McGowan signing makes perfect sense now

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

McGowan signing makes perfect sense now

i thin the patriots planned on telling Tank Williams to come in light so he could be there ss/ilb rover this year but with McKenzie out of the mix and Ruud gone it would be just as easy to tell him to go the other way so he can play ILB on 3 and fourth down along the side of Guyton and or Mayo

When the patriots go to there 5:1:5 hybrid they are going to be super stought with this deffense on the field 

Seymour Brace, Wilfork, Warren

Guyton  

Chung  (ROVER)                             MerriWheather (SLOT DB)

Springs (LCB)   Mcgowan  (SS)  Sanders (FS)                   Bodden (RCB)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

Re: McGowan signing makes perfect sense now

The display you field you have is a 4:1:6 and why is the LB we picked up in the first last year, mayo, DROY, team leader in tackles, not on the field, I hear he is pretty good.

I agree though that a hybrid type of defense like 3-3-5 stack might be something with a SS/ILb, like tank or chung, as the 5th DB may be the way of the future because of the way teams are starting to spread out the field with 4 or 5 reciver sets.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

I don't like this formation, no pass rush means we could have 11 dbs out there and same result, pass completion for a 1st down.

Unleash the beasts this year, Ad Thomas and Pierre Woods, put the QB on his azz, don't give him all day to throw like last several years, that d does not work.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

I don't think that formation makes sense from a run stopping or pass stopping view.  No one behind the DL to stop the run, and 4 run stopping DL who won't get enough pressure on the QB.

Something like this on passing downs:

Crable   Green   Seymour  Thomas

Springs              Guyton                     Mayo          Wheatley         Bodden 

Mcgowan    

Merriweather

A new 4-3 on 1st/2nd down might look like this:

Green   Brace  Wilfork   Seymour

Springs                         Thomas     Mayo      Guyton                       Bodden

Sanders

Merriweather

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

I like the 2nd formation, replace guyton with Woods

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Are you kidding?  Woods over Guyton as weakside linebacker? 

What's wrong with the first formation?  Mcgowan?  Don't know anything about him, just feel like Sanders is no good at coverage.  Would much rather see Sanders at SS and Merriweather at FS. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Or a monster nickel:

Wright
    Springs                      Crable   Woods                     Thomas           Bodden
                                                         Mayo                     Tank
                                          Guyton                                                 

Sanders

Merriweather

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

I don't think that formation makes sense from a run stopping or pass stopping view.  No one behind the DL to stop the run, and 4 run stopping DL who won't get enough pressure on the QB. Something like this on passing downs:                               Crable   Green   Seymour  Thomas Springs              Guyton                     Mayo          Wheatley         Bodden                                               Mcgowan                                                        Merriweather A new 4-3 on 1st/2nd down might look like this:                                Green   Brace  Wilfork   Seymour Springs                         Thomas     Mayo      Guyton                       Bodden                                                         Sanders                                                  Merriweather                 
    Posted by themightypatriots

Not sure why you would go w Green over Warren. Or even Crabel over Warren.

Does Warren come off the field on passing downs?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

If you look at BB prevent betwen the 20 yard line last year Guyton was always in the middle because he runs a 4.3 and can cover TE better than Mayo.

this formation is not old the only thing that change was i took Mayo out and Put Chung in at ROVER, Merriweheather in the Slot

Chung become our second ILB and depending on the formation shown by the O McGowan would blitz irregarless meaning you would have four staught run stuffs two rovers in Chung and Guyton in the middle and a renagade blitzer in many circusstances

look at some tape from last year this form ation was used often especially against teams with a one back back field two tight end set and three wide outs spread

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Are you guy auditioning for D-coordinator?   Last I checked Pees still has the job even though I wish he didn't.

best              best           best           best             best

best               best           best           best

best                                           best

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

I think Green and Seymour are better pass rushers than Warren.  Warren is a better run stuffer than Green.  Depends on the formation.

Sections
Shortcuts