with as many holes as Denver needs to focus 100% on the game, and not get into grandstanding to the media. We all know how those idiots will take anything you say and edit it to make it sound like they want it to. It's always best to do the same thing you'd do when questioned by the police. Take advantage of your right to REMAIN SILENT! Underdogg is probably only p i s s e d off because he wants the Broncos to beat the Chargers for the division...because his Colts surely cannot beat SD in January!!! This McDaniels bashing is ridiculous. If you are so bothered by Josh's coaching style you should express it on a Broncos message board...where people may give a rat's a s s about it!!!

Sections
Shortcuts