McDaniel's Spread is Back!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Re: McDaniel's Spread is Back!

Jests fans..........

Pats 5 - 3 First Place in AFC East

Jests 3 - 5 Last Place in AFC East

Do you have any other stupid remarks to make?

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The mix between pro sets (I sets) and spread formations yesterday was the best we've seen this season, McDaniel's is an offensive guru.  Now he just has to have them as efficient in low scoring, grind it out type games which by season's end I believe he will.  With Ridley, Vereen and Bolden behind Brady and a healthy defense we could be a force.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Seeing Woodhead come in on the goal line is upsetting to say the least, in the game yesterday it was the ultimate example of the Patriots overthinking...well i assume. My idea is that they probably seen the Rams stack against the run so they bring in Woodhead giving the D the idea that they are going to pass ultimately they changing their look most likely dropping a man out of the box. Little did the Rams know that we were actually setting up for the draw all along giving the Patriots the best chance to score you'd assume but NOOOOO!! Woodhead isn't that kind of player...the goal line back, Ridley is in fact Ridley's da mn good at it and he's a da mn good player the fact they take him out for anything other than a rest surprises me! Things like this make me wonder why every offensive position is interchangeable except QB I mean you never take out a guy like Brady unless you're up like the team was yesterday so why take Ridley out when he's performed exceptionally on a drive....he's a good enough player to be afforded respect he likely would have scored if we kept him in, if they stack the box use the toss !

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did you just say "Lloyd was awful"?  I had no idea one drop by any NFL WR means the WR is "awful", especially considering the QB throwing the balls around wasn't so good himself.

And no, I never claimed Ocho was "the best WR" on the team last year. I said he was Brady's 4th or 5th read on the team, hence why no one should expect 60 passes per game to get every target of his eyepopping production.

Only you would try to lie about something like that. Well, you and Hurlie. There's no difference between the two of you.

[/QUOTE]

So refresh our memory a bit then on Ocho, because I recall you saying that he still had the speed and talent to get behind defenses and the reason he wasn't succesfull was because of Brady. When it was argued that he was diminishing in skills and was stupid, you just kept on blaming Brady.

This league is full of thugs. Full of them. If Ocho had skills, he'd be playing right now...no doubt about that. He doesn't, like we all told YOU.

It's funny how a guy (Lloyd) who has probably less skill is going to catch 80 balls in this offense, compared to your pet project uh oh Ocho.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did you just say "Lloyd was awful"?  I had no idea one drop by any NFL WR means the WR is "awful", especially considering the QB throwing the balls around wasn't so good himself.

And no, I never claimed Ocho was "the best WR" on the team last year. I said he was Brady's 4th or 5th read on the team, hence why no one should expect 60 passes per game to get every target of his eyepopping production.

Only you would try to lie about something like that. Well, you and Hurlie. There's no difference between the two of you.

[/QUOTE]

So refresh our memory a bit then on Ocho, because I recall you saying that he still had the speed and talent to get behind defenses and the reason he wasn't succesfull was because of Brady. When it was argued that he was diminishing in skills and was stupid, you just kept on blaming Brady.

This league is full of thugs. Full of them. If Ocho had skills, he'd be playing right now...no doubt about that. He doesn't, like we all told YOU.

It's funny how a guy (Lloyd) who has probably less skill is going to catch 80 balls in this offense, compared to your pet project uh oh Ocho.

[/QUOTE]

Lloyd has been better than Ocho over the past few years and has a better skill set. I don't know where you're getting this from.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seeing Woodhead come in on the goal line is upsetting to say the least, in the game yesterday it was the ultimate example of the Patriots overthinking...well i assume. My idea is that they probably seen the Rams stack against the run so they bring in Woodhead giving the D the idea that they are going to pass ultimately they changing their look most likely dropping a man out of the box. Little did the Rams know that we were actually setting up for the draw all along giving the Patriots the best chance to score you'd assume but NOOOOO!! Woodhead isn't that kind of player...the goal line back, Ridley is in fact Ridley's da mn good at it and he's a da mn good player the fact they take him out for anything other than a rest surprises me! Things like this make me wonder why every offensive position is interchangeable except QB I mean you never take out a guy like Brady unless you're up like the team was yesterday so why take Ridley out when he's performed exceptionally on a drive....he's a good enough player to be afforded respect he likely would have scored if we kept him in, if they stack the box use the toss !

[/QUOTE]

"the fact they take him out for anything other than a rest surprises me!"

i agree with our analysis totally.

answer becasue hes josh genius mcdaniels. hes 'too' smart.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

the fact they take him out for anything other than a rest surprises me!"

i agree with our analysis totally.

answer becasue hes josh genius mcdaniels. hes 'too' smart.

Well I guessing that his 7 figure a year salary says that he knows a lot more then you do. your a hater you should root for the last place Jests.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The spread continues to be a major part of the offense because it continues to produce results. No offensive coordinator worth his salt is going to abandon it with a QB like Brady. McDaniels has done a nice job of integrating some additional looks. Helps to have Ridley, Bolden, and now Vereen making good progress. Despite the criticism, Woody has had a nice season so far as well. Lloyd also provides a better perimeter threat. The improved and deeper talent gives McDaniels more diverse tools and so far he's done a good job of utilizing them creatively. In fairness, though, overall production is not much different so far from last year's,and it has been a little up and down from game to game.  Good in four games, a bit underwhelming in three.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts