McDaniels has to go!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: McDaniels has to go!

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pats have been running the same offensive system since Brady started.  have had one of the top performing offenses over the past 5 years, but no one ever likes the OC.  Very entertaining. 

[/QUOTE

I like mcd...  Hated him in 05-06...  But he's now more experienced and he's 100 times better than O'Brien...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

Pats have been running the same offensive system since Brady started.  have had one of the top performing offenses over the past 5 years, but no one ever likes the OC.  Very entertaining. 

[/QUOTE

I like mcd...  Hated him in 05-06...  But he's now more experienced and he's 100 times better than O'Brien...

If the Pats don't get to the SB will you say the same thing? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[/QUOTE

he is better than obrian. im happy for that. his poor timing at times and his going to the run only when he is forced to. as opposed to using it at least as a threat on every play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:

I am SO sick of this pass first mentality! Sorry but 1st and goal from the 2, and he doesnt even run once? Should have run on first down at least, never mind all 3 downs!

could have scored with a couple QB sneaks...  That said...  It was a flawed game plan overall except they won.

Personally I'd rather see a 2 yard run than an incompletion on 1st down.  That spread formation with no back makes no sense .  They run that way too much.

Hopefully they learned from these mistakes.  mcd redeemed himself on the last drive , right?  Unlike the pighead O'Brien, he made in-game adjustments and won in the 4th qtr.

"That spread formation with no back makes no sense .  They run that way too much."

agreed. thats josh's leaning. hes addicted.

"Hopefully they learned from these mistakes.  mcd redeemed himself on the last drive , right?  Unlike the pighead O'Brien, he made in-game adjustments and won in the 4th qtr."

yes, but i dont know that bb doesnt make the order (to josh)  after josh not getting not done

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

therres a difference between personnel and coahing. think chess peices and a chess player. we never get the top tier chess player.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

Yesterdays game stats Pats 32 rushes total - with 14 of the 16 plays being runs in the 4th quarter game sealing drive, that means Pats only ran the ball 18 times in the first 52 minutes of the game. My point is look how well the Pats ran the ball WHEN THEY ATTEMPTED IT!

Greg Bedard's article was pretty insightful:

So, McDaniels developed a smart game plan: throw early, use the width of the field, get the Dolphins a little tired, and then come back to the run late.

"€œYeah, they’re a good run defense, they all are physical players up front,"€ Belichick said. "We thought we would be able to attack them, attack the width of the field a little bit at times. Ultimately, you have to balance things out, which we tried to do."€

Maybe that's why the run worked in the 2nd half a bit more.  I am a "run the ball" advocate for sure, but I can understand that the gameplan was to not play to the Dolphins' strength - their run D --  at least not initially. 

I agree with those who have said that in the prior few years they would have abandoned the run and not gone back to it.  The fact that they didn't is great.   Bodes wll for this team.  

that they planned it that way all along is a bit generous

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Last year(s) they would have abandoned the run if they used it at all, yesterday they used it to pound a stake in the opponent's heart.  

This offense is still improving, as is this defense, our best football is ahead of us.

By the way our 3rd down conversion rate is 53%, the next closest team (ATL) is 46%... pretty impressive stuff.

thakns for the data. good stuff

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

I just hope no one offers him a head coaching job and he bolts again--bolts??? hmmm maybe I'm on to something here.  I loved the play call at the goalline--Brady short pass to Welker TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!

that was a nice play

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

and imo Belichick likes and respects Mc Daniels. His confidence in him allows  Belichick to concentrate more on defense, and again imo Mc Daniels is the one coach that can challenge Belichick and get away with it. I hope he doesn't leave anytime soon.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

After the game Wes Welker even said that we have to stop being one dimensional, with Open Backfield. Suprised nobody heard this on Postgame show.

That Open Backfield Scares me. You tell the other team what your doing immediately.

+1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

In response to bredbru's comment:

I am SO sick of this pass first mentality! Sorry but 1st and goal from the 2, and he doesnt even run once? Should have run on first down at least, never mind all 3 downs!

josh is handicapped as an oc. the only problem if we drop him, bill will hire someone worse probably.

with josh, we likely will lose against a good defense. he is the only limiting factor on this team. the de is enough there, with teh off weapons we have. josh just isnt the best mn to drive. been saying it since watchnig his games all year. he's not terrible, but not top tier. his timing, scheme, and pass happy addiction will be the death of this playoff run inless we are lucky, or he changes (liek he did after/during game 3 or so, when bb told him to work the run in more. he is fatally flawed. and yes we score a lot of points, do you think we would not with brady and teh best weapons in the league. the point is the top limit of this offense is limited by josh and good defenses should be able to stop it (with him under the controls).

BB will hire someone worse probably? The only limiting factor? Yes we score a lot of points, do you think we would not with Brady and the best weapons in the league? 

What?  We won 9 games. Our kicker lost one, if the NE coaching and drafting staff is as bad as you say how is so many wins possible?

drafting is good despite the weakness.

coahing is good or oc is good or jsut below.

talent on offfense is best in league.

were tallking about geting good enough to have "and EVEN BETTER chnace to wiin all postseason throught he super bowl". or woudl you rather have the same feeling year after year that you had on 07 and 11

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

could have scored with a couple QB sneaks...  That said...  It was a flawed game plan overall except they won.

Personally I'd rather see a 2 yard run than an incompletion on 1st down.  That spread formation with no back makes no sense .  They run that way too much.

Hopefully they learned from these mistakes.  mcd redeemed himself on the last drive , right?  Unlike the pighead O'Brien, he made in-game adjustments and won in the 4th qtr.

"That spread formation with no back makes no sense .  They run that way too much."

agreed. thats josh's leaning. hes addicted.

"Hopefully they learned from these mistakes.  mcd redeemed himself on the last drive , right?  Unlike the pighead O'Brien, he made in-game adjustments and won in the 4th qtr."

yes, but i dont know that bb doesnt make the order (to josh)  after josh not getting not done

The spread formation seems to take a great threat like vereen and waste it.  He can run patterns from the backfield, draws ,  USE the guy.

Also irritating is targeting Welker 20 times v. 2 Edelman ( great catch) , 1 lloyd( great catch), Hernandez  ( not enough).  It's  like they don't even don't have plays designed for these other guys . No reverses this week either.

Overall mediocre effort this week on offensive game plan.  Good news is we didn't show much , so we can break it out next week...  C'mon josh...!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I liked O'Brien a lot. Best offense in the NFL in 2010 and they scored about the same # of points in 2011 (while being ranked 3rd). They even went to the super bowl and nearly won it and he did a heck of a job at Penn St this year (quite frankly he should leave there while the getting is still good).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

I liked O'Brien a lot. Best offense in the NFL in 2010 and they scored about the same # of points in 2011 (while being ranked 3rd). They even went to the super bowl and nearly won it and he did a heck of a job at Penn St this year (quite frankly he should leave there while the getting is still good).

obrian clearly mismanged teh super bowl game loss in my eyes. not even close

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Yeah...  Lame duck dork obrien .  I wished they just canned him after they brought in mcd.  Not realistic at the time but looking back maybe that would have been the spark needed. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think they gave too much respect to the dolphins run defense and didn't give their own run offense much credit.  The Dolphins have a great run defense coming in and obviously the plan was to throw.  But when they did start running the ball it worked.  Sometimes you just have to try something and they probably waited too long to try the run. 

There's nothing inherently wrong with the spread, there's been games where it's been the only thing that worked, this just wasn't one of them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

What a stooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooopid thread! Yeah we're only averaging 35.8 ppg!!! Fire McDaniels immediately!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

obrian clearly mismanged teh super bowl game loss in my eyes. not even close

When the Patriots scored more than 500 points two years in a row (only done once before, I believe) and then in the Super Bowl went on that great drive to end the first half that put them ahead and followed it up with that great drive to start the second half, I began to think O'Brien might be alright.  But when Brady and Welker failed to connect on that pass that would have kept the fourth quarter drive going and the defense folded in the last quarter, I realized that O'Brien was the worst OC in the history of the NFL and must bear the entire blame for the Patriots' failure to win a Super Bowl in 2010 and 2011. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[/QUOTE

Dog,

First of all I don't see a problem with them getting to the superbowl again. This Monday will prove that. Second, Josh has them at the front of most offensive catagories and the team hasn't really played their best yet. Even you have to admit he's done a great job.

While I have you......If Denver and Indy hook up in the playoffs who are you pulling for?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

My problem is 3rd and 1 for this Pats team is a passing down. In todays game Pats had 3rd and 1 on the Miami 32. A run there even stuffed is a field goal try on 4th down, but with the pass that was called, Brady gets sacked on the 40 out of FG range. In a tight game take the sure points!

"Sure points"! If the run is stopped at the 32 we're looking at a 49 yard field goal. Have you watched "the Ghost" kick recently? How can that be considered "sure points"?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMightyTool. Show TheMightyTool's posts

McDaniels has come a long way. He's learning from the best coach ever. I know, because I'm the best fan, ever.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Part of the reason there were only 11 yards rushing in the 1st half was that 2 of our drives did start with rushes that produced holding penalties. Having to go 1st and 20 isn't a way to enhance your running prospects.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

you guys gotta see outside the box

i agree with the poster

this crap wont work against good teams.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

I think they gave too much respect to the dolphins run defense and didn't give their own run offense much credit.  The Dolphins have a great run defense coming in and obviously the plan was to throw.  But when they did start running the ball it worked.  Sometimes you just have to try something and they probably waited too long to try the run. 

There's nothing inherently wrong with the spread, there's been games where it's been the only thing that worked, this just wasn't one of them.

"I think they gave too much respect to the dolphins run defense and didn't give their own run offense much credit. "

"they" meaning josh,. that writes well. and if it were someone else i could agree. but josh has this addiction/fascination with the 5 wide and everything pass (to the exclusion of the run.

having wepaons, demonstarted to work well, on the field who can run and pass with makes the offense more indestructable. elite des can stop the best pass unit. (though having rg3 added to the mix would make it near impossible).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Sam-Adams' comment:

[/QUOTE

Dog,

First of all I don't see a problem with them getting to the superbowl again. This Monday will prove that. Second, Josh has them at the front of most offensive catagories and the team hasn't really played their best yet. Even you have to admit he's done a great job.

While I have you......If Denver and Indy hook up in the playoffs who are you pulling for?

hes decent. but the weapons are better than his utilization. he is the limiting factor (and why we lost those 3 games this year... and could cost us a super bowl

Sections
Shortcuts