McDaniels to Arkansas?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oneeyedjack. Show oneeyedjack's posts

McDaniels to Arkansas?

I'm surprised no one is talking about this. There's been a report that mcDaniels is willing to talk about becoming the HC. Seems like a stretch given the flameout in Denver and the way the Pats went out of their way to bring him back. That said, JM doesn't appear to be the most loyal guy. Does this story have legs?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: McDaniels to Arkansas?

In Response to McDaniels to Arkansas?:
    I'm surprised no one is talking about this. There's been a report that mcDaniels is willing to talk about becoming the HC. Seems like a stretch given the flameout in Denver and the way the Pats went out of their way to bring him back. That said, JM doesn't appear to be the most loyal guy. Does this story have legs?
    Posted by oneeyedjack

Apparently, it's nothing to worry about, yet: http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2012/4/15/2950890/steve-mariucci-josh-mcdaniels-arkansas-football-coaching-rumors

I can't see McDaniels leaving, after he was just hired back by BB. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In Response to Re: McDaniels to Arkansas?:
    How would that chump ever get a job again?  Bill has littered the NFL with his horrible proteges.  At least now Rusty can continue to claim that it's someone not named Bill Belichick that is responsible for the Patsties offense when they can't seal the deal.
    Posted by JetMangione

I love it how come here and try and stir the pot about the pats, when the team you obviously root for was 8-8 last year. Rediculous.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

How would that chump ever get a job again?  Bill has littered the NFL with his horrible proteges.  At least now Rusty can continue to claim that it's someone not named Bill Belichick that is responsible for the Patsties offense when they can't seal the deal.
    Posted by JetMangione

As Ive said before, Belichick is the master, most of the castoffs have failed.

Its BB!!!!

However that chump, has 3 superbowl titles!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

wrecks ryan destroyed the jets

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

It started with Ratgini, another BB castoff!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In Response to Re: McDaniels to Arkansas? : Are we calling taking a team that another one of Bill's minions decimated, rebuilding it overnight, starting a rookie QB and going to the final 4 in his first two years as an HC "destroyed"? 
    Posted by JetMangione

Yes.  He spent a ton of money, shot his wad and has nothing to show
    for it!!!!

Look at your cap sitiuation. I can't wait until Revis holds out again.
    Wasn't he drafted by Ratgini?

Your team didn't rebuild, it reached and came up short.  Big difference.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In Response to Re: McDaniels to Arkansas? : Unlike the Patsies who couldn't win a playoff game for three years and then lucked their way to getting embarrassed by a 9-7 team?  Is that how rebuilding is done? Look at the cap situation?  What is that some kind of echo from 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011?  Yeah, having to sign the best CB in football is an awful situation to be in.  Could be worse, we could be paying 10 million in 2012 for guys who haven't played since 2010.
    Posted by JetMangione

Get a clue. The Jests are paying a combined 18m for 2 below average QB's.

Most likely creating the biggest controversy in Jests history.

But after 40+ years of futility, i guess it doesn't matter.  After all
    Tebow wasn't brought in to run some college plays a few downs a
    game.  Its all about the PSL's isn't it.

How pathetic.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In Response to Re: McDaniels to Arkansas? : 18 mil?  Is that over 5 years?  Where are you getting your numbers from?  Just a tip here for you... you typing a number does not make it true.
    Posted by JetMangione

Ok, what is it then?  I don't spend alot of time looking at the Jets, as I
    do not see them as a threat anytime soon.

And I surely do not troll on Jests boards!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: McDaniels to Arkansas? : Unlike the Patsies who couldn't win a playoff game for three years and then lucked their way to getting embarrassed by a 9-7 team?  Is that how rebuilding is done? Look at the cap situation?  What is that some kind of echo from 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011?  Yeah, having to sign the best CB in football is an awful situation to be in.  Could be worse, we could be paying 10 million in 2012 for guys who haven't played since 2010.
    Posted by JetMangione

In the past 40 yrs (40 just seems like a nice round number) how many times have the Pats made the SB, you know the goal of every organization? The answer is 8. And how many times have they won said championship? The answer is 3. And, how many times have the Jets won or even been to the super bowl in the last 40 years.... the answer is the same 0.

BTW have you checked your depth lately? That's what been in cap trouble does, it kills your depth. If you have any question whether you have no depth or not, ask yourself what happens if that pro-bowl RT gets injured (in case you didn't notice it was sarcasm since he's widely considered the worst starting RT in the league)? Or how about your secondary if Revis is injured? I'm not talking about mounting injures either I'm talking a single player. How about Pouha?

Face it, your team couldn't survive a single starter going down for any length because you have zero depth. Heck the 09' and 10' were far superior to the 11' and so far the 12' teams because they at least had a little depth. Your team has half an OL, 1 WR, no real RB's to carry any part of the load (unless you call Tebow your RB now), you basically have worse S's then the Pats (talk about scary), and your vaulted front 7 even produced less QB pressure then the Pats last season. Wasn't your D suppose to be scary or something? Your team spent heavy to make a short run and failed. Now the piper is calling and collecting debts and your team is falling apart. Right now I might be more scared of the Bills then the Jets. But heck, at least you are still better then the Phins?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

The chize's cap hit in the next 5 years is:
    5+
    10+
    13+
    15.5+
    13.5+

18 mil over 5 years? Yeah, ok.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewart7557. Show stewart7557's posts

In Response to Re: McDaniels to Arkansas? : Are you a Red Sox fan?
    Posted by JetMangione

Are you a Red Sox fan?

What kind of response is that Leon? Pats English made some excellent points. If your gonna come here on this board and dis our team - the least you can do is take the time to make a reasonable argument to support your claims. If you are just gonna throw trash against the wall and see whats sticks - noone here is going to take your posts seriously.

Your input on this board actually amuses me sometimes and I personally don't mind trolls but please be able to defend your position if your going to talk trash my friend.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatthefaulk. Show whatthefaulk's posts

This troll isn't worth anyones time. Whats the barber say? NEXT.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: McDaniels to Arkansas? : Yeah, sort of.  If by a single starter you mean injuried to 1/2 dozen key starters, then yes, your right.  And if by no real running back, you mean a 1000 yard back in a pass first offense, then you're right again. I'm not sure where you heard the defense was suppose to be scary, but anyone with any football knowledge knows that when a team is replacing 1/2 dozen probowl players in a single season, there are going to be some issues.  In fact, the patsies still have not replaced their decent defensive players in their 4 year rebuilding project. 
    Posted by JetMangione

Wait, did you just say you were a pass first offense? Seriously I had to triple read that, that the Jets are a pass first offense?

BTW your 1000yrd rusher had the 12th most carries in the league. To put that in perspective only 2 players in the top 15 in carries had below a 1000 yrds (Bush and Mendenhall). When you are carrying the ball that much you should be breaking a 1000yrds otherwise something is seriously wrong. Bet heck at least he was consistent averaging 65.9 yrds/game. I mean what team wouldn't want a RB who's getting close to 75% of the carries for the team to average less then 70yrds/game. I mean what should it matter that your team was in the bottom 3rd of the league in offense with a 1000yrd rusher, lol. BTW the Pats on less carries total had a more affective running game then the Jets this past year without a single 1000yrd rusher. Yes, you running game stinks and Greene is no better then BJGE was. Yes the same BJGE that you called a PS running back in the 11' pre-season.

BTW, what pro-bowlers did you replace due to injury?

Thomas? He hasn't been a pro-bowl quality player for years now

Leonhard? Please don't make me laugh

Are you talking about the pro-bowlers you couldn't afford to keep? Isn't that what I was kind of debating that cap trouble has killed your depth and you lost pro-bowlers?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In Response to Re: McDaniels to Arkansas? : Do you not understand what pass first means?  Let me help you out.  If you pass more often than you run.... YOU'RE A PASS FIRST TEAM. So, the fact that Greene avaraged 4.2 ypc on his way to a 1000 yard season is bad?  How long has 4 ypc been bad?
    Posted by JetMangione

For as long as the team finishes 8-8 and doesn't make the playoffs. Lol

And using your logic; every team in the NFL is pass first so big deal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: McDaniels to Arkansas? : Do you not understand what pass first means?  Let me help you out.  If you pass more often than you run.... YOU'RE A PASS FIRST TEAM. So, the fact that Greene avaraged 4.2 ypc on his way to a 1000 yard season is bad?  How long has 4 ypc been bad?
    Posted by JetMangione

Almost every team passes more then they run, do you not understand what pass first means? Run first means that they use the run to set up the pass and rely more on the run to dictate the tempo of the game. Pass first means that they use the pass to set up the run and rely more on the passing game to dictate the tempo of the game.

The Jets have been and will continue to be known as a run first team. Maybe when they get a QB who can average more then 6.5 ypc and actually have a decent WR core they might become more pass based O but right now their primary setup is built around the run.

So, who were those 6 pro-bowlers you lost due to injury last year again?

Oh yes 4.2 is a decent average and what do you know that's the average BJGE had the year you called him a PS RB, so according to you yes is bad. Not, to me but to you yes it must be. And btw you still didn't answer if you though averaging under 70 yrds/game is a good average for a RB that has 75% of your carries.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In Response to Re: McDaniels to Arkansas? : Are you sayng that every team had more pass attempts than rushing atttempts?
    Posted by JetMangione

Pretty much. All but a few.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Yets, 8-8, go back to your hole bud.

Come back and talk to us when your team is relevant and actually MAKES it to the Super Bowl, OK? Until then, your presence here is nothing but an absolute joke.

Pats SWEPT the Yets last year, why are you here again? Still proud of losing in back to back AFC Championship games? Where were the Yets last year? Oh yeah, watching the Patriots win in the playoffs and go to the Super Bowl, something the Yets haven't done in 40+ years...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

I Thought The J.e.t.s were a ground & pound team, I also thought they had the talent to be the  number 1 D in the league according te rex, anything short of that was a major disappointment. A Pass first team? lol obviously this dude doesn't have a clue about the way his team's O operates, for a minute there I thought they had Matthew Stafford under center, oh wait is the Sanchise him of the 56.7 CMP % lol what a joke.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Mangione - I'll ask this simply, does your team use the run to set the tempo of the game and to set up the pass, or does you pass set the tempo of the game and sets up the run?

but, you must be right and all us must be wrong... oh wait didn't Rexy say after like 3 weeks into the season they were going to be a ground and pound team? He must have meant Sanchezs was going to throw the ball into the ground then get pounded right?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Posted by JetMangione

I suspect that you are still very upset that BB blew off the jets an took the job as HC of the greatest team in the history of all sports The New England Patriots!
    You have to accept that NY and especially the jets is not a very desiriable job for a head coach, its more of a stepping stone for a guy trying to get his name out there or in some cases it could be a place where a coach wants to show how good he is by leading the sorry team to the playoffs.

Lets compare the head coach and quarterbacks with each team.. sanchez 28-20 ryan 28-20 for a combined 56-40... WOW! 

Brady 134-40    BB 139-53  combined 273- 93  

Jeez, I didn't realize that it was that one sided.. sorry if i've embarrassed you on that one.  I will just put you on ignore so I wont continue to make you look bad. Have a good day bearded one!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Did anyone see the thread about McDaniels and the Arkansas job?  I was around here.....somewhere.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

So you're telling me that a team in the bottom half of the league in passing attempts/game and in the top half of the league in running attempts/game while also playing a majority of their games from behind coming out of the half (usually means they pass more in the second half) is a pass first team because they they throw the ball more times then the ran even though a vast majority of teams every year pass more the run, and most coaches and analysist don't define pass on run first offenses based on % of plays in those formations, that a team where the coach himself said they were going to be a ground and pound team that they are a pass first team?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

In Response to Re: McDaniels to Arkansas? : No. What I'm saying is the Jets, who dropped back on 56% of their offensive plays, were a pass first team in 2011. You have repeatedly claimed that the 2011 Jets, who ran the ball on 44% of their offensive plays, were a run first team.  You are wrong.
    Posted by JetMangione

It depends whether you define pass first as being by choice or necessity. They want to be run first but don't have the talent. So they pass more but don't have the talent there either. But they're usually behind so they keep passing.

They must hate Sanchez as they've done nothing to upgrade their offense this off season. Plax was arguably their best red zone weapon and no depth at skill positions. Pretty bleak if either Santonio or Greene, good but not great players, get hurt.

Right now they really aren't good enough to prioritize either run or pass, as they can't dominate with either. Lots of old guys and holes on defense too...yikes. I guess you're used to giving up hope this soon but not much fun.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

In Response to Re: McDaniels to Arkansas? : So, you think that in 2009 & 2010, the Jets were ahead in the majority of their games which allowed them to run the ball from start to finish, but in 2011 they were behind, so far behind that they NEEDED to pass the ball?
    Posted by JetMangione

I expect it varies situationally and game to game but I just don't think you can really call them either a run first or pass first team. They want to run but apparently it's not working since they felt the need to pass more.

But that's not really working either since doing it more couldn't generate enough wins. 

Teams want to do what they're good at but the Jets aren't particularly good at anything. 

Sections
Shortcuts