McDaniels' future?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

McDaniels' future?

Someone had to start this thread, sorry fellas.  It's late and I'm too jacked after wathcing that game.  Josh was fired tonight.  Not sure he's needed here, but could be a possibility? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitetrashgang. Show whitetrashgang's posts

Re: McDaniels' future?

Obrien now gets it, the game has slowed down so no.McDaniels is like moss sorry to say,time to apply at truck driving school.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

He will be an assistant somewhere.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him back with the Pats in the future.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i'd bring him in as our QB coach.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LatenightOwl. Show LatenightOwl's posts

McDaniels is that guy who has the dog poooo on his shoe and everyone knows it but him.

He can't come back here, it would be a publicity nightmare from a national point of view.

Josh will endure and find a home again soon.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mkulacz. Show mkulacz's posts

McDaniels - smart guy. Really, really bad career decision to leave BB so early and actually think he had the experience to be a head coach.

Whats done is done. McDaniels will need to beg a little to get an assistant job somewhere, and work his way back up. Too much stink on his shoe. 10 years at least before he gets another shot to be a head coach. The path there was almost too easy, thanks to his association with BB. What we learn now is just how badly McDaniels wants it and will fight for it.

Throwing the Pats organization under the bus, he will not be back in New England. Ever.

His best bet is to leave the NFL and make a career in college football. His relative youth would be a benefit there. He has already shown a propensity to select the easy path to success.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In Response to Re: McDaniels' future?:
    McDaniels - smart guy. Really, really bad career decision to leave BB so early and actually think he had the experience to be a head coach. Whats done is done. McDaniels will need to beg a little to get an assistant job somewhere, and work his way back up. Too much stink on his shoe. 10 years at least before he gets another shot to be a head coach. The path there was almost too easy, thanks to his association with BB. What we learn now is just how badly McDaniels wants it and will fight for it. Throwing the Pats organization under the bus, he will not be back in New England. Ever. His best bet is to leave the NFL and make a career in college football. His relative youth would be a benefit there. He has already shown a propensity to select the easy path to success.
    Posted by mkulacz

Throw them under the bus?  How so?  He may not have been ready to be a HC but when that opportunity knocks can you really blame him?  I agree that college may be a good landing spot, but I'm not so sure he won't latch on somewhere in the pros, even if not in NE. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

He will probably take a college head coaching job before returning to the pros.  If anyone thinks he's damaged goods, take a look at the path Pete Carroll took.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

He will probably take a college head coaching job before returning to the pros.  If anyone thinks he's damaged goods, take a look at the path Pete Carroll took.
    Posted by nyjoseph

Good point and your probably correct about this.  He seems to be a smart guy and learned from the best.  Wasn't ready to be a head coach in the pro's yet but dang, that would be hard to turn down if offered.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

The guy can run an offense and coach qbs period

Proof
    turned Kyle Orton to one of the top 5 qbs in the league. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Jets fans on Jets board are saying bring him to the jets, LOL!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

Jets fans on Jets board are saying bring him to the jets, LOL!

Posted by BradyMossFan

dude I said this 1 months ago if the jets get kyle orton. They become legit but first they have to loose that dumb a@@ coach, there is a reason some people shouldn't be head coach of any team, Rex Ryan is one of those reasons.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

McDaniels was doomed to fail from the start.  To begin with he was way to young to be a head coach and make personel decisions.  With the whole Cutler and Marshall incidents.  He didn't have a strong GM to tell him the trades he was making were insane.  He has a decent QB in Orton then trades for an incompentant Brady Quinn then drafts Tebow?  There was no plan there.  That's where he needed a good GM to make those decisions for him.  That was Bolen's fault.  Then comes the whole video taping disaster.  Overall his time with the Broncos was a joke. 

If he is going to be a head coach again it will be in college.  I can see him being a pretty good college coach.  He's a young animated guy who does have a resume working with Brady/Belichick.  If he wants to stay in the NFL it will only be as an assistant.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from calchu7. Show calchu7's posts

I don't McDaniels back after the Bronco's taping incident.

You'd figure he'd learn from past mistakes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrick69. Show patrick69's posts

In Response to McDaniels' future?:
    Someone had to start this thread, sorry fellas.  It's late and I'm too jacked after wathcing that game.  Josh was fired tonight.  Not sure he's needed here, but could be a possibility? 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn

Remeber the fist pump game????  FU** HIM!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

The guy can run an offense and coach qbs period Proof turned Kyle Orton to one of the top 5 qbs in the league. 
    Posted by akius

actually orton was always really under-rated. Back when the bears made the superbowl, if you remember correctly Rex grossman was injured for a long stretch of games, games that kyle orton was winning. Id go so far to say that if the bears started orton over grossman in the SB the bears would have one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjmj430. Show pjmj430's posts

i would like to see him come back in some capacity... if he ever went to the jests and i dont see it but that would be going over to the enemy and just dont see it...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Josh is a talented offensive guy, obviously not HC material at this point, and he left on good terms with BB by all accounts.  But I do remember the fist pump, and I wasn't aware he used the Pats' video taping as a "how not to do" example.  Not sure if those are unforgivable offenses.  I think the bigger question is if there is room for him at this point considering the success of the offense as of late.  Mike Reiss seemd to think that a reunion was a possibility, and I think he or someone else went as far as to say he could be groomed as Bill's successor.  Don't see it, but who knows?  

Sections
Shortcuts