McDaniels- next HC?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

McDaniels- next HC?

Looks like hes the man when Belichick leaves - so who ever the Pats QB is at the time will be stuck with this terrible play calling.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: McDaniels- next HC?

In response to ccsjl's comment:

Looks like hes the man when Belichick leaves - so who ever the Pats QB is at the time will be stuck with this terrible play calling.....

This should be the true fear of all Patriot fans that BB's pet becomes the next HC. Denver was fooled by him but quickly saw their error and got rid of him. This is the same guy who used a 1st RD pk on Tebow. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Worst case scenario = McDaniels @HC + BB @GM.

If that ever happens, get set for a long miserable period.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

My alternative to McD for the next Pat HC is former Pat QB: Kliff Kingsbury.

Kingsbury, drafted by BB in the 6th round in 2003 out of Texas Tech, spent only 1 year with the Pats and then drifted around the NFL, NFL Europe and CFL finally retiring in 2007. He started coaching in 2008 at U of Houston and has excelled in the NCAA since. Last year he was Offensive Coordinator and QB coach to Johnny Manziel at Texas A&M. He is very smart (former academic all-American), great energy and motivator, great game planner and has quickly risen to head coach. His current team, Texas Tech is an undefeated 7-0. He is the youngest head coach to start a Division 1 season undefeated for 7 weeks.

Does KK want to go to the NFL? That I can't say. But, this guy will get offers if his team continues to do well this year and next.

Kliff Kingsbury

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Looks like McDaniels being groomed for the job SAD TO SAY

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:

Hopefully some other team snaps him up. Although with the atrocious play calling on offense so far this year it looks unlikely

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

God help us

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Not interested. I'll pass on that one. Lol 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Belichick isn't stepping aside anytime soon. I give him 6 more years.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

No. No. No. Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Give the Krafts some credit. Bill Parcells, Pete Carroll, Bill Belichick.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

Give the Krafts some credit. Bill Parcells, Pete Carroll, Bill Belichick.

Funny, when I was saying Carrol was a good coach a few years back when he was a college coach, people laughed at me. Who is laughing now?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

His job to lose.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

He better NOT  be!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Kraft is a smart man.  His son is a smart guy too.  They will not hire McDaniels as HC.  I don't see this happening.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Seems like the board is in full blown "blame the offensive coordinator" mode again.  Reminds me of the Bill O'Brien days . . . except when O'Brien was getting the criticism the offense was scoring 30 points a game.  McDaniels was widely touted as the guy who'd save us from the awful Bill O'Brien.  Now McDaniels can't call a play if his life depended on it.  Everyone wants Charlie Weis back.  Meanwhile, Weis's career has been one failure after the next ever since he left New England.

Maybe play calling (and game planning) really is the isssue for the Pats offense this year.  Maybe they really should pass less and run more, especially given their current group of inexperienced and injured receivers and a QB who may be starting to show his age.  Maybe when they throw, Brady should be targeting the backs on screens more or using play action, rather than hurling it down field, where the odds of completion are lower. 

Really, though, I suspect the main problem is what it always is: gaps in talent and poor execution.   I'm hoping to watch the film when I get back from my current work road trip to see what was really up with last week's debacle in the Meadowlands.  I may end up complaining about the play calling too, but I suspect the main problem lies elsewhere.  And I suspect it's simply the players either not being good enough or not executing well enough. That's usually the problem.  Play calling seems to be the fans' favourite excuse for bad results.  But really, on team's as well-coached as the Pats' are, the true problems are usually things like missed blocks, bad reads, inaccurate throws, and poor coverage.  I saw some of all of that on Sunday.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Pro, when you watch the game again pay attention to the O-line. Especially from mid second qtr to mid 3rd qtr.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Seems like the board is in full blown "blame the offensive coordinator" mode again.  Reminds me of the Bill O'Brien days . . . except when O'Brien was getting the criticism the offense was scoring 30 points a game.  McDaniels was widely touted as the guy who'd save us from the awful Bill O'Brien.  Now McDaniels can't call a play if his life depended on it.  Everyone wants Charlie Weis back.  Meanwhile, Weis's career has been one failure after the next ever since he left New England.

Maybe play calling (and game planning) really is the isssue for the Pats offense this year.  Maybe they really should pass less and run more, especially given their current group of inexperienced and injured receivers and a QB who may be starting to show his age.  Maybe when they throw, Brady should be targeting the backs on screens more or using play action, rather than hurling it down field, where the odds of completion are lower. 

Really, though, I suspect the main problem is what it always is: gaps in talent and poor execution.   I'm hoping to watch the film when I get back from my current work road trip to see what was really up with last week's debacle in the Meadowlands.  I may end up complaining about the play calling too, but I suspect the main problem lies elsewhere.  And I suspect it's simply the players either not being good enough or not executing well enough. That's usually the problem.  Play calling seems to be the fans' favourite excuse for bad results.  But really, on team's as well-coached as the Pats' are, the true problems are usually things like missed blocks, bad reads, inaccurate throws, and poor coverage.  I saw some of all of that on Sunday.

What Weis did post NE has no bearing or relevance to what he did here....

When you get back please do watch the 3 offensive play calls run by the Pats in overtime and try to convince me those 3 calls weren't drawn up with a stick in the sand.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Weis, despite (or perhaps because of) his own over-confidence, is simply not a great head coach. He has not lived up to his bluster and promises to his players. Most recently he promised former Rivals #1 QB prospect Jake Heaps "to make him right" at Kansas and that has been a failure to this point. 

Perhaps, the Heaps reclamation project is more complicated than what I stated but the fact is the Kansas Jayhawks are downright miserable under Weis's leadership. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I wasn't a big fan of Bill O'Brien but now that we have watched Josh, is there any chance we can BOB back?  I think I misjudged him.  And he would be a much better HC then Josh would ever be (again)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I wasn't a big fan of Bill O'Brien but now that we have watched Josh, is there any chance we can BOB back?  I think I misjudged him.  And he would be a much better HC then Josh would ever be (again)

Robert Kraft is a good judge of management talent. I think he already has evaluated what BOB and McD can contribute and I am sure he has his eyes out for BB's successor.

Does Kliff Kingsbury, HC of Texas Tech and former Pat QB, deserve to be on Kraft's list?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NYC's comment:

Does Kliff Kingsbury, HC of Texas Tech and former Pat QB, deserve to be on Kraft's list?

That is certainly intriguing.  Would really like to see him with the Patriots and BB at some point but it won't be iun the near future.  Why didn't they bring him in to work with the organization before he was scooped up for the TT job?  It will certainly be interesting to keep an eye on him, I assume with his success he will be a tough one to get if they decide to ever go after him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

What Weis did post NE has no bearing or relevance to what he did here....

When you get back please do watch the 3 offensive play calls run by the Pats in overtime and try to convince me those 3 calls weren't drawn up with a stick in the sand.....

Weis was a great OC, but has been a terrible HC. Romeo was a great DC, but has been a terrible HC. If either could swallow their ego, I'd love either or both back in an instant over the crap we have now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to NYC's comment:

That is certainly intriguing.  Would really like to see him with the Patriots and BB at some point but it won't be iun the near future.  Why didn't they bring him in to work with the organization before he was scooped up for the TT job?  It will certainly be interesting to keep an eye on him, I assume with his success he will be a tough one to get if they decide to ever go after him.

TB12

Kingsbury is one of the most fascinating prospects on the college coaching landscape. He reminds me of Pete Carroll with his energy, persona and leadership potential. The only issue is that he does not have a large body of work and it is difficult to assess how he handles down periods that happen to every program.

He got hired at Tex A&M as OC because he followed a mentor there and was literally scooped up by Tex Tech only 1 year later. KK previously had a sterling history at Tex Tech as he set a lot of QB records there and was academic all American. He has far exceeded expectations at TT with a 7-0 start. Honestly, it is too early to assess his NFL potential but this is definitely someone to keep an eye on!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Kingsbury is interesting. I think far too many are writing McDaniels off too early. The guy drafted Thomas, Decker, and a handful of other players currently contributing to the Broncos.

Another guy I really like is Brady Hoke, current coach of the University of Michigan. 

Sections
Shortcuts