McDaniels has to go!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

McDaniels has to go!

I am SO sick of this pass first mentality! Sorry but 1st and goal from the 2, and he doesnt even run once? Should have run on first down at least, never mind all 3 downs!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Re: McDaniels has to go!

Yeah I am so sick of winning games and leading the NFL in all measures of offensive performance.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah I am so sick of winning games and leading the NFL in all measures of offensive performance.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. Lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am SO sick of this pass first mentality! Sorry but 1st and goal from the 2, and he doesnt even run once? Should have run on first down at least, never mind all 3 downs!

[/QUOTE]

I agree, but only with the goal line calls.  I would have ran it 3 times in a row, Pats hardly ever do that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL!  So true.  Anyone who whines about our offense loses any sort of credibility.  Watch a Jets game and you'll be begging NE to sign McD to a long and lucrative extension.  I can't believe how spoiled most Pats fans have become.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

josh is handicapped as an oc. the only problem if we drop him, bill will hire someone worse probably.

with josh, we likely will lose against a good defense. he is the only limiting factor on this team. the de is enough there, with teh off weapons we have. josh just isnt the best mn to drive. been saying it since watchnig his games all year. he's not terrible, but not top tier. his timing, scheme, and pass happy addiction will be the death of this playoff run inless we are lucky, or he changes (liek he did after/during game 3 or so, when bb told him to work the run in more. he is fatally flawed. and yes we score a lot of points, do you think we would not with brady and teh best weapons in the league. the point is the top limit of this offense is limited by josh and good defenses should be able to stop it (with him under the controls).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

While you have a point about the play calling on that particular series you can't complain anymore about his overall play calling.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

I'm sure all McDaniels's critics can name at least five better offensive coordinators.  Let's hear their names and proof of their superiority. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

One of those plays was a dropped TD pass by Welker, I'm not sure how that's McDaniels fault. I have been critical of McDaniels in the past but I thought they did enough to win and that's all that mattered. The offensive line struggled for most of the game and the Dolphin's defense played hard all game long but the Pats still won. McDaniels had to make do with a rather small recieving corps after Edleman got hurt also.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

Last yr people whined about obrien and now mcdaniels sigh..Im not saying everthing was perfect but my god...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Nothing special about McD or any of the other nobodys BB has promoted to coordinator positions for too many years now. Unless BB is willing to hire a real NFL coordinator, a change would be futile.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I think he's done a good job, would rather run the ball in from the 2 yard line though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I like him.  Less stale playcalling, but I get the idea he's not calling the plays 100% freely, I think BB is saying stuff like "I want to run it here" and Josh chooses a run play he likes.  The fundamentals seem the same.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

My problem is 3rd and 1 for this Pats team is a passing down. In todays game Pats had 3rd and 1 on the Miami 32. A run there even stuffed is a field goal try on 4th down, but with the pass that was called, Brady gets sacked on the 40 out of FG range. In a tight game take the sure points!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

For the most part I think McDaniels has done a good job. He's committed to the run, more so then O'B, and has kept things balanced on play calling. However, there are times as you pointed out, which McDaniels has gone brain dead. 3rd and 1 on the edge of FG range isn't a time to pass nor is it a time to pass 3 straight times when you start a set of downs 1st and 2 to go. But, on a positive note twice yesterday they were backed up to the goal line and twice they used the run to get out of it instead of dropping back and risking an intentional grounding or safety of a penality like in previous weeks. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

josh is handicapped as an oc. the only problem if we drop him, bill will hire someone worse probably.

with josh, we likely will lose against a good defense. he is the only limiting factor on this team. the de is enough there, with teh off weapons we have. josh just isnt the best mn to drive. been saying it since watchnig his games all year. he's not terrible, but not top tier. his timing, scheme, and pass happy addiction will be the death of this playoff run inless we are lucky, or he changes (liek he did after/during game 3 or so, when bb told him to work the run in more. he is fatally flawed. and yes we score a lot of points, do you think we would not with brady and teh best weapons in the league. the point is the top limit of this offense is limited by josh and good defenses should be able to stop it (with him under the controls).

[/QUOTE]

BB will hire someone worse probably? The only limiting factor? Yes we score a lot of points, do you think we would not with Brady and the best weapons in the league? 

What?  We won 9 games. Our kicker lost one, if the NE coaching and drafting staff is as bad as you say how is so many wins possible?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to Davedsone's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like him.  Less stale playcalling, but I get the idea he's not calling the plays 100% freely, I think BB is saying stuff like "I want to run it here" and Josh chooses a run play he likes.  The fundamentals seem the same.

[/QUOTE]

Call me crazy but I think the idea is that they call the play they think is best given the down and distance. Taking into consideration the personell on the field, on both sides of the ball.  The score of the game, time left on the clock and field position are factors as well...That said, once the play is called. Brady has the option check to another play based on what he sees at the line. Playing calling is a shared duty and not all on McDaniels. Who devises the game plan with Brady, which is approved by Belicheck.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The Pats trend is to run on the goal line this season .... they would do well to pass sometimes, especially PA.

Although, I think they need to alter a few things. Fells cannot run Gronk's routes, and the goal line pass attack is not the same without him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

ATt first and goal, I definitely agree. Sometimes I think that Mac is trying to pad TB's stats to win an MVP. As far as the rest of the game, excluding the last drive, the Phins are run stoppers allowing 10 total yards the first half. There is only other option. Pass the freaking ball of the short route variety which they are too well known for. Dink and dunk away.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

remember that tb still needs to make his reads and audiblilize pending on what the D offers him. it's not all on Mc.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

This thread is a joke, all McDaniel's has done as our offensive coordinator has been 2007 (no explanation necessary), 2008 (go 11-5 with a guy who didn't start a single game in college and subsequently got him paid)

#1 offense in the NFL in yards, points, first downs, 3rd down %, rushing TD's, rushing 1st downs, fewest INT's and fewest total turnovers.

He's brought balance back to this offense, yesterday for the first time this year when we HAD to run against the 7th best rushing defense in the NFL we did, that doesn't bode well for the other playoff teams and what many of us who were waiting for a return to the "ground and pound" were waiting for.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Belichick actually said that the game plan was to pass early and tire out that good Dolphins run D and then run late.  Seems to have worked as the last drive was pretty well executed.  Balance is as much about if you can run when you have to than having pretty stats.  This offense can run the ball and has proven it consistently.  

If Welker makes that catch yesterday this thread is probably moot.  I actually think the O does a pretty good job of being unpredictable at the goal line.  Ridely and Vereen both get carries there and when Gronk is healthy he's a pretty big target for Brady.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Newsflash: the Dolphin's defensive front is one of the best in the NFL.

It's not easy to beat anybody in the NFL, but especially the bigger, better defenses.

Patriot's fans are spoiled, entitled whiners.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts