McGinest on Brady`s attitude

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

McGinest on Brady`s attitude

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000246450/article/mcginest-tom-bradys-attitude-with-mates-normal

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: McGinest on Brady`s attitude

I kind of expected that reaction from McGinnest, because McGinnest was competitive...he'd get in your face if you screwed up...he knew what it took to win. I remember when McGinnest was in tears after a loss to the Steelers in the playoffs, Bledsoe was joking around in the lockeroom after and it didn't sit too well with McGinnest, I think that's the type of guys you need. I think that's what Brady is - if we had more of them we'd probably have another Super Bowl by now. Instead we have guys like Spikes that think it's cool to get fat over the spring and then walk in here like he is entitled to something. That's not what we need.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

I've never seen a former Pats player be objective of Tom Brady. Ever.

So, this doesn't mean much.  I was embarrassed to watch Brady continually show up his WRs on the sideline like that, after much berating earlier. Enough is enough. I could see if Brady was locked in or something, but that wasn't the case.

He better improve this week.  

Dillusional doesn't even close to explain your comment. McGinnest stated an opinion....that's it. leaders care and they get upset over mistakes because they want it to be better not to just be an @hole. Get real dude

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

So, this doesn't mean much.  I was embarrassed to watch Brady continually show up his WRs on the sideline like that, after much berating earlier. Enough is enough. I could see if Brady was locked in or something, but that wasn't the case.

What do you mean by objective?  Critical?   They are not the same.

No, dookey boy, actual players that work with the guy have an understanding of what makes a team succeed  They know what a leader is because they've experienced it, much UNLIKE some snake oil salesman that works out of a basement.  Ask BB.  HA HA, I'd pay money to see that.

Have you ever been in a locker room?  I mean other than possibly picking up dirty towels and cleaning the john?

I think I'll take their experience and knowledge and understanding on what makes a leader over yours, EVERY FREAKEN TIME,  dookey boy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Willie hath spoken.

Everyone that was crying about the poor, fragile rookies can stuff it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DonHa. Show DonHa's posts

Have you ever been in a locker room? I mean other than possibly picking up dirty towels and cleaning the john?

Don't knock the people that have this type job. Some day it may be you.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to freediro's comment:

Dillusional doesn't even close to explain your comment. McGinnest stated an opinion....that's it. leaders care and they get upset over mistakes because they want it to be better not to just be an @hole. Get real dude

Excuse me? Can you point to a time where a former Pats player that won a ring with Brady was actually objective in their analysis with him?

I've never seen it.

I get being passionate and wanting to be better is a big thing for winners, but that was well beyond that last Thursday. I am over it, but don't deny what happened.

Just because you don't believe they are being objective doesn't mean they aren't being objective!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to DonHa's comment:

Have you ever been in a locker room? I mean other than possibly picking up dirty towels and cleaning the john?

Don't knock the people that have this type job. Some day it may be you.  

Who's knocking those people?

Just don't think they're qualified to be ragging on  the G.O.A.T with their experience.  Tide or Surf, bleach or lysol, sure.  I'd listen then, provided he actually knows the difference. 

Rusty doesn't.  His mom still does his laundry.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

What do you mean by objective?  Critical?   They are not the same.

No, dookey boy, actual players that work with the guy have an understanding of what makes a team succeed  They know what a leader is because they've experienced it, much UNLIKE some snake oil salesman that works out of a basement.  Ask BB.  HA HA, I'd pay money to see that.

Have you ever been in a locker room?  I mean other than possibly picking up dirty towels and cleaning the john?

I think I'll take their experience and knowledge and understanding on what makes a leader over yours, EVERY FREAKEN TIME,  dookey boy.

Don't worry Pezz. Russ is a millennial and his feelings get hurt quickly. the Brady outburst scared him, and he cried for days. Big bad Tommy. He's so scary, me afraid. 

The warnings were out people. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Excuse me? Can you point to a time where a former Pats player that won a ring with Brady was actually objective in their analysis with him?

I've never seen it.

I get being passionate and wanting to be better is a big thing for winners, but that was well beyond that last Thursday. I am over it, but don't deny what happened.

Just because you don't believe they are being objective doesn't mean they aren't being objective!

That makes no sense.  They've never been critical after he has a subpar game. They always talk about other things that are far less pertinent with regards to the loss.

Okay. So what they say doesn't fit your agenda so they must be biased and wrong...

i am sure there is some loyalty amongst teammates. I wouldn't expect anyone who played and won sb's with Brady to bash him the way you would want them to. 

Its hard to explain this type of relationship. Best advice I can give you to somewhat comprehend is to take your pet parrot, look deeply into its eyes and tell little Jerry how much you love him. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Big bad Tommy. He's so scary, me afraid. 

That's pretty funny.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" I was embarrassed to watch Brady continually show up his WRs on the sideline like that, after much berating earlier. Enough is enough."

Too bad Belichick didn't have the sack to do anything about it. He cannot be considered the best of all time if he lets his QB walk all over him. 

As for me, Brady's attitude should improve, no doubt about it, he has said as much, but what is really embarassing is to get Brady to restructure his contract and then surround him with gimps, stiffs, and rookies. 

This is Reche Caldwell personnel bufoonery all over again. Look where that got us. We sign Deoin Branch, we win another Super Bowl that year. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

“Tom's the best leader I've ever been around,'' said Belichick. “I wouldn't be too critical of him."

Either Belichick is a liar or people should get off Brady's back.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

And of course he couldn't possibly be the best leader BB has ever been around and actually do something wrong now could he? The guy's the best QB I've ever seen but when he lost control he was out of line.  Not when he chewed em out; not when he yelled; when he lost control.

I'm a huge Willie McG fan and I simply disagree with him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I'm a big believer in the unspoken mind set. I have felt all along that Brady inside is seething over the WW situation....his anger is related to that and not the kids at WR.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

" I was embarrassed to watch Brady continually show up his WRs on the sideline like that, after much berating earlier. Enough is enough."

Too bad Belichick didn't have the sack to do anything about it. He cannot be considered the best of all time if he lets his QB walk all over him. 

As for me, Brady's attitude should improve, no doubt about it, he has said as much, but what is really embarassing is to get Brady to restructure his contract and then surround him with gimps, stiffs, and rookies. 

This is Reche Caldwell personnel bufoonery all over again. Look where that got us. We sign Deoin Branch, we win another Super Bowl that year. 

The Pats sign Branch to the money he wanted and the Pats never get beck to the superbowl ever again.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Brady is the greatest of all time. It's his offense to run. These players will brag one day about playing with Brady.  If they can't cut it then they go the way of ocho, b Johnson, Tate. Etc.  it's not a case of you take the guy aside , hand him his trophy and tell him it's ok.  It's for money, if you can't cut it then someone else will. Let notice be served. We were playing the jests.  That game is circled on the calendar, it sets the tone for the beginning of the season. Brady can do hat he feels is in the best intrest of the team. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

I've never seen it.

That makes no sense.  They've never been critical after he has a subpar game. They always talk about other things that are far less pertinent with regards to the loss.

I'm sorry that you can't understand what I just said.  I'm just saying that maybe THEY are the ones being objective and maybe your blind hatred of Brady has colored your opinions and blown little things into huge mountainous things.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

from the link:

"A lot that you see with Tom was because there were mental errors on the receivers' part," McGinest said. "Now, when we came into the league, the veterans wouldn't even talk to you. You talk about hurting your confidence and being thin-skinned, they wouldn't even talk to you, they didn't want to associate with you, they didn't care about any of that until you earned the respect by what you did on the field."

"It's not just Tom. We had a group of guys that were like that, that were competitive," McGinest added. "There's not a time when Rodney Harrison, when I made a mistake or I did something, I blew an assignment, he didn't run up and jump on my case, but we all had that understanding that we're teammates, we're not taking this personal. This is just business, it's football."

----------

the way I interpreted it - it sounds like McGinnest is saying that the on field display was NOT "acceptable".

In addition, I think the emotions for competitiveness vs. frustration are different. IMO, it was the latter, not the former that was displayed that gives some people the impression that Brady has become a prima donna QB, much like Poutin Peyton.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Someone with gravitas needs to hold people accountable, and Brady's mea culpa tells me that he knows he hasn't been perfect, etiher.  He needs to hold his emotions in check, but the day he loses his fire is the day there is another QB under center.  If the rookie WRs guys cannot understand the sense of urgency that the Patriots (and probably every NFL team) operate under, then they won't be on this team for long.  Not saying they don't understand, but when your all-world QB is demanding more of you (and himself) then it probably gets their attention. 

I don't look at Tom's rants as whinging.  He's a fiery, emotional guy who tends to show his frustration at times.  So what?  It think it's because he cares about winning.  None of you have ever played sports with a guy like that?  I have.  You may hate getting called out at times if you're thin skinned, but when someone you respect does that it certainly ups your level of commitment if you have any pride.      

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

Someone with gravitas needs to hold people accountable, and Brady's mea culpa tells me that he knows he hasn't been perfect, etiher.  If the rookie WRs guys cannot understand the sense of urgency that the Patriots (and probably every NFL team) operate under, then they won't be on this team for long.  Not saying they don't understand, but when your all-world QB is demanding more of you (and himself) then it probably gets their attention. 

I don't look at Tom's rants as whinging.  He's a fiery, emotional guy who tends to show his frustration at times.  So what?  It think it's because he cares about winning.  None of you have ever played sports with a guy like that?  I have.  You may hate getting called out at times if you're thin skinned, but when someone you respect does that it certainly ups your level of commitment if you have any pride.      

IMO, isn't that the coaches job? Ultimately, BB is accountable and should have had a discussion with the receivers who were making some errors and Brady for not being exactly on top of his game. BB should be responsible for that. I'm guessing he already has; except behind closed doors.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

Someone with gravitas needs to hold people accountable, and Brady's mea culpa tells me that he knows he hasn't been perfect, etiher.  If the rookie WRs guys cannot understand the sense of urgency that the Patriots (and probably every NFL team) operate under, then they won't be on this team for long.  Not saying they don't understand, but when your all-world QB is demanding more of you (and himself) then it probably gets their attention. 

IMO, isn't that the coaches job? Ultimately, BB is accountableand should have had a discussion with the receivers who were making some errors and Brady for not being exactly on top of his game. BB should be responsible for that. I'm guessing he already has; except behind closed doors.

I'm sure BB holds everyone accountable, but BB isn't throwing the ball to the WRs and he isn't in the huddle with those guys.  Brady was criticized in the past for ignoring WRs who can't get with the program.  This year, it's a bit different in that he has to help develop these guys.  He can help make or break them, whether anyone thinks that's a good thing or bad thing it's the truth.       

Sections
Shortcuts