McGinnest said on ESPN Podcast today with Adam Jones that....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

McGinnest said on ESPN Podcast today with Adam Jones that....

The game was lost because of the D's inability to get the ball back (TOP) and that it doesn't matter if the team is ahead by 1 or 7, it's the D's responsibility to make the stop and help win the game.
    http://espn.go.com/espnradio/boston/play?id=7558814 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: McGinnest said on ESPN Podcast today with Adam Jones that....

I disagree, the game was lost because both sides didn't execute when they most needed to. I bet a quarterback would say its more on the offense because they had a chance to step on NY's throat numerous times and didn't.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Theres a Guy that knows how to make plays in the clutch....Willie Mac shut down the old Indy Field with his Goal Line Stop,.

Shhhhhh, dont tell Rusty though, he is  gonna go on a rant about Brady's HORRENDOUS INT...lol

This is exactly what I said. Now do we want them in that position, No? but they get paid too.

Bruschi talked about how he would have been upset if B.B. went on 4th and 2 like he did in Indy 2 years ago with his defense but the truth is, B.B. was right.

Every time the "D" NEEDS to make a stop, they DONT! 

The sad, Ironic part is that our coach told the players to not pay attention to Manningham and he beat us.

In this scenario, I say Cover EVERYONE. Sure Manningham wasnt as big a playmaker this year in postseason as Cruz n Nicks, but he had big TD's in the games.

This is Why i think you tell the defense to cover EVERYONE, its not hard if you know they have to pass....smh

The Real Stinger Pezz, is based on B.B's call to make Manningham beat us you can almost say with conviction he probably said the same for Tyree in 07' as he wasnt supposed to be a threat and maybe thats why Asante left him to cover someone else....

B.B. has got to feel sick to his stomach, this is why i think its more than execution. B.B. has some bad Kharma going on to have that happen.

Goodel is a N.Y. York guy that Hates B.B. and was the Commish for 2 losing SB's with N.Y. the winner....hmm,, I wouldnt be surprised if Goodell tapped B.B.'s room and gave the gameplan to Coughlin personallly......Ugghhhh!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I like that people are going to come on the boards now and explain how they have a better understanding of NFL football than McGinest does...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

I'm pretty sure offense , defense and special teams all could have played better and changed the outcome but they didn't. The difference between 5 SB wins and 3 been a handful of plays and they didn't make them. Really 6 if you count a near gimme SB if they didn't blow it against Indy and played the Bears 0_0

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: McGinnest said on ESPN Podcast today with Adam Jones that....:
    [QUOTE]I disagree, the game was lost because both sides didn't execute when they most needed to. I bet a quarterback would say its more on the offense because they had a chance to step on NY's throat numerous times and didn't.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

Agreed both sides are responsible. They have to feed off each other
    However, when the D allows the jints 16 extra minutes on O (more than a quarter) to score or not, it severely limits the Pats opportunities to score and basically makes them one dimensional.  Hurry-up, no runs, forcing plays ect....
    That's just the truth. 
    And no, I'm not a TBBW nor do I prefer offense to defense.  No one screamed louder than me when TB threw the int or when he allowed the safety.
    But I also screamed numerous times during the game "You gotta get the F'n ball back."  Didn't you?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Or 7, if someone isnt holding Vinatieri on the Desmond Howard return in 96'

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

the game was lost because the offense dropped catchable balls, and the defense didnt recover any of the forced fumbles.

there were opportunities and we didnt capitalize on them.

Simple as that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

It was a team loss---in the immortal words of Bill Belichick, "that's T-E-A-M, team."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In Response to Re: McGinnest said on ESPN Podcast today with Adam Jones that....:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: McGinnest said on ESPN Podcast today with Adam Jones that.... : Agreed both sides are responsible. They have to feed off each other However, when the D allows the jints 16 extra minutes on O (more than a quarter) to score or not, it severely limits the Pats opportunities to score and basically makes them one dimensional.  Hurry-up, no runs, forcing plays ect.... That's just the truth.  And no, I'm not a TBBW nor do I prefer offense to defense.  No one screamed louder than me when TB threw the int or when he allowed the safety. But I also screamed numerous times during the game "You gotta get the F'n ball back."  Didn't you?
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't frustrated with the defense's inability to get off the field quickly. Field position was a big part of that game and that lies squarely on the defense from the start. But that's how they've been all year, they don't call them the bend but don't break for nothin. Offense knows this and needed to step up more than they did.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Willie "gets it". As a matter of fact, by far the highest concentration of those who don't are Pats' fans. The disease is rooted in their lack of appreciation for Brady. If they cut him half the slack they cut everybody else on the team they would see the light.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]I'm pretty sure offense , defense and special teams all could have played better and changed the outcome but they didn't. The difference between 5 SB wins and 3 been a handful of plays and they didn't make them. Really 6 if you count a near gimme SB if they didn't blow it against Indy and played the Bears 0_0
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

The difference between SIX SB wins and 3 are all D FAILs at the endgame. Have I mentioned this before?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

T-e-a-m

Thats how you spell team. The main thing I want the Patriots to do this offseason is to realize that this thing isn't just on Tom Bradys shoulders. We have to be able to win games when he is throwing for 28-41. If he even sniffs a game like that we lose. I don't know who we aim to add but somewhere were getting an infusion of talent. 

Bill probably sent all these guys home with things they need to improve on. I could make a mini list quickly. 

Mayo-Needs to learn how to actually defend the pass. That play in the super bowl on the first drive shows how poor he is adjusting to the ball in the air.

Spikes-Stay in the gym and continue to work out. He needs to hit the gym and work out more so that he can stay on the field. Just be in his playbook.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Willie is right, and part of the problem with this defense is that there is no players like Willie on this squad...maybe next year, we've got 25 million to spend.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McGinnest said on ESPN Podcast today with Adam Jones that.... : Agreed both sides are responsible. They have to feed off each other However, when the D allows the jints 16 extra minutes on O (more than a quarter) to score or not, it severely limits the Pats opportunities to score and basically makes them one dimensional.  Hurry-up, no runs, forcing plays ect.... That's just the truth.  And no, I'm not a TBBW nor do I prefer offense to defense.  No one screamed louder than me when TB threw the int or when he allowed the safety. But I also screamed numerous times during the game "You gotta get the F'n ball back."  Didn't you?

Pezz--How dare you make perfect sense!? How dare you point out what very few have mentioned!? (the 16 xtra minutes are an extremely overlooked facet to this entire "who lost the game" question. You have to have the ball to score. Whether the D gave up 17 pts, 19pts or 6 points the imbalance in TOP is crucial) Wait until the "we have a very good defense" people see what you wrote! Should be lively.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

this post makes way too much sense for this board!  Come on guys, you know the 32nd rank defense is great and Tom Brady stinks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McGinnest said on ESPN Podcast today with Adam Jones that.... : Pezz--How dare you make perfect sense!? How dare you point out what very few have mentioned!? (the 16 xtra minutes are an extremely overlooked facet to this entire "who lost the game" question. You have to have the ball to score. Whether the D gave up 17 pts, 19pts or 6 points the imbalance in TOP is crucial) Wait until the "we have a very good defense" people see what you wrote! Should be lively.
    Posted by Gravelten4[/QUOTE]
    The defense never made the Giants go three and out once in this entire game, how the hell can you allow something like that to happen and win? When the Giants didn't score, they drove the ball deep enough to pin us on punts - it seemed like we were starting from our own 5 yard line all game. On the game winning drive there was little to no resistance to anything the Giants did - we need some play makers over on that side of the ball if we're going to beat good teams consistently.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

If Willie was playing he would've stalled the Giants last drive with a well timed fake injury.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Our offense was our strength and our defense was our weakness this year. In the super bowl, neither did enough to win.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

There were mistakes in all three phases of the game, offense , defense, and special teams that could have changed the outcome. Even the coaching. 

Had they only put up 17 points in any of the super bowls that Willie played in they would have lost them too. It's not all on any part of the team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Blame the guy who buys the groceries

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]I like that people are going to come on the boards now and explain how they have a better understanding of NFL football than McGinest does...
    Posted by FrnkBnhm[/QUOTE]
    So true!   The D has to get the ball back for the O!  If you are on the offense and know your possessions are going to be limited, you may not play to kill the clock as you need to score fast.  I'm not saying the O is faultless here, but, the play of the D has to factor into the offensive game plns somewhere, hence the propensity to use a hurry up offense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]Willie is right, and part of the problem with this defense is that there is no players like Willie on this squad...maybe next year, we've got 25 million to spend.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Actually, I think we saw the D show some signs of having players like Willie this year.  The AFCC game is a good example of that.  They just didn't show it when it mattered most.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to McGinnest said on ESPN Podcast today with Adam Jones that....:
    [QUOTE]The game was lost because of the D's inability to get the ball back (TOP) and that it doesn't matter if the team is ahead by 1 or 7, it's the D's responsibility to make the stop and help win the game. http://espn.go.com/espnradio/boston/play?id=7558814  

Rusty will add him to his list of morons, which I think now includes just about everyone who used to play for the Pats as well as most of the current coaching staff. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]Theres a Guy that knows how to make plays in the clutch....Willie Mac shut down the old Indy Field with his Goal Line Stop,. Shhhhhh, dont tell Rusty though, he is  gonna go on a rant about Brady's HORRENDOUS INT...lol This is exactly what I said. Now do we want them in that position, No? but they get paid too. Bruschi talked about how he would have been upset if B.B. went on 4th and 2 like he did in Indy 2 years ago with his defense but the truth is, B.B. was right. Every time the "D" NEEDS to make a stop, they DONT!  The sad, Ironic part is that our coach told the players to not pay attention to Manningham and he beat us. In this scenario, I say Cover EVERYONE. Sure Manningham wasnt as big a playmaker this year in postseason as Cruz n Nicks, but he had big TD's in the games. This is Why i think you tell the defense to cover EVERYONE, its not hard if you know they have to pass....smh The Real Stinger Pezz, is based on B.B's call to make Manningham beat us you can almost say with conviction he probably said the same for Tyree in 07' as he wasnt supposed to be a threat and maybe thats why Asante left him to cover someone else.... B.B. has got to feel sick to his stomach, this is why i think its more than execution. B.B. has some bad Kharma going on to have that happen. Goodel is a N.Y. York guy that Hates B.B. and was the Commish for 2 losing SB's with N.Y. the winner....hmm,, I wouldnt be surprised if Goodell tapped B.B.'s room and gave the gameplan to Coughlin personallly......Ugghhhh!
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Stop and think about it for a second..  it is plain to see that you have become Rusty's mirror image....  

Sections
Shortcuts